GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
His last contract was one year $5M. $6M is a hell of a lot now likely than 3x$3M. He's just 28, younger than Anderson was when he came to Ottawa, 3 years younger than Nilsson. Many goalies enter their best years in the mid-to-late 20s.



Last edited by wprager on Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
So let's have some fun.

A few guys need to be re-signed this off-season: Boro, Brown, Duclair, Tierney, Hawryluk, Balcers, Paul, Chlapik and Tkachuk is eligible for an extension. Hainsey may be looking for another one-year contract (or maybe a player dev role) and so might Anderson.

What should the Sens do this off-season? Who stays and who goes? At what term? And do the Sens go into their prospect pool to fill vacant positions noting that the Sens will be significantly under the cap?

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So let's have some fun.

A few guys need to be re-signed this off-season: Boro, Brown, Duclair, Tierney, Hawryluk, Balcers, Paul, Chlapik and Tkachuk is eligible for an extension. Hainsey may be looking for another one-year contract (or maybe a player dev role) and so might Anderson.

What should the Sens do this off-season? Who stays and who goes? At what term? And do the Sens go into their prospect pool to fill vacant positions noting that the Sens will be significantly under the cap?

I've mentioned this before - they won't be able to load up on the rookies because of the cap floor. They should have one of their 1st rounders in the lineup, plus Batherson and Norris/Formenton splitting time. So, basically, 3 "rookies" (Batherson is no longer technically a rookie).

So all this message that they will re-sign most of their free agents.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So let's have some fun.

A few guys need to be re-signed this off-season: Boro, Brown, Duclair, Tierney, Hawryluk, Balcers, Paul, Chlapik and Tkachuk is eligible for an extension. Hainsey may be looking for another one-year contract (or maybe a player dev role) and so might Anderson.

What should the Sens do this off-season? Who stays and who goes? At what term? And do the Sens go into their prospect pool to fill vacant positions noting that the Sens will be significantly under the cap?

I've mentioned this before - they won't be able to load up on the rookies because of the cap floor. They should have one of their 1st rounders in the lineup, plus Batherson and Norris/Formenton splitting time. So, basically, 3 "rookies" (Batherson is no longer technically a rookie).

So all this message that they will re-sign most of their free agents.

it's so hard to say. They could try to move some RFA's at the draft.

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
7 first rd picks. Hard to think they don't move up or move some out to get some good pieces to add to the core. Then there's the issue of the expansion draft which may work in Ottawa favour since a lot of their key pieces won't need to be protected

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:7 first rd picks. Hard to think they don't move up or move some out to get some good pieces to add to the core. Then there's the issue of the expansion draft which may work in Ottawa favour since a lot of their key pieces won't need to be protected

did you mean 7 1st and 2nd round picks?



unless we have an opportunity to grab some amazing young players with plenty of team control ahead of them i don't see why the sens would trade picks for placeholders.
i think the sens are placed in a great position to take players with 1 or 2 years left on big contracts. you can amass assets for years to come. all incoming assets don't have to be for this draft. i'm more than happy to take assets for the next 2 years.

i expect us to try to use some of those 2nd rounders to try and move up in the draft though.

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:7 first rd picks. Hard to think they don't move up or move some out to get some good pieces to add to the core. Then there's the issue of the expansion draft which may work in Ottawa favour since a lot of their key pieces won't need to be protected

did you mean 7 1st and 2nd round picks?



unless we have an opportunity to grab some amazing young players with plenty of team control ahead of them i don't see why the sens would trade picks for placeholders.
i think the sens are placed in a great position to take players with 1 or 2 years left on big contracts. you can amass assets for years to come. all incoming assets don't have to be for this draft. i'm more than happy to take assets for the next 2 years.

i expect us to try to use some of those 2nd rounders to try and move up in the draft though.

Yes that's what I meant. This site is not optimized for mobile.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I don't even bother using the mobile version.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Oh no. Neither do I. I use the web site on my phone which is next to impossible to navigate.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I've got a 5.3" screen. Next one will be even larger (phone itself will probably be about the same but t most phones now don't have chins/foreheads/bezels. Makes a difference.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
i don't mind the mobile version but I can't quote reply anyone

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm watching Game 2 vs the Rags from Apr 29 2017 because why not. It's Pageau's 4 goal game. Ahhhh the good ol' days.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:i don't mind the mobile version but I can't quote reply anyone

That is odd...

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
i don't have that issue either

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
huge lol at sens fans suddenly liking boro after years of Dung on him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I've always loved me some Boro.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I've always loved me some Boro.

Same. It's just funny seeing the hypocrisy from others who didn't. I doubt he'll be back though. Our D is pretty crowded and they should be going for a bigger piece.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I've always loved me some Boro.

Same. It's just funny seeing the hypocrisy from others who didn't. I doubt he'll be back though. Our D is pretty crowded and they should be going for a bigger piece.

the logic is that had they wanted to bring him back they would have by now. Pierre did say they'd want to make him a sens for life.
I wonder what the reality is. asking for too much money?

I like what he does but a guy like Jaros could get a shot on the blueline bringing that physicality.
plus maybe a pairing of Wolanin and Jaros would yield better results

Chabot- Zaitsev/Zub
Branstrom - Zaitsev/Zub
Wolanin - Jaros
Reilly

seems like a decent combination to start the year (whenever it starts).

you don't even need a guy like Hainsey even though that's what the team seems to be leaning forward.
Maybe you sign him on a one year and warn him that if he can't keep up or if zub is outplaying him there's a position for him on the bench a la Jason Smith.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum