GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:It’s laughable because it is typical Ottawa. They bring it on themselves. Nothing good for them will ever happen with Melnyk at the helm. Might as well get your Stutzle jersey ordered.
Yes because the randomness of where a draft pick will land is really Ottawa bringing it upon themselves. You know what was really funny? The Karlsson pick becoming 3rd overall.

Maybe I will get a stutzle jersey if we pick him. He will be an instant fan favourite

tim1_2 likes this post

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
https://www.tsn.ca/agent-ottawa-senators-d-mark-borowiecki-set-to-test-free-agency-1.1522088

not really a certainty but seems to be heading that way.

I don't lean in any one direction when it comes to Boro.
on one hand, the hits will come from Jaros but on another great team guy. not irreplaceable by any stretch. i hope he doesn't wind up in our division though.

what i'd really like to know is what happened from "boro will be a sens for life" to this.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
just for fun. what's Boro's next contract number?
I think on a competitive open market he could have gotten maybe 3x3 tops for a team that is desperate for that grit.
with this salary cap covid effect i'll be surprised if he gets for than 2x2.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:just for fun. what's Boro's next contract number?
I think on a competitive open market he could have gotten maybe 3x3 tops for a team that is desperate for that grit.
with this salary cap covid effect i'll be surprised if he gets for than 2x2.

A couple weeks ago someone here said 1 something. I replied with no chance and that my opinion was 2.2 or 2.25.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I said 3 x 3. Someone signs him and exposes him to Seattle.

My guess is Montreal, Washington, NYR

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't see any way his next contract is over $2.25M. Maybe $2M x 3 somewhere.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Why would anyone sign him for 3 years? Especially during COVID.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
He's not a bad player and $3M isn't all that much anymore. That said maybe 3 years is a little too long but the price tag won't be that far off

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He's not a bad player and $3M isn't all that much anymore. That said maybe 3 years is a little too long but the price tag won't be that far off

A lot of teams will be cutting salary...they aren’t going to waste it in Boro when they can plug in somebody for 900k. He won’t have a plethora of suitors

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
A co-worker in Germany just sent me this https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2018495/report-nhl-helps-senators-coaches-recoup-pay-after-teams-major-cuts

Does he honestly think we are surprised by this? We haven’t signed a quality UFA for years and haven’t even re-signed one since MelnykOut. Because you guys like when I repeat things, we aren’t signing anyone that has actual NHL talent or another suitor. If we want outside help, we’ve got a shot with Jeff Halpern, SvenB, Jarrod Maidens, a Leipsec, maybe even Maxim Afinogenov.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:A co-worker in Germany just sent me this https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2018495/report-nhl-helps-senators-coaches-recoup-pay-after-teams-major-cuts

Does he honestly think we are surprised by this? We haven’t signed a quality UFA for years and haven’t even re-signed one since MelnykOut. Because you guys like when I repeat things, we aren’t signing anyone that has actual NHL talent or another suitor. If we want outside help, we’ve got a shot with Jeff Halpern, SvenB, Jarrod Maidens, a Leipsec, maybe even Maxim Afinogenov.

i'm glad to see Melnyk is off to his old tricks again. and for a second i thought we were gonna let some other team beat us to the next idiotic news.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:A co-worker in Germany just sent me this https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2018495/report-nhl-helps-senators-coaches-recoup-pay-after-teams-major-cuts

i'm glad to see Melnyk is off to his old tricks again. and for a second i thought we were gonna let some other team beat us to the next idiotic news.

Did you actually read the TSN article? Lots of teams affected here. The only difference is the sens had 50% paycuts. Even Pittsburgh cut salary all the way until November at least

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Did you actually read the TSN article? Lots of teams affected here.  The only difference is the sens had 50% paycuts. Even Pittsburgh cut salary all the way until November at least

Yes I did. And that’s what I’m saying. We’re the cheapest of the cheap. Great message to put out there. We’ve got a nickel and dime owner. Exciting stuff for everyone to look forward in this org. We’re gonna keep loosing players till he’s gone.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Did you actually read the TSN article? Lots of teams affected here.  The only difference is the sens had 50% paycuts. Even Pittsburgh cut salary all the way until November at least

Yes I did. And that’s what I’m saying. We’re the cheapest of the cheap. Great message to put out there. We’ve got a nickel and dime owner. Exciting stuff for everyone to look forward in this org. We’re gonna keep loosing players till he’s gone.

We have no good players left to lose for a long time. By then we will have a new owner. I guarantee it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

We have no good players left to lose for a long time. By then we will have a new owner. I guarantee it.

I really hope so but we were singing the same song and face about him selling pretty much 4 years ago and we are not any closer.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I really hope so but we were singing the same song and face about him selling pretty much 4 years ago and we are not any closer.

He just has to lower his price. The pandemic is a good thing in this case....

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

You’ve been a proponent of Nilsson. What do you suggest we do with our goalie position when he walks after next year? Do we just forget about goalies and sign the Hutchinson’s of the game? 40 year old Mike Smith will want one last contract too.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

You’ve been a proponent of Nilsson. What do you suggest we do with our goalie position when he walks after next year? Do we just forget about goalies and sign the Hutchinson’s of the game? 40 year old Mike Smith will want one last contract too.

Nilsson is a stop gap. Goalie is the easiest position to fill. There will be lots of available starting this off-season. I expect the sens to trade for one within two years unless a prospect unexpectedly emerges as an nhl stud

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum