GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 41 ... 45  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 45]

541Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:30 pm

Lagoon


Veteran
Veteran
Lundell wearing an A today and looking great with it. One touch cross ice seam pass on the PP for the primary assist. That’s 2 for him already. Back to back shifts. He ain’t just a limited upside two-way center.

542Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:28 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Anyone know if/when the DEL starts?

543Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:29 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Also Dorion 'apparently' already has his list so these few SEL games aren't going to sway his decision.

544Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:41 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
No reason to take a goalie high given how many good goalie prospects we currently have.

545Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:51 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Also Dorion 'apparently' already has his list so these few SEL games aren't going to sway his decision.

Sounds like a smart decision to ignore a D+1 season happening before our eyes and before the actual draft for the first time in forever. More lip service from the king of it, Dorion.

Jesus, even people on here know that this view we are getting now of prospects and Ev talking about Byfield at the upcoming Juniors would be huge for our upcoming season. But here we are with Dorion saying that his list is already made and D+1 results mean nothing.

For anyone to take a single word Dorion says and believe it means anything, well I’m sorry, but give your head a shake.

This is not directed at you DefenceWC, you realize how stupid Dorion sounded if he said that and that is presumably why you quoted “apparently”

546Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:38 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Also Dorion 'apparently' already has his list so these few SEL games aren't going to sway his decision.

Sounds like a smart decision to ignore a D+1 season happening before our eyes and before the actual draft for the first time in forever. More lip service from the king of it, Dorion.

Jesus, even people on here know that this view we are getting now of prospects and Ev talking about Byfield at the upcoming Juniors would be huge for our upcoming season. But here we are with Dorion saying that his list is already made and D+1 results mean nothing.

For anyone to take a single word Dorion says and believe it means anything, well I’m sorry, but give your head a shake.

This is not directed at you DefenceWC, you realize how stupid Dorion sounded if he said that and that is presumably why you quoted “apparently”

It wasn’t what he said. He said they have their European scouts at the games being played right now, so they are obviously not ignoring these games. But they won’t sway a list all that much if you have confidence in your list already. Makes a ton of sense and something I’ve already mentioned.

547Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Lagoon wrote:Delicious. The Kings just loaned 5 of their NA prospects to the DEL. That’s in Germany for those that don’t know. Add that to their Marco Sturm German connection and their greater need for a W over a C and there is just one more reason to believe a scenario for Stutzle to get called 2nd overall.

Philip Anschultz, the Kings' owner, is of German heritage. He is part owner of a couple years in Germany as well (I assume the prospects were loaned to one of those). He probably has a little sway as well.




_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

548Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I see the Sens with two option: Stutzle and Rossi or Byfield and Raymond.

If they get Byfield at 3, what about grabbing Askarov at 5? Heard today that Nilsson still hasn't skated. And Askarov has been fantastic in the KHL.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

549Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:11 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I see the Sens with two option: Stutzle and Rossi or Byfield and Raymond.

If they get Byfield at 3, what about grabbing Askarov at 5? Heard today that Nilsson still hasn't skated. And Askarov has been fantastic in the KHL.

Perfect plan. I’d love it.

But we ain’t getting Byfield. LA doesn’t make mistakes like this recently.

550Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Went to hockeydb to check Askarov's stats and they just have 1 game in the 2019-20 season. I could have sworn I saw clips of him in the KHL *this* season making fantastic saves. Confirmed via Dobber that he's played 3 games (as of 3 days ago) and leading the league with a .974 SV%. This kid will play in the NHL before he turns 19. Might just be a game or two or who knows.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

551Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:15 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I want to read into this as a positive sign but perhaps the DEL has a higher threshold for NA players? I know in Switzerland you can only have 3 international players, the KHL is already up and running (and probably doesn't have out clauses), which leaves the Finnish and Swedish leagues whose start dates keep getting pushed back?

Lots of reasons for it. The Kings owner has a German family lineage. Robitaille sits on some German board too. Conspiracy theories abound in order for me to hope and pray for the Kings to fill by positional need instead of my BPA.

And Sweden is already playing. Raymond says hi.

wprager wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Delicious. The Kings just loaned 5 of their NA prospects to the DEL. That’s in Germany for those that don’t know. Add that to their Marco Sturm German connection and their greater need for a W over a C and there is just one more reason to believe a scenario for Stutzle to get called 2nd overall.

Philip Anschultz, the Kings' owner, is of German heritage. He is part owner of a couple years in Germany as well (I assume the prospects were loaned to one of those). He probably has a little sway as well.




Ya, I mentioned the Kings owner earlier too.

552Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:16 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Went to hockeydb to check Askarov's stats and they just have 1 game in the 2019-20 season. I could have sworn I saw clips of him in the KHL *this* season making fantastic saves. Confirmed via Dobber that he's played 3 games (as of 3 days ago) and leading the league with a .974 SV%. This kid will play in the NHL before he turns 19. Might just be a game or two or who knows.

Try checking his 2020-21 stats instead of 2019-20.

Yes, this year he has already won separate rookie and goalie awards.



Last edited by Lagoon on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

553Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I read slow.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

554Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:19 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I am slow.

555Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Lagoon wrote:

Try checking his 2020-21 stats instead of 2019-20.

Yes, this year he has already won separate rookie and goalie awards.

Like I said, hockeydb.con only shows the 2019-20 stats. Looked on the khl.ru site and they're stats page just show the total have and record (2 wins, one loss). So not sure where the guy on the Dobber site found his SV% but I have no reason to dispute it.

P.S. The KHL season started on September 2, SKA Saint Peterburg (Askarov's team) had played 9 games.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

556Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:22 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
He will go to Carolina, Edmonton, or Toronto in the 12-15 range. NJ may take him at 7 or Buffalo at 8 but both those teams need other pieces.

Car, EDM, Tor all need a goalie and can take the risk on Askarov though he may not make it to the NHL for another couple years. These teams need goalie help immediately.

Detroit is an interesting option too but they need a 1C or 1D.

557Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:23 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I would much rather Ottawa try to get Spencer Knight out of Florida tbh. You could package Gustavsson +

558Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 37 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:38 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Doing some digging into the top forwards of the draft and recognizing some things that continue to give me pause on certain players.

SOG% (Percentage of shots attempted that make in on net). All games for last calendar year.
Rossi 63.9
Byfield 61.2
Raymond 59.6
Perfetti 59.5
Holtz 57.5
Lafreniere 55.2
Stützle 54

A little verification perhaps about Stützle’s lack of creativity and inability to breakdown multiple layers.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 45]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 41 ... 45  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum