GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I think Freddy Andersen makes a lot of sense.

pass. Matt Murray makes more sense if we're going for a goaltender then we have a cheap one we can send them back.
Nilsson + a 2nd rounder would be my offer. maybe a B level prospect.

Murray would be fine but he is due for a new contract - so is Andersen but he only costs $1 million in actual salary next year. Andersen is much better, too.

Seems like the perfect Sens trade IMO. And seems like a good trade for the Leafs who are hard against the cap.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Hey Dorion you imbecile, give Pittsburgh whatever they want for McCann. Use some of your picks, because it is nonsensical to use them all.

Meh player

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I've been following McCann for a long time as he's on my pool team. Definitely meh.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I think Freddy Andersen makes a lot of sense.

pass. Matt Murray makes more sense if we're going for a goaltender then we have a cheap one we can send them back.
Nilsson + a 2nd rounder would be my offer. maybe a B level prospect.

Murray would be fine but he is due for a new contract - so is Andersen but he only costs $1 million in actual salary next year. Andersen is much better, too.

Seems like the perfect Sens trade IMO. And seems like a good trade for the Leafs who are hard against the cap.

They'd probably trade him for like a 5th or something and go out and sign Khudobin to a $4-5M contract. Seems like the Toronto way to do things.

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Say the Sens pick up cap-friendly Andersen and trade for Ehlers (Isles 1st, 2 2nds, Abramov). They also turn around and sign Hainsey for another year. Draft rolls around and they pick up NHL ready Stutzle and speedy winger Raymond who becomes the best winger in the system but probably isn't NHL ready. Ottawa tries to spread out youth with vets and roll 4 lines.

Tkachuk-L.Brown-Duclair
Ehlers-Stutzle-White
C. Brown-Tierney-Batherson
Formenton-Anisimov-Ryan
Extra: Hawrlyuk

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brann-Hainsey
Wolanin-Zub
Extra: Reilly

Andersen
Hogberg

Does this team push for a playoff spot?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

He’s a meh fantasy player but not a meh real life player.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Say the Sens pick up cap-friendly Andersen and trade for Ehlers (Isles 1st, 2 2nds, Abramov). They also turn around and sign Hainsey for another year. Draft rolls around and they pick up NHL ready Stutzle and speedy winger Raymond who becomes the best winger in the system but probably isn't NHL ready. Ottawa tries to spread out youth with vets and roll 4 lines.

Tkachuk-L.Brown-Duclair
Ehlers-Stutzle-White
Formenton-Anisimov-Ryan

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brann-Hainsey
Wolanin-Zub

Andersen
Hogberg

Not close to a playoff spot IMO. Logan Brown is not a proven NHL player. Duclair is a crapshoot. Stutzle will be meh in his first year. White is a third line at best player. Chabot is the only top-4 defenseman on our roster. I don't have much confidence in Freddy Andersen to steal many games for us.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Say the Sens pick up cap-friendly Andersen and trade for Ehlers (Isles 1st, 2 2nds, Abramov). They also turn around and sign Hainsey for another year. Draft rolls around and they pick up NHL ready Stutzle and speedy winger Raymond who becomes the best winger in the system but probably isn't NHL ready. Ottawa tries to spread out youth with vets and roll 4 lines.

Tkachuk-L.Brown-Duclair
Ehlers-Stutzle-White
Formenton-Anisimov-Ryan

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brann-Hainsey
Wolanin-Zub

Andersen
Hogberg

Not close to a playoff spot IMO.  Logan Brown is not a proven NHL player.  Duclair is a crapshoot.  Stutzle will be meh in his first year.  White is a third line at best player.  Chabot is the only top-4 defenseman on our roster.  I don't have much confidence in Freddy Andersen to steal many games for us.

i think White is a third liner at worst. last year was the lowest point in my opinion. he's du to rebound IMO. if and if we have stutzle and if he plays with the sens i dont see him playing C right away. he could be playing with white. a guy like white benefits from having skilled wingers.

no F'n way Brown is a number 1C. if he plays in the NHL he'll be on the third line and he might even be traded by the start of the season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston: Krug says he wants to get paid and not take a 1 year wait-and-see deal; good chance he'll sign somewhere else. Chara wants to return; he'll be 44 before the season is over. Three of their star forwards aren't getting any younger.

Buffalo: as mentioned earlier, they have 3 forwards signed, so impossible to tell where they will be; however recent history indicates they are still a tire fire as long as Eichell continues to be Eichell.

Detroit: They were bad and then they lost the lottery. They will continue to be bad.

Florida: see Buffalo; every year everyone says they are a team on the cusp and every year I scratch my head. I don't get the love, but I am not surprised at the lack of any success.

Montreal: their rookie forwards showed great promise but their D and G are not getting younger and there's a little trouble brewing with Domi.

Tampa: 15 players on the roster with a little over $5M in cap space to fill that out to 21. That's pretty much 6 league-minimum players. And will Stamkos be able to play at all? Even with all that they should still have enough to lead the Division.

Toronto: they still don't have good D, a goalie the team can trust, or a decent coach. They are not as bad off as the Bolts (16 players with more than $7M in cap space) but that's still very bad. Will they miss the playoffs? I don't see how, but they've always been able to surprise me.

I think the Sens have a legitimate chance of getting into the playoffs. It will take a tremendous amount of luck and progress but it's a distinct possibility.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Boston: Krug says he wants to get paid and not take a 1 year wait-and-see deal; good chance he'll sign somewhere else.  Chara wants to return; he'll be 44 before the season is over.  Three of their star forwards aren't getting any younger.

Buffalo: as mentioned earlier, they have 3 forwards signed, so impossible to tell where they will be; however recent history indicates they are still a tire fire as long as Eichell continues to be Eichell.  

Detroit: They were bad and then they lost the lottery.  They will continue to be bad.

Florida: see Buffalo; every year everyone says they are a team on the cusp and every year I scratch my head. I don't get the love, but I am not surprised at the lack of any success.

Montreal: their rookie forwards showed great promise but their D and G are not getting younger and there's a little trouble brewing with Domi.

Tampa: 15 players on the roster with a little over $5M in cap space to fill that out to 21.  That's pretty much 6 league-minimum players.  And will Stamkos be able to play at all?  Even with all that they should still have enough to lead the Division.

Toronto: they still don't have good D, a goalie the team can trust, or a decent coach. They are not as bad off as the Bolts (16 players with more than $7M in cap space) but that's still very bad.  Will they miss the playoffs? I don't see how, but they've always been able to surprise me.

I think the Sens have a legitimate chance of getting into the playoffs.  It will take a tremendous amount of luck and progress but it's a distinct possibility.

Yes, it will indeed take "a tremendous amount of luck and progress", and is absolutely not a "distinct possibility". Your statements conflict with each other.

The only team we are better than in our division is Detroit. Boston, Florida, Tampa, and Toronto are all substantially better, and Montreal looks like they'll be better too. Who knows with Buffalo.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Gimme some Josh Anderson. Give Columbus their 2nd back for his RFA rights.

Leave now Melnyk so we can take advantage of these tumultuous times for some teams.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Boston: Krug says he wants to get paid and not take a 1 year wait-and-see deal; good chance he'll sign somewhere else.  Chara wants to return; he'll be 44 before the season is over.  Three of their star forwards aren't getting any younger.

Detroit: They were bad and then they lost the lottery.  They will continue to be bad.

Tampa: 15 players on the roster with a little over $5M in cap space to fill that out to 21.  That's pretty much 6 league-minimum players.  And will Stamkos be able to play at all?  Even with all that they should still have enough to lead the Division.

Toronto: they still don't have good D, a goalie the team can trust, or a decent coach. They are not as bad off as the Bolts (16 players with more than $7M in cap space) but that's still very bad.  Will they miss the playoffs? I don't see how, but they've always been able to surprise me.

I think the Sens have a legitimate chance of getting into the playoffs.  It will take a tremendous amount of luck and progress but it's a distinct possibility.

Yes, it will indeed take "a tremendous amount of luck and progress", and is absolutely not a "distinct possibility".  Your statements conflict with each other.

The only team we are better than in our division is Detroit.  Boston, Florida, Tampa, and Toronto are all substantially better, and Montreal looks like they'll be better too.  Who knows with Buffalo.

Maybe I meant "distant" Smile

Come on, let me have some fun. It's been nearly six months since the last Sens game.

That said, I vehemently disagree that we are 7th in the Atlantic.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hilarious. Basically the Isles 1st and the 3 extra 2nd rounders we got from Columbus, Dallas and NYI, have become as bad as possible.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Hilarious. Basically the Isles 1st and the 3 extra 2nd rounders we got from Columbus, Dallas and NYI, have become as bad as possible.
I don’t see how that’s funny

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

It’s laughable because it is typical Ottawa. They bring it on themselves. Nothing good for them will ever happen with Melnyk at the helm. Might as well get your Stutzle jersey ordered.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:It’s laughable because it is typical Ottawa. They bring it on themselves. Nothing good for them will ever happen with Melnyk at the helm. Might as well get your Stutzle jersey ordered.
Yes because the randomness of where a draft pick will land is really Ottawa bringing it upon themselves. You know what was really funny? The Karlsson pick becoming 3rd overall.

Maybe I will get a stutzle jersey if we pick him. He will be an instant fan favourite

tim1_2 likes this post

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

https://www.tsn.ca/agent-ottawa-senators-d-mark-borowiecki-set-to-test-free-agency-1.1522088

not really a certainty but seems to be heading that way.

I don't lean in any one direction when it comes to Boro.
on one hand, the hits will come from Jaros but on another great team guy. not irreplaceable by any stretch. i hope he doesn't wind up in our division though.

what i'd really like to know is what happened from "boro will be a sens for life" to this.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

just for fun. what's Boro's next contract number?
I think on a competitive open market he could have gotten maybe 3x3 tops for a team that is desperate for that grit.
with this salary cap covid effect i'll be surprised if he gets for than 2x2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum