GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Just my minor annoyance with the media for today…it’s all over Twitter this morning about Bobby Ryan’s quotes pertaining to being a healthy scratch.  He was asked the great question if he regretted that his contract was looming over him, in much the same way that Roberto Luongo said his contract “sucked” back when he played for Vancouver.  It’s a terrific question, because it’s much the same situation.  And it takes balls to ask that question, because it’s saying to Bobby’s face that he isn’t performing anywhere close to where he should be for the amount of money he’s getting paid.  So Bobby’s reply is all over Twitter from the usual Sens media schleps…Wallace, Garrioch, Mendes, other TSN 1200 guys, Ken Warren, etc etc.  They love posting Bobby’s response to the question, without giving any credit to who actually asked the question.  Y’know who it was that actually asked the question?  Marc Brassard, the Le Droit reporter.  Too often I find media beat around the bush, unwilling to ask anything that might rile a player or coach up.  

On the Bobby Ryan subject, he sure said all the right things today.  He said he was angry and disappointed, but also said he needs to be better, specifically: producing more offensively, helping the PP more, and moving his feet.  He also went on about how he has to be a good teammate and cheerleader for the guys that get to play.

What he said is fair but you could pay me $700K to be a cheerleader. Hell I'd take $70K + travel expenses. Actions speak louder than words - simply put he needs to be better. Period. I don't think buying him out is an option since the Sens need to hit the floor and I'd be hesitant in taking a bad contract back. That said, I would take two not as bad contracts back and think Minny could be a good trading partner.
Even minny wouldn’t take Ryan. I look at their roster and I don’t see anything else that they’re worst off with.

Minny's biggest issues are age and cap space. And they were also jerks to Zucker this off-season. You could move Zucker and Rask and save some term/money by taking on Ryan. If they get a pick out of it maybe they'd consider it. who knows. but Guerin needs to do something because that team is awful and they're all locked up to long-term contracts.

I don’t understand the logic. You basically replace the term of ryan by the term of Rask but minny has to give up two players which one(Zucker) actually has value and could get them something much better?
I get that minny would save 2 mill in cap space but they’d be short a player which they would have to likely add for at least close to a million. Of course we’d have to add a pick but you’re talking about a first rounder at this point to even make it interesting for them.

If you’re Guerin you laugh that proposal right out the door.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
You just have to work with ryan. What point is there to shed his contract if you only have to take a crappy one back?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Just my minor annoyance with the media for today…it’s all over Twitter this morning about Bobby Ryan’s quotes pertaining to being a healthy scratch.  He was asked the great question if he regretted that his contract was looming over him, in much the same way that Roberto Luongo said his contract “sucked” back when he played for Vancouver.  It’s a terrific question, because it’s much the same situation.  And it takes balls to ask that question, because it’s saying to Bobby’s face that he isn’t performing anywhere close to where he should be for the amount of money he’s getting paid.  So Bobby’s reply is all over Twitter from the usual Sens media schleps…Wallace, Garrioch, Mendes, other TSN 1200 guys, Ken Warren, etc etc.  They love posting Bobby’s response to the question, without giving any credit to who actually asked the question.  Y’know who it was that actually asked the question?  Marc Brassard, the Le Droit reporter.  Too often I find media beat around the bush, unwilling to ask anything that might rile a player or coach up.  

On the Bobby Ryan subject, he sure said all the right things today.  He said he was angry and disappointed, but also said he needs to be better, specifically: producing more offensively, helping the PP more, and moving his feet.  He also went on about how he has to be a good teammate and cheerleader for the guys that get to play.

What he said is fair but you could pay me $700K to be a cheerleader. Hell I'd take $70K + travel expenses. Actions speak louder than words - simply put he needs to be better. Period. I don't think buying him out is an option since the Sens need to hit the floor and I'd be hesitant in taking a bad contract back. That said, I would take two not as bad contracts back and think Minny could be a good trading partner.
Even minny wouldn’t take Ryan. I look at their roster and I don’t see anything else that they’re worst off with.

Minny's biggest issues are age and cap space. And they were also jerks to Zucker this off-season. You could move Zucker and Rask and save some term/money by taking on Ryan. If they get a pick out of it maybe they'd consider it. who knows. but Guerin needs to do something because that team is awful and they're all locked up to long-term contracts.

I don’t understand the logic. You basically replace the term of ryan by the term of Rask but minny has to give up two players which one(Zucker) actually has value and could get them something much better?
I get that minny would save 2 mill in cap space but they’d be short a player which they would have to likely add for at least close to a million. Of course we’d have to add a pick but you’re talking about a first rounder at this point to even make it interesting for them.

They could opt to buy him out in the off season

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

They could opt to buy him out in the off season

They could also trade Zucker alone for a good return and see what the market is for Rask and if there is none than that’s a cheaper buyout.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dorion watching the Vancouver la game. eriksson for ryan and boedker?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think I'll lose it if we add a pick to a Ryan eriksson swap.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Connor Brown is a +7. Good for him.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Connor Brown has looked good from the beginning think he just got caught behind all the big guns in toronto.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Isnt pageau a +11?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:I think I'll lose it if we add a pick to a Ryan eriksson swap.

Eriksson has $9M left of real money on his contract over the next 3 seasons with a $6M cap hit per season. Ryan has 3 seasons left with a cap hit of $7.25M per season plus almost $22M of real money left to be paid out. For sure Vancouver wants a pick thrown in. I'd be more inclined to throw in a prospect but can't blame them for wanting a 2nd. It's a sign of a cheap owner for sure but you can't blame Melnyk for wanting to get out of this contract. If it costs Chlapik, Lajoie, or Davidsson you accept it. If it costs a 2nd (not Ottawa's but Dal or SJ) you do it. So long as there is a promise from Eugene that Dorion can spend the savings on something else. We will get a 2nd or whatever we trade back at the deadline so I wouldn't sweat adding a pick right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
3 seasons for Eriksson and 14 million real dollars owed vs ryans 22.5 or whatever. Diddle.

I don't want to give anything. Lajoie sure, but nothing valuable.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:3 seasons for Eriksson and 14 million real dollars owed vs ryans 22.5 or whatever.  Diddle.

I don't want to give anything.  Lajoie sure, but nothing valuable.

His signing bonus this year was paid out. He's $1M for the rest of the season plus $4M each over the next two seasons.

You're likely trading one of Pageau or Tierney, Anderson, Hainsey, Ennis, Boedker (for like a 7th), and perhaps one of Duclair or Namestnikov or Anisimov. Who cares if you give up a 2nd or a prospect. You're trading a 2nd for more cash to spend on someone else and you're going to recuperate the losses. No brainer to me.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Isnt pageau a +11?

Yeah. Seems crazy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PTFlea wrote:3 seasons for Eriksson and 14 million real dollars owed vs ryans 22.5 or whatever.  Diddle.

His signing bonus this year was paid out. He's $1M for the rest of the season plus $4M each over the next two seasons.

You're likely trading one of Pageau or Tierney, Anderson, Hainsey, Ennis, Boedker (for like a 7th), and perhaps one of Duclair or Namestnikov or Anisimov. Who cares if you give up a 2nd or a prospect. You're trading a 2nd for more cash to spend on someone else and you're going to recuperate the losses. No brainer to me.

Because I don't have any faith in the world they'll spend that money and it's the absolute wrong thing to do in a rebuild.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:

Because I don't have any faith in the world they'll spend that money and it's the absolute wrong thing to do in a rebuild.

Naw. Taking a step back to move two steps forward isn't the wrong thing to do. This frees $6M this year and $3M next year and the year after that could go towards something else. Cap space won't be an issue - cash flow is. And this really helps the cashflow problem.

We don't need multiple 2nd rd picks. We already have 3 and will probably get another couple 1st to 3rd rd picks at the deadline. Bite the bullet and trade one so we can have the off-season we Sens fans deserve.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I think I'll lose it if we add a pick to a Ryan eriksson swap.

Eriksson has $9M left of real money on his contract over the next 3 seasons with a $6M cap hit per season. Ryan has 3 seasons left with a cap hit of $7.25M per season plus almost $22M of real money left to be paid out. For sure Vancouver wants a pick thrown in. I'd be more inclined to throw in a prospect but can't blame them for wanting a 2nd. It's a sign of a cheap owner for sure but you can't blame Melnyk for wanting to get out of this contract. If it costs Chlapik, Lajoie, or Davidsson you accept it. If it costs a 2nd (not Ottawa's but Dal or SJ) you do it. So long as there is a promise from Eugene that Dorion can spend the savings on something else. We will get a 2nd or whatever we trade back at the deadline so I wouldn't sweat adding a pick right now.

Why would we give Vancouver anything? We are barely gonna try to be a cap team for the next 3 years. We don’t need to get rid of Ryan’s cap hit. There’s no way we get rid of him for a positive and I sure as hell ain’t willing to pay in picks to be rid of him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:

Naw. Taking a step back to move two steps forward isn't the wrong thing to do. This frees $6M this year and $3M next year and the year after that could go towards something else. Cap space won't be an issue - cash flow is. And this really helps the cashflow problem.

We don't need multiple 2nd rd picks. We already have 3 and will probably get another couple 1st to 3rd rd picks at the deadline. Bite the bullet and trade one so we can have the off-season we Sens fans deserve.
that part is true. The cash flow part. For once I agree 100%. But I want melnyk t sell as soon as possible so I’m not gonna hope for a scenario that helps him prop up a team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:

But I don’t agree. The more 1sts and 2nd picks we can have the better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum