GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 55 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
https://financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/the-master-plan-biotech-player-turned-ottawa-senators-owner-eugene-melnyk-faces-off-against-covid-19

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:At what point does the guy just cut his losses and sell? Even if his valuation is $500M and he only  gets $450M, his salary savings make up most of the difference. The arena is nearing it's end of life expectancy and Lebreton (if it happens) is almost a decade away. Just sell and gtfo of ottawa

My buddy compared Melnyk to Trump the other day and I thought it was an apt comparison.  A total wannabe big-shot with delusions of grandeur.  An egomaniac who just wants the attention and cache that comes with the perceived power they have in their roles.  If the rumours are true and Melynk is AGAIN seeking more loans...yikes.  I don't think the valuations of the Senators ($600M or whatever they happen to be) take into account the mountains of debt drawn against the team, which is also in the hundreds of millions.

You just know that Bettman would love to be rid of Melnyk and the distractions he constantly causes...but I'm not sure what the market is for a Dung NHL franchise with mountains of debt in the middle of a pandemic.  People are not lining up to buy the Sens, and when they do, I'm sure Melnyk is an absolute nightmare to deal with. Basically, we need the Sens to start missing payments to staff/players/creditors/whoever, and then hopefully the league can seize control and sell.  

I support trading for 100 more Josh Brown’s if it leads to Melnyk leaving sooner.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:https://financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/the-master-plan-biotech-player-turned-ottawa-senators-owner-eugene-melnyk-faces-off-against-covid-19

I feel so...dirty...after reading that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Solid deal for Nick Paul getting 1.35 M for 2 years

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:https://financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/the-master-plan-biotech-player-turned-ottawa-senators-owner-eugene-melnyk-faces-off-against-covid-19

I feel so...dirty...after reading that.  

Yea it reads creepy to me, too

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I see Paul playing with Brown and Batherson. Try to re-create the Belleville chemistry. Norris platooned between Tkachuk and White, while Stutzle plays with more experienced players in Tierney and C.Brown. There's your top-nine IMO. Formenton/Chlapik/Balcers/Abramov fighting with Anisimov for the final two spots alongside Austin Watson on L4.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Solid deal for Nick Paul getting 1.35 M for 2 years

Good for Nick Paul I guess....Now how about we sign Stueztle to his ELC?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:

Good for Nick Paul I guess....Now how about we sign Stueztle to his ELC?

ya, that too

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Love the Nick Paul signing. Really stepped up last year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah. i like it also.
guy hasn't been given as much of a shot under other coaches that he should have gotten. 
solid 3rd-4th liner that can move up or down the line-up.

Ev likes this post

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Great Paul deal for both sides.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Imagine trading Pageau and a 2nd for Greig and Kleven. Not looking so good anymore is it?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:Imagine trading Pageau and a 2nd for Greig and Kleven. Not looking so good anymore is it?

We'll see in a few years. I feel that's obvious

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Imagine trading Pageau and a 2nd for Greig and Kleven. Not looking so good anymore is it?

Greig might wind up as a player of similar value to Pageau. 
both are/will be hard to play against players with (likely) a scoring touch.

it's Kleven I'm not too enamored with.

Besides, Pageau wasn't resigning here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'm not worried Greig:
https://youtu.be/4VWumYd7HAo

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:

We'll see in a few years.  I feel that's obvious

PTFlea wrote:

You are really going all-in on this well advertised plan by the Sens to be good in the year 2029.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:

Besides, Pageau wasn't resigning here.

And why is that? Why does every even semi-decent player close to being a UFA not want to sign here? Retaining talent seems essential to success to me.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

PTFlea wrote:

You are really going all-in on this well advertised plan by the Sens to be good in the year 2029.

They'll be back in the playoffs in 2-3 years, but not competing for a cup any time soon. And that's assuming another year of tanking, huge leaps in prospect development, good scouting, and the ability to retain talent. I have my doubts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 55 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum