GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Graeme Nichols:

Tom Hoof has been hired as the Ottawa Senators' new VP of Marketing. He had previously held the title of 'VP of Marketing & Game Entertainment' for the Arizona Coyotes for three years. Obviously he has the connection to Anthony LeBlanc from their time together in the desert.

The Ottawa Senators have also poached Jeff Morander from the Arizona Coyotes to be their 'Exec VP of Ticketing Sales and Service'. He worked with the Coyotes as their 'Exec VP of Ticket Sales and Strategy' for almost seven years.

i'd like to know how those ticket sales did... Facepalm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Maybe these guys were good and there were management issues there ?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The fact that anyone went to a hockey game in Arizona is a win. These guys are better than the nothing they're replacing

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Sens recent hires are just more of the same friends hiring friends BS that has gone on there for ages now. Nothing is improving until Eugene gets the Diddle out.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That happens on every team. It’s a matter of who you know. At least it’s clear these hires have no previous connection to Melnyk

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:That happens on every team. It’s a matter of who you know. At least it’s clear these hires have no previous connection to Melnyk

Nope, just a connection to maybe the least desirable hockey franchise.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

For you Tim:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/866991-nhl-power-rankings-ranking-the-current-nhl-arenas-in-terms-of-fan-atmosphere.amp.html

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That's rather dated, though.

I miss Lyndon Sad

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

dated yes. and i guess it could have been prior to these guys working for the yotes?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:For you Tim:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/866991-nhl-power-rankings-ranking-the-current-nhl-arenas-in-terms-of-fan-atmosphere.amp.html

That list is terribly broken. How is Toronto at #2, and Nashville is at #13? Nope.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like the Sens and Boro may be parting ways. Tim - who you gonna change your avatar too?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds like the Sens and Boro may be parting ways. Tim - who you gonna change your avatar too?

Are you basing that on Don Brennan's article?  His "source" is the fact that Boro changed his Instagram profile from "Senators defenceman" to "NHL player".  Laughing3

Even if they don't resign Boro, I don't see that having a big impact on the on-ice product. What...we're going to be worse?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boro won't be back, but it doesn't really matter. I never minded him on the ice, but it's pretty funny that he was a whipping boy for years yet all of a sudden people are so sad at the thought of him leaving. We have a lot of D options and free agency to come.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No matter what, our defense will be awful next year. I pity the goalies.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Boro won't be back, but it doesn't really matter. I never minded him on the ice, but it's pretty funny that he was a whipping boy for years yet all of a sudden people are so sad at the thought of him leaving. We have a lot of D options and free agency to come.  

I think those two groups are different groups of fans. The ones that whipped Boro are still not caring. The ones that recognized the value of Boro’s play and his contract are the ones that are sad now. Just another example of the someone jumping ship and not willing to keep playing for Melnyk when they have a chance to go elsewhere.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Boro won't be back, but it doesn't really matter. I never minded him on the ice, but it's pretty funny that he was a whipping boy for years yet all of a sudden people are so sad at the thought of him leaving. We have a lot of D options and free agency to come.  

I think those two groups are different groups of fans. The ones that whipped Boro are still not caring. The ones that recognized the value of Boro’s play and his contract are the ones that are sad now. Just another example of the someone jumping ship and not willing to keep playing for Melnyk when they have a chance to go elsewhere.

They aren't two different groups. The same people who hated Boro for years (and attacked him and Ceci) have a done a complete 180 because of his social views. It's very strange. Many other players were great dudes, like Zack Smith, yet they didn't care when he was moved.

Personally, I didn't whip Boro - I thought he was a legit bottom pair and wasn't an AHL D as some proclaimed, but I won't care much if he's not retained. It doesn't matter much who the 6th-7th D is. Like Jaros can fill in just the same.

Also from what I understand this would be the team moving on from him, not Boro jumping ship. But who knows.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It would suck if he stayed in the division. He's honestly the perfect d-man for Toronto. Either him or Gudas. But Toronto already has too many guys signed on their back-end and apparently want to sign Pietrangelo so who knows.

He'd be a good fit in Montreal and Buffalo too.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

They aren't two different groups. The same people who hated Boro for years (and attacked him and Ceci) have a done a complete 180 because of his social views. It's very strange. Many other players were great dudes, like Zack Smith, yet they didn't care when he was moved.

Personally, I didn't whip Boro - I thought he was a legit bottom pair and wasn't an AHL D as some proclaimed, but I won't care much if he's not retained. It doesn't matter much who the 6th-7th D is. Like Jaros can fill in just the same.

Also from what I understand this would be the team moving on from him, not Boro jumping ship. But who knows.

I will concede here because I don’t have my pulse on Sens fans at all. But I will say, the point isn’t about Boro’s skill. This is yet another example of a player that may decide to leave Ottawa the first chance they get. This isn’t a star, this is a homegrown, cheap, heart and soul, soldier and serviceable player that has seen enough of Ottawa most likely. It’s been going on so long now, it is just pathetic. If there was one guy that may have stayed, it was Boro. Unless Melnyk goes, there is zero reason to think that any player unrestricted player will ever choose Ottawa unless this is their last shot to play in the NHL. That is fairly obvious and I’ve been saying it for years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum