GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Now Jaros gets the callup.

Ennis and Namestnikov not playing (trades brewing?)

Probably. or at least safe keeping before the trade deadline.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Nothing about Pageau has been public. Sens have done an excellent job keeping things quiet this year. Whether he’s dealt or not there’s been nothing bad about the way he’s been handled. I fully expect his to sign given he’s not sitting though

That’s if he signs. If he doesn’t it would be badly handled.

Pageau hasn’t said he wished to remain either.
I think they’ll have to overpay to keep him.

I like what he brings.he’s not zach smith. But on a good team he’s a number 3 at best.

I think we should get a 1st for him and then some. If we can’t than yeah, I’m up for him staying. But let’s see if that happens.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If we got a first I’m all for it. Or a first equivalent prospect.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:That's no excuse to lose 6-2, let's go tonight

Balcers ties it with 34 seconds to go, Formenton secures the extra point in OT.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Norris and Batherson sent to Belleville. I assume Batherson is for Monday's dead line so he can still play in the AHL playoffs

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Norris looked good last night. Not afraid to hold onto the puck to try and make plays.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Norris looked good last night.  Not afraid to hold onto the puck to try and make plays.  

I couldn’t watch the game last night.
The score isn’t very telling. I heard Norris still looks a bit undersized?
Thoughts?

Both Norris and Bath going back to Belleville. I’m hoping management is planning to be trading for a some bad contracts that would leave bodies in Ottawa this year and maybe next.

I’d rather the Belleville does well this year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Didn't really look undersized to me. He needs to get a little stronger, but that will come with time. I liked the way he tried to create opportunities, especially for his first NHL game. Certainly easy to see him as a 2nd line centre.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Funny, I thought I posted that (he looked a little small). Maybe it was in another thread. He's not tall, he's not wide. He will definitely need to bulk up in the off-season.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Brady has an A tonight

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Brady has an A tonight
He’s young. But he deserves it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Duclair got hurt last night so they called up Chlapik. They play again tonight in Nashville.

Given the state of our team, we really should be able to finish 2nd or 3rd last (we're 3rd last now). I dunno what LA is up to lately, but they didn't sell off quite like we did.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:Duclair got hurt last night so they called up Chlapik.  They play again tonight in Nashville.

Given the state of our team, we really should be able to finish 2nd or 3rd last (we're 3rd last now).  I dunno what LA is up to lately, but they didn't sell off quite like we did.  

LA has the best prospect pool in the league and have been playing well lately. Every loser point the Sens get makes me cringe, but I can still see LA overtaking us.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Duclair got hurt last night so they called up Chlapik.  They play again tonight in Nashville.

Given the state of our team, we really should be able to finish 2nd or 3rd last (we're 3rd last now).  I dunno what LA is up to lately, but they didn't sell off quite like we did.  

LA has the best prospect pool in the league and have been playing well lately. Every loser point the Sens get makes me cringe, but I can still see LA overtaking us.

yeah hopefully LA gets an injection of youth trying to secure a spot for themselves for next year.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

yeah hopefully LA gets an injection of youth trying to secure a spot for themselves for next year.

We should finish 2nd last and SJ 4th last. That is prior to the lottery. I would say 3rd last for SJ but 6 points is a lot for LA to gain.

Anaheim made some moves at the deadline to fill holes. They’ve also been hanging in all their games and against good team too. They should fly by the Sharks.

I also thought Detroit would be better than Ottawa though.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

We should finish 2nd last and SJ 4th last. That is prior to the lottery. I would say 3rd last for SJ but 6 points is a lot for LA to gain.

Anaheim made some moves at the deadline to fill holes. They’ve also been hanging in all their games and against good team too. They should fly by the Sharks.

NJ has been playing really good hockey as has Anaheim. LA may win a few games down the stretch too. Their younger players have been contributing nicely.

In all honesty, I think we finish 4th last and SJ finished 2nd last. It'll be close between the Sens and the Kings for 3rd last. We need the Sens to go 0-3 in the upcoming California road trip. But if there weren't already enough problems in SJ, Thornton is apparently upset that he wasn't traded. I can't imagine it's a happy locker room. I counted about 4-5 games that SJ *should* get points in over the remainder of the season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I also don't think the Isles are a lock to make the playoffs. The Rags are surging and Carolina loaded up. Both teams are 3 points back of the Isles who are 1 point up on the last wildcard spot. I can see Philly and Columbus falling out of spots as well. But it's going to be a wild finish.

Isles next 10 games: @ Stl, Boston, Montreal, @ Ottawa, Carolina, @ Van, @ Cgy, @ Edm, @ Pit, Calgary. Not going to be easy

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

NJ has been playing really good hockey as has Anaheim. LA may win a few games down the stretch too. Their younger players have been contributing nicely.

In all honesty, I think we finish 4th last and SJ finished 2nd last. It'll be close between the Sens and the Kings for 3rd last. We need the Sens to go 0-3 in the upcoming California road trip. But if there weren't already enough problems in SJ, Thornton is apparently upset that he wasn't traded. I can't imagine it's a happy locker room. I counted about 4-5 games that SJ *should* get points in over the remainder of the season.

Do you have the Devils beating the Sharks tomorrow?

I can’t see us passing the Sharks, but I’d love to see LA scream by us both. 2nd and 3rd last? Deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum