GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Saw somewhere that Boro requested that the Sens make a decision on him within the next few weeks. His wife is expecting and he asked the team to make a decision on his future before she gives birth so she can settle in before things get hectic (if he's moved). The Sens blueline is decimated but Hainsey and Zaitsev are expected back this weekend, and with the acquisition of Reilly (LHD) I think we may see Boro traded after the weekend. Wolanin is expected back in February also.
I’m not sure what the market would be for him.
Could we even get a 3rd rounder?
I think best case scenario is getting a boom or bust prospect and hope that scouting sees something the other team doesn’t

Oh. It's not about what the return is. It's about the vacancy of a roster spot next season. If Boro could play 4LW I'd keep him. He's a liability on defence given how much talent we have coming down the pipe.

LHD: Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Boro, Reilly, Englund, Lajoie, Alsing, Tychonik
RHD: Zaitsev, De Melo, Hainsey, Jaros, Goloubef, JBD, Thomson,

That's a lot of depth. And you know we're getting at least 2 d-men with our first five picks in the draft.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You dont want to be tissue paper soft though and boro brings an element of real toughness

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Oh. It's not about what the return is. It's about the vacancy of a roster spot next season. If Boro could play 4LW I'd keep him. He's a liability on defence given how much talent we have coming down the pipe.

In other years I would've agreed, but Boro's actually been decent this year. Certainly deserving of the 6th/7th defenceman spot. In addition to having way more points than normal and being a + player, he also is way up there in hits and block shots as usual.

Now, I agree that we're going to have to clear the decks a bit to make room for the young talent, but I wouldn't call Boro a liability this year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Fair. But now we have Reilly so if you want to see Chabot, Brann, Wolanin next year (like every other Sens fan) where do you slot in Boro? Maybe as a RHD or you switch Brann to RHD and carry Reilly as the 7th but DJ seems against that.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Go Habs go?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boro can be a player-coach. On his way to becoming AGM.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:Go Habs go?

Never!

We aren't catching the Wings but that only gives them like an extra 2% chance which we more than make up with Sam Jose's pick.

I want the Habs streak to hit double digits and Kirk Muller to take over behind the bench.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Bergevin being fired would be nice too. Guy is a tool

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Go Habs go?

Never!

We aren't catching the Wings but that only gives them like an extra 2% chance which we more than make up with Sam Jose's pick.

I want the Habs steak to hit double digits and Kirk Muller to take over behind the bench.

Ya just remember the odds aren't cumulative. It's still two chances both at lesser odds. If it were cumulative I'd love our odds.

I also think SJ finishes in the 22-25 range. They'll win some games down the stretch

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I know probabilities. They *are* additive. Having one pick at 17% and another at 14% means one of those picks will win almost one out of every 3 tries.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's still 69% chance neither one hits the jackpot, but our two picks have a better chance than Detroit's.

But that's "chance", not certainty.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice for the tank that they found a way to lose to the horrible Habs, but I would've preferred a W. A couple good back to back games from the Hogburglar, plus Joey Daccord got a shutout for Belleville. Pretty great night for our two best goalie prospects.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Too bad the Stars found a way to lose to the Sharks.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sharks making a bit of a push here. Can't see it lasting

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Hogberg to get his third start in a row tomorrow night in Chicago

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Hogberg to get his third start in a row tomorrow night in Chicago

It's as if they have a deal for Anderson in place but need to hold onto him while Nilsson recovers from his injury. Or they're trying to preserve his trade value and not have him shelled while the defence is banged up. It's so bizarre.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Hogberg to get his third start in a row tomorrow night in Chicago

It's as if they have a deal for Anderson in place but need to hold onto him while Nilsson recovers from his injury. Or they're trying to preserve his trade value and not have him shelled while the defence is banged up. It's so bizarre.

honestly i doubt they have a deal for him. he hasn't played extremely well for us this year.

we'll be luck if we get anything above a 3rd rounder for him. IF he even gets traded.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Florida or Carolina for a 5th

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum