GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
I’m still on bended knee to you over our last bet. Defer it is.

Last edited by Lagoon on Wed May 20, 2020 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He was terrible to this team. Playing against or for us.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Too true.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
The Sens Foundation is cutting ties with............the Sens!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:The Sens Foundation is cutting ties with............the Sens!

Wait, what?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Just when you think this franchise can't sink any lower.....BAM!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The foundation tweeted on George Floyd, but it was seen as very weak. However the Sens haven't tweeted anything, neither has Melnyk (he's been silent since the end of January).

Ian Mendes says that he doesn't think the Floyd Terry was a major reason for the split, but he did think it may be a symptom of a philosophical divide. Lastly he said that if either side says this is normal and just a contract expiring, they would be lying.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Comes down to Money and philosophical differences with a charity. NHL...open your Cussing eyes. Can't wait to see them spin this as 'normal' and declare that Melnyk is doing nothing wrong

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:The Sens Foundation is cutting ties with............the Sens!

Wait, what?

I wish I made that up. I’m not that creative.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
When I first heard about it I immediately thought maybe this has to do with Melnyk selling the team. Then reality set in.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
oh wow. what a Dung show. all new lows are getting discovered all the time.

any day now, we'll get a drunken tweet from Melnyk saying "all lives matter".

someone put a gagball on him and cut his access to the internet. could you imagine the circus this could cause at the draft? I can already see it. "Byfield demands trade before a single game played"!

of course, I'm exaggerating... but am I? is it that far from being possible? nothing is at this point with Melnyk at the helm. you kind of hope it gets to the point where the NHL forces a sale on him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:oh wow. what a Dung show. all new lows are getting discovered all the time.

any day now, we'll get a drunken tweet from Melnyk saying "all lives matter".

someone put a gagball on him and cut his access to the internet. could you imagine the circus this could cause at the draft? I can already see it. "Byfield demands trade before a single game played"!

of course, I'm exaggerating... but am I? is it that far from being possible? nothing is at this point with Melnyk at the helm. you kind of hope it gets to the point where the NHL forces a sale on him.

Yeah, the Ottawa Sun has reported that this has to do with Melnyk wanting more control over where the Sens Foundation directs its money. The timing with the anti-racism movement and the Senators' refusal to put out a written statement about this (only 1 of 2 NHL teams that hasn't, the NYR being the other), COULD just be a coincidence, but I think it's likely the straw that broke the camel's back.

Gotta admire the Sens from a chaos perspective...they keep finding new ways to have PR disasters and just be general Dung bags.

I pointed this out a while ago based on a bit of "insider info", but remember when Melnyk pledged to pay part-time arena staff for events scheduled through to the end of April...or May...or June, whatever it was? Like 95% of the arena staff are employees of Aramark, who the Sens have a contract with. Melnyk didn't pay these guys a dime. Of course, his "gesture" made headlines, but no one actually investigated this.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
This had nothing to do with the George Floyd tweet. Nothing.

The Senators account retweeted Tierney's and Duclair's tweets. Maybe they felt nothing they could come up with would be any better. They certainly did not have to retweet anything but they did. Rangers retweeted Anson Carter's tweet. They did not have to do that either.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:This had nothing to do with the George Floyd tweet.  Nothing.

The Senators account retweeted Tierney's and Duclair's tweets. Maybe they felt nothing they could come up with would be any better. They certainly did not have to retweet anything but they did. Rangers retweeted Anson Carter's tweet. They did not have to do that either.

Walter, neither of us know one way or the other. I have my suspicions, that's why I said it COULD be a coincidence. For you to matter-of-factly state it had NOTHING to do with it simply can't be backed up.

Anyway, the Sens have FINALLY released a statement about racism, and it's about as weak as you could expect, and they manage to call themselves a "major philanthropic force" in the statement which is truly incredible given their divorce from their charity.

So I'll give them a 1 out of 10 for at least saying something...eventually. In my eyes, the statement should've come with an apology for it's lateness and a commitment to donate funds to anti-racism organizations, but hey....baby steps.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:

Walter, neither of us know one way or the other.  I have my suspicions, that's why I said it COULD be a coincidence.  For you to matter-of-factly state it had NOTHING to do with it simply can't be backed up.

Anyway, the Sens have FINALLY released a statement about racism, and it's about as weak as you could expect, and they manage to call themselves a "major philanthropic force" in the statement which is truly incredible given their divorce from their charity.

So I'll give them a 1 out of 10 for at least saying something...eventually.  In my eyes, the statement should've come with an apology for it's lateness and a commitment to donate funds to anti-racism organizations, but hey....baby steps.

Was just coming to mention this....one of the weakest statements I have read. That it took this long and in the end was this piss poor is astonishing really. In this case, better late than never doesn't apply.

And really, the sens just aren't very good pioneers at this type of stuff. They faced backlash on how little they supported pride parades and all, then you take a look at who Melnyk follows on twitter and it all makes sense (Hint: it's some nasty republicans synonymous with Fox news)

It really really is embarrassing to be a fan of this franchise now. It's pathetic at all levels and if it was anything outside of sports team, we'd have all cut ties long ago. And count me in that group that doesn't think Tkachuk and any other half-way decent player is going to stick around for this shit show.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
The one saving grace....maybe just maybe Melnyk can find himself in a Donald Sterling type of situation. But the NHL is an archaic old country club that will be the last to adapt to new social norms

/rant

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
SensHulk wrote:The one saving grace....maybe just maybe Melnyk can find himself in a Donald Sterling type of situation.  But the NHL is an archaic old country club that will be the last to adapt to new social norms

/rant

We are one nasty dumb tweet from Melnyk away to be able of getting rid of him. I'm sure the NHL would step in and seeing as there is no on ice product for at least 6 months, this may be the best time to force a sale.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SensHulk wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Walter, neither of us know one way or the other.  I have my suspicions, that's why I said it COULD be a coincidence.  For you to matter-of-factly state it had NOTHING to do with it simply can't be backed up.

So I'll give them a 1 out of 10 for at least saying something...eventually.  In my eyes, the statement should've come with an apology for it's lateness and a commitment to donate funds to anti-racism organizations, but hey....baby steps.

Was just coming to mention this....one of the weakest statements I have read. That it took this long and in the end was this piss poor is astonishing really. In this case, better late than never doesn't apply.

And really, the sens just aren't very good pioneers at this type of stuff. They faced backlash on how little they supported pride parades and all, then you take a look at who Melnyk follows on twitter and it all makes sense (Hint: it's some nasty republicans synonymous with Fox news)

It really really is embarrassing to be a fan of this franchise now. It's pathetic at all levels and if it was anything outside of sports team, we'd have all cut ties long ago. And count me in that group that doesn't think Tkachuk and any other half-way decent player is going to stick around for this Dung show.

Yeah, I'll never forget that time the Sens Foundation turned up for the Pride parade and the lone Senators representative was...Spartacat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum