GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 61 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 54 of 68]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:That sounds about right, but he also changed what he said.  He got shredded on hf for his initial evaluation if it's the same Ferrari - and how could it not be.

Not sure what was said by him or someone else earlier and I’m also not sure what you are agreeing with in this article.

Can you clarify what you agree with?

He basically says two things: Stutzle, Sanderson, Greig, Jarventie, Sokolov are all good players...but there were many better players to take and that is why the Sens were graded as having a C-draft when they really could’ve just slept their way to an A-draft with their embarrassment of riches and by using any other teams BPA list.

Same with me in that sense. I’ve never once said Stutzle is bad, Sanderson is bad, Greig is bad. Quite the opposite actually. They are good players. But I can name 5 players that are better...and were available before each pick was made. That is what calls our draft into question and will for years yet.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:That sounds about right, but he also changed what he said.  He got shredded on hf for his initial evaluation if it's the same Ferrari - and how could it not be.

Not sure what was said by him or someone else earlier and I’m also not sure what you are agreeing with in this article.

Can you clarify what you agree with?

He basically says two things: Stutzle, Sanderson, Greig, Jarventie, Sokolov are all good players...but there were many better players to take and that is why the Sens were graded as having a C-draft when they really could’ve just slept their way to an A-draft with their embarrassment of riches and by using any other teams BPA list.

Same with me in that sense. I’ve never once said Stutzle is bad, Sanderson is bad, Greig is bad. Quite the opposite actually. They are good players. But I can name 5 players that are better...and were available before each pick was made. That is what calls our draft into question and will for years yet.

Oh, I only skimmed the article where he seemed to heap praise on Stutzle and Sanderson.

I personally don't care - especially anymore. I never wanted anyone at 3 with the exception of Byflield perhaps.

I wanted other players than Sanderson, a few actually, but since then I've read things from people I've listened to in the past that have completely and utterly changed my mind and make me think Ottawa will have one of the craziest defences in the league in a few years (if not sooner). Like - lights out good with Chabot, Sanderson, JBD, Brannstrom and Wolanin holding down 5 spots and hopefully another Dman (or 2) stepping up.

Nothing anyone says will change my mind. I told you, I listen to BondraTime on HF - a lot of people do.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Looked over it quickly. Klevin continues to be a stupid pick and moving up to get him continues to be mind boggling.

I also think this is misinformed - depending on who you listen to. It's all about that right now until you can either see him with your own eyes or get more scouting on him from prospect posters.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Looked over it quickly. Klevin continues to be a stupid pick and moving up to get him continues to be mind boggling.

I also think this is misinformed - depending on who you listen to.  It's all about that right now until you can either see him with your own eyes or get more scouting on him from prospect posters.

It said he had trouble passing. Seems like something any basic d-man, especially a 2nd rd pick and someone you move up to get, should have. Said the two picks Toronto got in exchange for Klevin were far superior to him.

Anyway, it is what it is. I hope the he and Sanderson play in the WJHC so we can get a good glimpse of them against good competition, though I don't think Klevin makes the team? Worst case NoDak starts next week.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I also think this is misinformed - depending on who you listen to.  It's all about that right now until you can either see him with your own eyes or get more scouting on him from prospect posters.

It said he had trouble passing. Seems like something any basic d-man, especially a 2nd rd pick and someone you move up to get, should have. Said the two picks Toronto got in exchange for Klevin were far superior to him.

Anyway, it is what it is. I hope the he and Sanderson play in the WJHC so we can get a good glimpse of them against good competition, though I don't think Klevin makes the team? Worst case NoDak starts next week.

Heard the absolute opposite about the two toronto picks.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

i don't know anything about the, was just paraphrasing the article.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Heard the absolute opposite about the two toronto picks.

Oh god. Wow.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again, you believe what you want and I'll listen to guys I really respect. I've said before that i couldn't care less what you think and it hasn't magically changed.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

At the end of the day scouting a bunch of teenagers is a crapshoot. Kucherov was drafted #58 and Saad #43 in a draft that saw Ryan Strome go #5 and Duncan Siemens #11.

There are zero certainties.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:At the end of the day scouting a bunch of teenagers is a crapshoot. Kucherov was drafted #58 and Saad #43 in a draft that saw Ryan Strome go #5 and Duncan Siemens #11.  

There are zero certainties.

That’s all true, but some are better than others and I gave a subtle hint a month ago that a certain someone would be the next “internet scout” as some want to label us, to be hired by an NHL team.

But hey, to each their own.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

This found it way to me just now. I don’t care about its methodology, I just found it funny.

https://twitter.com/cudmorecolin/status/1333929105461489666?s=21

Ranked last in the 2020 draft even though we got the most pieces of talent. That just shows how franchise altering our draft could have been...but wasn’t.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's funny to rank a draft when not a single one of the players drafted has played a game in the NHL.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:It's funny to rank a draft when not a single one of the players drafted has played a game in the NHL.  

I don’t think scouting is funny, I think it is vital.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It's funny to rank a draft when not a single one of the players drafted has played a game in the NHL.  

I don’t think scouting is funny, I think it is vital.

I was making a conscious effort for the past little while to just ignore your posts on here because I find it's pointless to discuss anything with you because you are way too stubborn.

Today I've decided to try and be a better boss, father, husband, and person. I'm not sure if any of that means I should engage with you again, but here goes.

We all agree that scouting is vital. And scouting varies widely; it is far from an exact science, whether you're talking about advanced stats or "the eye test" or whatever.

So to pass judgement on the 2020 draft before any of the kids taken have played one second in the NHL seems absurd, and I'm not sure why that is a contentious point to make.

A lot of the people criticizing the Sens draft are the same people that thought Shane Prince was a stud, or we shouldn't have drafted Tkachuk, etc. We're all right sometimes, and we're all wrong sometimes. Let's see how the prospects taken in the 2020 draft perform in the NHL before we say a team had a Dung draft.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Well said again. The only opinion I trust is my own, and even then, I’m wrong a lot. I hated the Tkachuk pick. Hated it. That doesn’t mean I’m going to stop. I learned from it. I’m better today than yesterday.

The article isn’t saying they will be right in 5 years, they probably know they won’t be. Take it with a grain of salt. My posts too.

You will never ever catch me saying I am wrong prior to being proven wrong. I’d be pretty bad if I didn’t trust my own hard work.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Did I really just see JBD kneel during the anthems? Yes. Broadcaster was hilarious.

Diddle off JBD. I hope your ACL gets blown first shift.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Sanderson very nice first shift.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Kleven is averaging about 3 hits per shift.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 54 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 61 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum