GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Murray comes in and Dung the bed, why would he be protected? Seattle wouldn't take him.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:If Murray comes in and Dung the bed, why would he be protected?  Seattle wouldn't take him.  

Very true as well.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Six Stars players and 2 staff with positive tests. NHL will revise the schedule and Dallas won't play until at least the 19th.

Not a great start.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Six Stars players and 2 staff with positive tests. NHL will revise the schedule and Dallas won't play until at least the 19th.

Not a great start.

Diddle...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, that sucks. It was a little easier for the NFL to manage with just one game per team per week, and then bye weeks where things could be rescheduled.

Without the players and staff effectively quarantining themselves for the whole season (and that would be crazy anyway), this is going to happen, repeatedly and often. I assume they will have contingency plans in place to reschedule games and extend the duration of the regular season when necessary.

We're at the absolute peak of the pandemic and it's not slowing down anytime soon.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Michigan just finished pumping M State. Power finally looked dominant for the first time all year.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’d like to see how the Isles handle their Mitch Marner situation they have with Barzal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They just did.

Barzal is extended, and the Sens are not on the list of 7 teams PLD had in mind. So that's over.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The one thing we have now that we didn't 9 months ago is not one, but two approved vaccines. How long before Pfizer and Moderns license production to private companies, at which point the NHL owners can just skip the line and offer vaccinations and part of the STH package?

Interestingly, Dallas was going to go with 30% attendance at their games - the highest among those teams that were planning on having fans. Oops.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Barzal extension is $4-$7-$10. AAV of $7 but that $10M when he turns RFA, whoa!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:They just did.

Barzal is extended, and the Sens are not on the list of 7 teams PLD had in mind. So that's over.

What an idiot. We are one of the best teams in the league in 2 years and have never made a bad decision ever.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Huh? He’s not a free agent and has no say in any decision

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

It was reported in The Athletic. I don't subscribe so I didn't see it firsthand.

As for having a say, he sighed a 2 year contact which makes him much easier to move if necessary. Could very well be that he signed it with a limited NTC.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Corey Crawford announces his retirement.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

His contract was 35+ and he had 2 years left @ $3.9M. Mackenzie Blackwood is now it.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

Why so negative? Just roll with the positives that the Sens already have every piece they need. This way you can also blissfully ignore that wprager was trying to pass off an article that was just Lebrun giving his personal 7 best destinations for PLD with no basis in actual contract rights, negotiating rights or fact.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fantastic signing by the Isles. Still an RFA at the end. Perfect.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Rumours about him wanting a big stage is very disconcerting to a lot of teams - us especially.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum