GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

Batherson called up Duclair is out after a puck off the foot

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Huh...didn't think they'd call up Batherson. Cool.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

According to Ken Warren Demelo hoping to be back for Tuesday's game

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Had tickets offered for this game as well. As I was driving to Montreal. Oh, well.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Batherson looking pretty good tonight especially on the powerplay

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That White header was hilarious. Good game.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Does Craig Anderson win another game in a Sens uniform ?

Also Goloubef is terrible. We need those healthy bodies back asap. And Reilly should have known better than to take #5. He's destined to fail

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Would it have counted if he banked it in off his chest?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Anderson spending quite a bit of time with Jarod at the white board during practice

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who's "Jarod"? I assume "Jaros" because of the proximity of 'd' and 's', but he's not a goalie. Shouldn't it be the defensive coach?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

It was Jaros phone autocorrects to jarod. Anderson was going over 2 on 1s and how he wanted the Jaros to defend was the tweet sent out yesterday I don't remember who sent it out

Edit it was Steve Lloyd he even had photos of Anderson and jaros using the white board on the ice

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Good night for the tank

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's that time of the year when we're due to be pounded by the elite teams unfortunately.

Hard to watch

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Saw somewhere that Boro requested that the Sens make a decision on him within the next few weeks. His wife is expecting and he asked the team to make a decision on his future before she gives birth so she can settle in before things get hectic (if he's moved). The Sens blueline is decimated but Hainsey and Zaitsev are expected back this weekend, and with the acquisition of Reilly (LHD) I think we may see Boro traded after the weekend. Wolanin is expected back in February also.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Saw somewhere that Boro requested that the Sens make a decision on him within the next few weeks. His wife is expecting and he asked the team to make a decision on his future before she gives birth so she can settle in before things get hectic (if he's moved). The Sens blueline is decimated but Hainsey and Zaitsev are expected back this weekend, and with the acquisition of Reilly (LHD) I think we may see Boro traded after the weekend. Wolanin is expected back in February also.
I’m not sure what the market would be for him.
Could we even get a 3rd rounder?
I think best case scenario is getting a boom or bust prospect and hope that scouting sees something the other team doesn’t

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Saw somewhere that Boro requested that the Sens make a decision on him within the next few weeks. His wife is expecting and he asked the team to make a decision on his future before she gives birth so she can settle in before things get hectic (if he's moved). The Sens blueline is decimated but Hainsey and Zaitsev are expected back this weekend, and with the acquisition of Reilly (LHD) I think we may see Boro traded after the weekend. Wolanin is expected back in February also.
I’m not sure what the market would be for him.
Could we even get a 3rd rounder?
I think best case scenario is getting a boom or bust prospect and hope that scouting sees something the other team doesn’t

Oh. It's not about what the return is. It's about the vacancy of a roster spot next season. If Boro could play 4LW I'd keep him. He's a liability on defence given how much talent we have coming down the pipe.

LHD: Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Boro, Reilly, Englund, Lajoie, Alsing, Tychonik
RHD: Zaitsev, De Melo, Hainsey, Jaros, Goloubef, JBD, Thomson,

That's a lot of depth. And you know we're getting at least 2 d-men with our first five picks in the draft.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You dont want to be tissue paper soft though and boro brings an element of real toughness

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Oh. It's not about what the return is. It's about the vacancy of a roster spot next season. If Boro could play 4LW I'd keep him. He's a liability on defence given how much talent we have coming down the pipe.

In other years I would've agreed, but Boro's actually been decent this year. Certainly deserving of the 6th/7th defenceman spot. In addition to having way more points than normal and being a + player, he also is way up there in hits and block shots as usual.

Now, I agree that we're going to have to clear the decks a bit to make room for the young talent, but I wouldn't call Boro a liability this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum