GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 39]

451Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:38 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Point and Kucherov each had 5 point nights. Kucherov is only an inch taller than Point at 5'11". Just adding to Lagoons point about size. That said I still don't think we end up with Rossi because of his size - and funny enough we all want Byfield because of his size

Lagoon likes this post

452Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:39 pm

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:It’s almost like no matter your height, you can be a really amazing 1C, as long as you are really amazing. Rossi has the amazing skill and even better, the unstoppable drive and determination.

Cool original post. It’s almost like we haven’t heard you say the same thing for months now

What about this than?

Brayden Point in his draft year was a simply dominant CHL player.
Marco Rossi in his draft year was a simply dominant CHL player.

Brayden Point in his draft year was the leading U18 scorer by 20 points.
Marco Rossi in his draft year trailed only McDavid for P/60 over the last 10 years.

Brayden Point fell to the 3rd round of the NHL draft.
Marco Rossi is waiting to be drafted.

In the 2014 draft, Brayden Point is arguably only bested by Draisaitl 3rd overall and Pastrnak 25th overall.
Marco Rossi will only be bested by Lafreniere, Byfield and Raymond when all is said and done.

Don’t care

Solid advice I’d trust. Very thorough research and scouting. Carry on with your regurgitated opinion from someone else’s work.
What am i regurgitating exactly? You act like it’s stupid for us to have Stutzle #3 when almost the whole hockey world has him 2 or 3. Also that’s an ironic statement because you repeat the same opinions of elite prospects people, almost word for word sometimes, especially about stutzle. None of us are scouts or paid to analyze players so of course people would rely on professionals for their analysis and opinion.

I said I don’t care because I don’t. These arguments have been beaten to death. I’ll talk about the draft again after the draft. We know who’s going top 3. There’s no sense talking about that.

453Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:49 pm

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hopefully ottawa can add sergachev or cirelli next year.

Lagoon likes this post

454Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:54 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
That would be nice. Would definitely be a welcome aggressive play. I give it a solid zero for chance of happening.

455Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:34 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Garrioch pretty much confirming what we all thought and what my personal rankings are: Byfield or Stutzle at 3 and Raymond or Drysdale at 5

456Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:47 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Means nothing to me. It’s an article, that’s a fact.

457Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:04 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Just read the article until he unequivocally stated that the Rangers were taking Lafreniere. I stopped right there.

458Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Just read the article until he unequivocally stated that the Rangers were taking Lafreniere. I stopped right there.

Not sure if you're joking.

Lagoon likes this post

459Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:49 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Just read the article until he unequivocally stated that the Rangers were taking Lafreniere. I stopped right there.

This doesn't even deserve a response, but obviously the Rags are taking Lafreniere.

460Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:04 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Not joking and I also never said I needed a response. That’s on you guys.

What is also on you guys is actually believing that Stutzle is a better player now and in the future over Raymond and Rossi. Own that. It won’t age well.

461Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:30 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Not joking and I also never said I needed a response. That’s on you guys.

What is also on you guys is actually believing that Stutzle is a better player now and in the future over Raymond and Rossi. Own that. It won’t age well.

"Own that"...you're a clown sometimes. I've said two things about the draft:

1) Laf will go #1

2) Stutzle and Byfield will go #2 and #3, not necessarily in that order.

I readily admit I know nothing about prospects. I don't watch junior hockey, I don't watch the German league, etc etc. I have no idea how they compare a kid playing junior in Canada to a kid playing pro hockey overseas. I don't pretend to have it all figured out like you. The way you present your opinions is condescending and the repetition has become irritating. And then to insinuate that Laf won't go #1 is just plain dumb.

Lagoon likes this post

462Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:46 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:It’s almost like no matter your height, you can be a really amazing 1C, as long as you are really amazing. Rossi has the amazing skill and even better, the unstoppable drive and determination.

Cool original post. It’s almost like we haven’t heard you say the same thing for months now

What about this than?

Brayden Point in his draft year was a simply dominant CHL player.
Marco Rossi in his draft year was a simply dominant CHL player.

Brayden Point in his draft year was the leading U18 scorer by 20 points.
Marco Rossi in his draft year trailed only McDavid for P/60 over the last 10 years.

Brayden Point fell to the 3rd round of the NHL draft.
Marco Rossi is waiting to be drafted.

In the 2014 draft, Brayden Point is arguably only bested by Draisaitl 3rd overall and Pastrnak 25th overall.
Marco Rossi will only be bested by Lafreniere, Byfield and Raymond when all is said and done.

Don’t care

Solid advice I’d trust. Very thorough research and scouting. Carry on with your regurgitated opinion from someone else’s work.
What am i regurgitating exactly? You act like it’s stupid for us to have Stutzle #3 when almost the whole hockey world has him 2 or 3. Also that’s an ironic statement because you repeat the same opinions of elite prospects people, almost word for word sometimes, especially about stutzle. None of us are scouts or paid to analyze players so of course people would rely on professionals for their analysis and opinion.

I said I don’t care because I don’t. These arguments have been beaten to death. I’ll talk about the draft again after the draft. We know who’s going top 3. There’s no sense talking about that.

Show me an article published before my post on here about Stützle’s game. If you can find one, you may find an interesting correlation other than it being a detailed and future proven accurate breakdown of his game.

The sense of talking about it is the whole purpose of a hockey forum.

463Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:47 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Not joking and I also never said I needed a response. That’s on you guys.

What is also on you guys is actually believing that Stutzle is a better player now and in the future over Raymond and Rossi. Own that. It won’t age well.

"Own that"...you're a clown sometimes.  I've said two things about the draft:

1) Laf will go #1

2) Stutzle and Byfield will go #2 and #3, not necessarily in that order.

I readily admit I know nothing about prospects.  I don't watch junior hockey, I don't watch the German league, etc etc.  I have no idea how they compare a kid playing junior in Canada to a kid playing pro hockey overseas.  I don't pretend to have it all figured out like you.  The way you present your opinions is condescending and the repetition has become irritating.  And then to insinuate that Laf won't go #1 is just plain dumb.

Good stuff.

464Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:52 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Point and Kucherov each had 5 point nights. Kucherov is only an inch taller than Point at 5'11". Just adding to Lagoons point about size. That said I still don't think we end up with Rossi because of his size - and funny enough we all want Byfield because of his size

I want Byfield because of his skill, not his size. That is what makes him so intriguing and a unicorn. I’m just happy he isn’t lazy like most bigger players his age that  rely at too early of an age on their size and don’t work on the finer points of the game like a smaller player has too in order to get noticed. It’s the reason small players generally have higher game IQ and hockey sense. They work for everything because they have too. Rossi is an animal in this sense.

465Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:35 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Michkov is unreal. He’s dominating this game. 15 years old.

466Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:05 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Anyone watch Michkov today?

467Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:12 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Raymond definitely worked on his shot this summer like he said he would. Check. #3

Shot volume is also a big thing for me when I’m trying to determine their potential.

468Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 31 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Anyone watch Michkov today?

I can answer for everyone on this site: no.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum