GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

What does Balcers have to do?

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

I would rather them use beaudin if they are going to use him for a fourth line role. Balcers has been lights out but should get more than 8 minutes DJ give his fourth line

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Balcers was on the roster last year and made the roster out of camp. I could see a 5 game conditioning stint but that's long past.

And maybe if they had better prepared players that 4th like could play 12 minutes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Brown back to Belleville. 1 goal in 23 games isn’t cutting it if he’s supposed to be even a second line C. Which I doubt.

How can he score on the 4th line though? It's a catch 22

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A team like this (lots of young prospects in a rebuild) should not have a 4th line.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Sens look absolutely gassed tonight. Very little speed or push back. Andy has stop 30 shots so far

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Sens look absolutely gassed tonight. Very little speed or push back. Andy has stop 30 shots so far

And somehow they find a way to pick up a loser point! On TGOR this morning they were talking with Pierre McGuire about how the first game back after Christmas is usually a dud, and in the Sens' case, they had something like 6 days off.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Golubef played 25 minutes. It's amazing they managed a loser point with that blue line.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Duclair going to the All Star game

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They should ask Torts what he thinks about that

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man...I wonder what Duclair's next contract is going to look like. Won't be cheap!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

5 x 5 probably

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With Getzel out I wonder if Pitts takes a look at Duclair

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's RFA but he's eligible for arbitration. If he gets 30+ goals (pretty much a given if he stays healthy) he'll get more than $5M easily. Guess we'll see how much he values term.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:He's RFA but he's eligible for arbitration. If he gets 30+ goals (pretty much a given if he stays healthy) he'll get more than $5M easily. Guess we'll see how much he values term.
he could also get traded and his scoring could drop off.
He’s doing well in Ottawa. He might be more inclined to want to negotiate a contract here. I’m weary of giving him a multi year one where he doesn’t have the same output as in contract years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's the triggerman, and it looks like the only one they have (guys playing in the AHL don't count yet). But unlike Hoffman he scores goals from everywhere, he goes to the dirty areas, he plays the PK. It's hang on to him, but if they can't sign him to a 3 year deal then I'm not sure he's worth $6M+ from arbitration for one year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zaitsev back at practice in a full contact jersey. Goloubef back to being a 7th?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Balcers called up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum