GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

Go down  Message [Page 53 of 56]

781Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:06 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Brandon Wheat Kings beat-writer was interviewed by the Graham Nichols and Hailey Salvian on the Common Sens Podcast. Man did he ever talk up Greig. Said he's much better offensively than people are giving him credit for and says his skill, not his grit, is what's going to transfer over to the NHL. He said he's maybe not first line potential but definitely top-six and plays with an edge. Hits through people. He said he expects him to be one of the best players in the WHL this year and said maybe a goal a game guy, though I suspect he meant a point a game. Said Brandon went on an absolute tear come the end of the year -finished something like 23-5 (can't remember exactly) down the stretch.

PTFlea likes this post

782Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:32 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brandon Wheat Kings beat-writer was interviewed by the Graham Nichols and Hailey Salvian on the Common Sens Podcast. Man did he ever talk up Greig. Said he's much better offensively than people are giving him credit for and says his skill, not his grit, is what's going to transfer over to the NHL. He said he's maybe not first line potential but definitely top-six and plays with an edge. Hits through people. He said he expects him to be one of the best players in the WHL this year and said maybe a goal a game guy, though I suspect he meant a point a game. Said Brandon went on an absolute tear come the end of the year -finished something like 23-5 (can't remember exactly) down the stretch.

Nice to hear, thanks for the recap!

783Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:52 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Apologies, it was the Locked on Sens podcast. Common Sens interviewed Mann and had a good piece on Logan Brown.

As for the Greig interview, I mean he's the Garrioch of Brandon, Manitoba so take it for what it is... If you want to listen: https://www.stitcher.com/show/locked-on-senators-daily-podcast-on-the-ottawa-senators

784Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:53 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
also worth a watch: https://www.reddit.com/r/OttawaSenators/comments/jx9tkj/tim_st%C3%BCtzle_24h_draft_day_documentary_with/

785Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:55 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:Bordeleau, a pre-draft favorite of mine has just been further cementing my man crush all season.

Fine. Go win tonight’s game in OT with an elite skill play.

786Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:04 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Michigan has 6 of the top 7 scorers in the nation. Smile

Don’t worry about GP, just enjoy it.

787Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:32 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
So much for the Jr scrimmage today. COVID going thru the room.

788Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:40 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:So much for the Jr scrimmage today. COVID going thru the room.

At least we know Greig doesn't have it Smile

789Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
3rd line upside or COVID?

790Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Uncalled for.

791Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Idiot.

792Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:20 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ugh, Lagoon Facepalm

793Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:10 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Older article about our draft and I disagree with some of his opinions on players, but

https://dobberprospects.com/2020/11/21/november-31-in-31-ottawa-senators/

794Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That sounds about right, but he also changed what he said. He got shredded on hf for his initial evaluation if it's the same Ferrari - and how could it not be.

795Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:47 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Looked over it quickly. Klevin continues to be a stupid pick and moving up to get him continues to be mind boggling.

796Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:42 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:That sounds about right, but he also changed what he said.  He got shredded on hf for his initial evaluation if it's the same Ferrari - and how could it not be.

Not sure what was said by him or someone else earlier and I’m also not sure what you are agreeing with in this article.

Can you clarify what you agree with?

He basically says two things: Stutzle, Sanderson, Greig, Jarventie, Sokolov are all good players...but there were many better players to take and that is why the Sens were graded as having a C-draft when they really could’ve just slept their way to an A-draft with their embarrassment of riches and by using any other teams BPA list.

Same with me in that sense. I’ve never once said Stutzle is bad, Sanderson is bad, Greig is bad. Quite the opposite actually. They are good players. But I can name 5 players that are better...and were available before each pick was made. That is what calls our draft into question and will for years yet.

797Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:That sounds about right, but he also changed what he said.  He got shredded on hf for his initial evaluation if it's the same Ferrari - and how could it not be.

Not sure what was said by him or someone else earlier and I’m also not sure what you are agreeing with in this article.

Can you clarify what you agree with?

He basically says two things: Stutzle, Sanderson, Greig, Jarventie, Sokolov are all good players...but there were many better players to take and that is why the Sens were graded as having a C-draft when they really could’ve just slept their way to an A-draft with their embarrassment of riches and by using any other teams BPA list.

Same with me in that sense. I’ve never once said Stutzle is bad, Sanderson is bad, Greig is bad. Quite the opposite actually. They are good players. But I can name 5 players that are better...and were available before each pick was made. That is what calls our draft into question and will for years yet.

Oh, I only skimmed the article where he seemed to heap praise on Stutzle and Sanderson.

I personally don't care - especially anymore. I never wanted anyone at 3 with the exception of Byflield perhaps.

I wanted other players than Sanderson, a few actually, but since then I've read things from people I've listened to in the past that have completely and utterly changed my mind and make me think Ottawa will have one of the craziest defences in the league in a few years (if not sooner). Like - lights out good with Chabot, Sanderson, JBD, Brannstrom and Wolanin holding down 5 spots and hopefully another Dman (or 2) stepping up.

Nothing anyone says will change my mind. I told you, I listen to BondraTime on HF - a lot of people do.

798Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 53 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Looked over it quickly. Klevin continues to be a stupid pick and moving up to get him continues to be mind boggling.

I also think this is misinformed - depending on who you listen to. It's all about that right now until you can either see him with your own eyes or get more scouting on him from prospect posters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 53 of 56]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum