GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 39]

271Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:04 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:There were a couple times where we missed out on talent. Ex White over Boeser and Konecny, Pinto over Robertson, etc. All in all they've done well. But Dorion needs to draft a game-changer, not someone who is going to turn into a third-line NHLer

Every team misses on talent however. No draft is ever perfect 5-7 years later. You will see that for this year in 2025.

But you are right. If I wanted to ignore all Stützle’s flaws and just bang the drum on his skating and pace, I could make him sound like a legit 2nd overall. But that’s not the game. He’s got flaws. They are very visible and they are not easy to correct for him. Ignoring them and not recognizing the package that Raymond and Rossi bring, is to me, a recipe for baking bread without yeast. Stutzle won’t rise to the talent that is already baked into Raymond and Rossi.

You do you Ottawa, lord knows you are nailing everything lately.

You're acting like Ottawa picking Stutzle would be a reach and no other team would do it, yet we know that the vast majority of NHL teams will have him top 3. Do you think they don't know the exact same "flaws" as you do? You and a few other internet "scouts" are acting like they know something that other professionals don't, and frankly IMO it's just being contrarian and trying to profit off hot takes (not you, Lagoon). The majority of people see the guy as a legit top 3 pick and some even think he can challenge for 1st overall. Comparing him to Rossi at this point is ridiculous. He's in a completely different tier in terms of talent.

272Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:05 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:There were a couple times where we missed out on talent. Ex White over Boeser and Konecny, Pinto over Robertson, etc. All in all they've done well. But Dorion needs to draft a game-changer, not someone who is going to turn into a third-line NHLer

Neither Pinto or Robertson have proven anything but Pinto looks like an excellent pick in the mould of a Toews type of player

273Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:08 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
2011 NHL Entry Draft. I remember when the Jets took Shiefele at #7. It was a huge reach at the time and the analysts were boggled by it. He was ranked as a mid-to-late 1st rd pick. First draft in Jets history. To date, he's scored more points than every other first rd pick from that draft class with the exception of Landeskog who has 16 more points in 100+ more games played.

All this to say there are scouts out there that recognize talent and aren't afraid to go against the grain. There are also scouts who stay on the board and strike out. (Duncan Siemens went 11th, Mark McNeill went 18th, Tyler Biggs went 22, Stuart Percy, Nicklas Jensen, Matt Puempel, etc).

Then there are always the surprises that no one sees coming. Boone Jenner went 37th, Brandon Saad 43rd, Kucherov 58th, Trochek 64th, Pageau 96th, Palat 208th.

274Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:08 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
All this to say, there are always players that are going to be missed.

275Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
i'm looking at Kaliyev and Bobby Brink as not taken by the org last year while many knowledgeable sens fans like me were screaming to take him.
History will show us but so far those two other prospects look fairly good.

276Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:35 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:i'm looking at Kaliyev and Bobby Brink as not taken by the org last year while many knowledgeable sens fans like me were screaming to take him.
History will show us but so far those two other prospects look fairly good.

I don't see your point. The player they picked also looks very good. Pinto was superior to both on the same playing field at the WJC and it wasn't really close. We won't know for years who will be the better NHLer, if any make it. Pinto's development curve is very impressive and his value has shot up this year. That being said it would be the opposite this year. If Laf and Byfield go 1-2, the fans would be screaming for Stutzle.

And no offense but I wouldn't say any of us are very knowledgeable when it comes to the lesser known prospects. I don't think anyone knew anything about Pinto before the draft. Kalyiev was just a known name because he did well in the OHL.

277Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:59 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Working a wormhole of all social media accounts for the top 100+.

Rossi has insane core stability. https://twitter.com/marcorossi2383

278Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:58 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Quick 1st Overall Mock

MIN - Byfield
WIN - Byfield
NYR - Lafreniere, although Byfield wouldn’t surprise me.
NAS - Byfield
FLA - Lafreniere
EDM - Lafreniere
PIT - Lafreniere

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

279Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:03 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
New Jersey also has 3 1st rounders now as well. Good for them.

280Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:41 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Amirov was amazing in Sochi. Constantly disrupting the play, fearless forechecking, breaking up and creating neutral zone entries. 7 points in 4 games proving he is more than just a defensive forward. I’d like to see him drop to us for the Isles pick too.

281Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:42 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Quick 1st Overall Mock

MIN - Byfield
WIN - Byfield
NYR - Lafreniere, although Byfield wouldn’t surprise me.
NAS - Byfield
FLA - Lafreniere
EDM - Lafreniere
PIT - Lafreniere

Pretty sure you're out to lunch here.

282Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Unfortunately, only one team will get prove if I am or not.

283Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:Unfortunately, only one team will get prove if I am or not.

I will bet you 100 dollars that laf goes 1st ov.

284Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:10 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:

Why would I do that right now when I’ve also picked him to go first for 4 of the 7 teams? Wait until Monday, give me 2 to 1 odds and I will probably do it for Nashville and Minnesota.

It’s just a mock.

285Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Why would I do that right now when I’ve also picked him to go first for 4 of the 7 teams? Wait until Monday, give me 2 to 1 odds and I will probably do it for Nashville and Minnesota.

It’s just a mock.

I'd be happy to. Even if I have to pay out 200 bucks, my team wins the lottery by accident.

286Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:09 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

It’s just a mock.

I'd be happy to.  Even if I have to pay out 200 bucks, my team wins the lottery by accident.

Confusing times right now on this site. Why would your team “win” the lottery? Who is your team? Very confused. Ottawa drafts 3rd, so I’m missing something in your post for sure.

287Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

It’s just a mock.

I'd be happy to.  Even if I have to pay out 200 bucks, my team wins the lottery by accident.

Confusing times right now on this site. Why would your team “win” the lottery? Who is your team? Very confused. Ottawa drafts 3rd, so I’m missing something in your post for sure.

Oops, that's quite true. It was me who got confused, I forgot we had 3rd. I'd still make that bet though, I cant see any team not drafting laf with 1 ov

288Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Florida is the big winner tonight in my opinion. They will get that 1st overall to perfectly transition to Quebec City in 2023

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum