GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 16]

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
You feed the trolls, they stick around.

Lagoon likes this post

Lagoon


Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I think you are wrong.

why? Only way I see it is if teams can carry 27 players or something. He's making $200K in the AHL for a reason

Why? Because of the potential for expanded rosters and if not, I think they would still call him up at some point if we really need to fight to win a close game.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
You just explained why he got signed. Because of the cap floor they can't have all the prospects in Ottawa, not at the same time, at least. The AHL is a rough league so for $200k they are a little protection for their future stars.

Will be come up to play a game against the Big Bad whoever-that-is-now? Sure, why not. Then right back to Belleville.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:It is a great signing. Fighting has been going up and up and up for years now. Hoping we can convince All-Star John Scott to resume his NHL career too. In love with Brown, Gudbranson, Watson and Haley. Teams these days are always afraid to go on the PP.

Why are we talking about the NHL, he's not going to play in the NHL.

Lagoon wrote:I think you are wrong.

wprager wrote:You just explained why he got signed. Because of the cap floor they can't have all the prospects in Ottawa, not at the same time, at least. The AHL is a rough league so for $200k they are a little protection for their future stars.

Will be come up to play a game against the Big Bad whoever-that-is-now? Sure, why not. Then right back to Belleville.

And that is why I said think Ev will be wrong when he emphatically stated Haley wouldn’t play in the NHL. He will absolutely get NHL action this year in my opinion. Ev said emphatically no, but then softened his stance with additional factors which means when I said I think he is wrong, he now admits he may be.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:It is a great signing. Fighting has been going up and up and up for years now. Hoping we can convince All-Star John Scott to resume his NHL career too. In love with Brown, Gudbranson, Watson and Haley. Teams these days are always afraid to go on the PP.

Why are we talking about the NHL, he's not going to play in the NHL.

Lagoon wrote:I think you are wrong.

wprager wrote:You just explained why he got signed. Because of the cap floor they can't have all the prospects in Ottawa, not at the same time, at least. The AHL is a rough league so for $200k they are a little protection for their future stars.

Will be come up to play a game against the Big Bad whoever-that-is-now? Sure, why not. Then right back to Belleville.

And that is why I said think Ev will be wrong when he emphatically stated Haley wouldn’t play in the NHL. He will absolutely get NHL action this year in my opinion. Ev said emphatically no, but then softened his stance with additional factors which means when I said I think he is wrong, he now admits he may be.

I will say I am wrong because I never meant to imply he wouldn’t see any nhl games. I think he was signed for the ahl for sure, though

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
This is getting petty

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:It is a great signing. Fighting has been going up and up and up for years now. Hoping we can convince All-Star John Scott to resume his NHL career too. In love with Brown, Gudbranson, Watson and Haley. Teams these days are always afraid to go on the PP.

Why are we talking about the NHL, he's not going to play in the NHL.

Lagoon wrote:I think you are wrong.

wprager wrote:You just explained why he got signed. Because of the cap floor they can't have all the prospects in Ottawa, not at the same time, at least. The AHL is a rough league so for $200k they are a little protection for their future stars.

Will be come up to play a game against the Big Bad whoever-that-is-now? Sure, why not. Then right back to Belleville.

And that is why I said think Ev will be wrong when he emphatically stated Haley wouldn’t play in the NHL. He will absolutely get NHL action this year in my opinion. Ev said emphatically no, but then softened his stance with additional factors which means when I said I think he is wrong, he now admits he may be.

I will say I am wrong because I never meant to imply he wouldn’t see any nhl games. I think he was signed for the ahl for sure, though

He’s a perfect AHL player for our team in Belleville and getting paid well to do it.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:This is getting petty

Holding people accountable is petty?

Fine than, let’s just say whatever we want. Stutzle is a bust. Can’t even get into the starting lineup yet this year in the active DHL.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
so are these new reverse jerseys going to be used for games at all? the sens one is not bad. a bit like a pajama. might look good if we get to see them with full gear.

some of the other teams are great while some others not so.
Minnesota should consider making that an actual jersey with those colors. looks better than anything else they've had.
Colorado and Carolina's are pretty cool nods to the Nordics and whalers.
the kings and Detroit are also really cool.

flames, columbus, pens are meh and (my god) anaheim and Arizona are god awful!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I haven't seen all the jerseys yet. I assume that they'll be used occasionally for games, but am not positive.

The timing was really dumb for the Sens given that they just released new jerseys, so they're not going to maximize their sales $$ on these, but whatever, it wasn't their call it was driven by the league and Adidas.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I haven't seen all the jerseys yet.  I assume that they'll be used occasionally for games, but am not positive.  

The timing was really dumb for the Sens given that they just released new jerseys, so they're not going to maximize their sales $$ on these, but whatever, it wasn't their call it was driven by the league and Adidas.

I thought of that too but as you say, what could the team do? they wanted to come out with the old school logo. they could have waited another year to come out with the new jerseys and let these do the inverted first with the old logo. but they really went and gutted whatever was left of the team's roster of old players and went for the rebrand. i really think they are trying to wash the bad taste out of everyone's mouth of the last 10 years.

sadly you can't wash Melnyk's ugly mug out of there till he might one day sell but as a whole I have a feeling they might be successful with the average senators' fan.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Wasn't me.

Saw me bangin’ on the sofa

Just saw a reference on Twitter, looked it up, find the lyrics, and now I didn't got it. I may be slow, but at least I'm not fast.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I haven't seen all the jerseys yet.  I assume that they'll be used occasionally for games, but am not positive.  

The timing was really dumb for the Sens given that they just released new jerseys, so they're not going to maximize their sales $$ on these, but whatever, it wasn't their call it was driven by the league and Adidas.

I thought of that too but as you say, what could the team do? they wanted to come out with the old school logo. they could have waited another year to come out with the new jerseys and let these do the inverted first with the old logo. but they really went and gutted whatever was left of the team's roster of old players and went for the rebrand. i really think they are trying to wash the bad taste out of everyone's mouth of the last 10 years.

sadly you can't wash Melnyk's ugly mug out of there till he might one day sell but as a whole I have a feeling they might be successful with the average senators' fan.

I'm seeing a lot of people wanting to buy a Tkachuk and Stuetzle jersey so both will sell

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
sens sign Sokolov to an ELC. will be interesting to see him make his debut in the AHL next year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oh, that's awesome!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Sokolov was interviewed on Locked in Sens last week, I think. Given that, 2 years ago he and Batherson communicated via Google Translate his English was fantastic. He may turn a few heads at camp.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I don’t Twitter much, but why is Ottawa Twitter just now realizing that the Isles and Bolts are in cap trouble. Maybe I follow the wrong Ottawa people? They are also just now realizing that Watson, Brown and Gudbranson were atrocious before but especially now when they are potentially blocking spots in any deal with these two clubs. So maybe they aren’t the wrong Ottawa people after all.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Sokolov was interviewed on Locked in Sens last week, I think. Given that, 2 years ago he and Batherson communicated via Google Translate his English was fantastic. He may turn a few heads at camp.

He’s intriguing for sure.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum