GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 44 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yupp. There it is. Hes 29 and signed until hes 34.

Love what Vegas and Toronto have done this offseason. Montreal too, though the Anderson contract is a bit rich for my blood. Colorado looking good too

Toronto looks basically the same on paper. They were going all in on pietewngelo and failed.

They didn't extend Ceci. Addition by subtraction. Hell, multiplication by subtraction!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yupp. There it is. Hes 29 and signed until hes 34.

Love what Vegas and Toronto have done this offseason. Montreal too, though the Anderson contract is a bit rich for my blood. Colorado looking good too

Toronto looks basically the same on paper. They were going all in on pietewngelo and failed.

Brodie and Bogo > Barrie and Ceci. Simmonds a nice add too

I thought Simmonds looked done last year and he's another year older. Spezza, too.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hell, JT is not a soring chicken, either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Very happy for Brendan Gallagher. Also very happy as a fan of a Division rival. That is a boat anchor.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I think Toronto and Montreal have both done just enough to be "good" in the short-term, while ensuring they won't be winning a Cup for the next 10 years at least.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Brodie and Bogo > Barrie and Ceci. Simmonds a nice add too

I thought Simmonds looked done last year and he's another year older. Spezza, too.

Good observation. He’s been very banged up with multiple injuries to multiple parts. Him and Backes are both done for similar differing reasons. Simmonds doesn’t scare me with TO at all.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He's a 4th liner at this point. Lucky to get another one-year deal. Hard to have a long career when you play that style of hockey. I hear Toronto is thinking about adding Thornton, too. Going to be a polarizing team to play against - and not in a good way

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Rangers gliding towards cap hell soon. Deangelo signs for 2 years. Gonna coincide within a year or 2 of Fox, Zibanejad, Lafreniere, Kappo, Buchnevich.

All the while having almost 27 million tied up in Trouba, Kreider and Panarin. Gonna get tight to say the least.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wish we had the Rangers problems!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I wish we had the Rangers problems!

Oh, we will. All teams that have great young prospects run into this eventually.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thorton to the leafs...
Spezza and Thorton on a line. At this point, Dubas is just throwing Dung at the wall and hopes it sticks.
it's more likely to stink.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cant hurt for 700k though...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I dunno. Spezza and Thornton are well past their primes. Surprised they didn't try to sign Marleau too. He was a good fit In Toronto

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I dunno. Spezza and Thornton are well past their primes. Surprised they didn't try to sign Marleau too. He was a good fit In Toronto
Dubas is building a team like he's playing NHL2010

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lol. Simmonds Spezza Thornton half of the bottom six. Add in Boyd and vesey too. Mikheyev or Robertson the other forward

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Hell, JT is not a soring chicken, either.

I guess he's JT-jr, now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Are they trying to be the oldest team or just trying to get the Hockey Gods to show them since sympathy with lots of deserving vets on their last gasp effort at a Cup?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Montreal has improved significantly (but it's going to hurt down the road). Ottawa is (IMO) much better than last year. Florida is tearing things down. Boston is in serious trouble. Tampa will have a Cup hangover, will have their captain recovering from core surgery, have lost players (UFA, waivers) as will likely lose some others (cap crunch). Buffalo is, well, Buffalo; they are great on paper but I think they have an issue with the core. I guess we'll see. Detroit will not improve significantly.

All in all, I think the Atlantic is up for grabs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 44 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum