GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, no one should get too fussed about who is on the opening night roster. There will be TONS of movement to and from the AHL this year.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Fair enough.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
Sens Monday practice lines:

Tkachuk-White-Brown
Duclair-Tierney-Ryan
Ennis-Anisimov-Batherson
Chlapik-Pageau-Sabourin/Boedker

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Hainsey.
Borowiecki-Demelo
Goloubef

I kind of like the look of anisimov and Batherson

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Sens Monday practice lines:

Tkachuk-White-Brown
Duclair-Tierney-Ryan
Ennis-Anisimov-Batherson

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Hainsey.
Borowiecki-Demelo
Goloubef

It's so weird seeing Sens lines now when you think of the team we had on that Eastern Conference Finals run from a couple years ago. Who's left from that? Pageau, Borowiecki, and Ryan? Really? How things have changed.

That said, I like having Tkachuk, White, and Brannstrom getting primo minutes, so hopefully that happens.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Interested to see what happens when balcers is back

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Sens Monday practice lines:

Tkachuk-White-Brown
Duclair-Tierney-Ryan
Ennis-Anisimov-Batherson

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Hainsey.
Borowiecki-Demelo
Goloubef

It's so weird seeing Sens lines now when you think of the team we had on that Eastern Conference Finals run from a couple years ago.  Who's left from that?  Pageau, Borowiecki, and Ryan?  Really?  How things have changed.

That said, I like having Tkachuk, White, and Brannstrom getting primo minutes, so hopefully that happens.  

I like what they're doing with Batherson. Not giving him top-line responsibilities and playing with two guys who are out to prove it this year. I cam easily see Ryan and Bath changing throughout the year. And I'm interested in seeing how they use Pageau this season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
One more sleep.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:One more sleep.

Yeah, good lord, let's get on with it already!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I must say, Dorion handled things really well in terms of not only sending Brown down to the AHL, but then properly answering questions as to why he did it and that the organization really believes in him.

One day I dream of a Brown/Batherson line, but for now I'm happy to see that they're taking pride in developing players properly.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:I must say, Dorion handled things really well in terms of not only sending Brown down to the AHL, but then properly answering questions as to why he did it and that the organization really believes in him.

One day I dream of a Brown/Batherson line, but for now I'm happy to see that they're taking pride in developing players properly.

10 mins on the fourth line where he is not a good fit vs 18-20 mins on the AHL top line to work on a few things. Makes complete sense to me.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I must say, Dorion handled things really well in terms of not only sending Brown down to the AHL, but then properly answering questions as to why he did it and that the organization really believes in him.

I think Brown is heading into "bust" territory. If he doesn't start putting up decent AHL #s pretty quickly, he's getting buried in the depth chart in a hurry.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:

I think Brown is heading into "bust" territory.  If he doesn't start putting up decent AHL #s pretty quickly, he's getting buried in the depth chart in a hurry.

Brown? I don't see who will bury him in depth personally. And 42 points in 56 AHL games in his first pro season, which was unfortunately mired with injury for Brown, is very solid IMO.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I think Brown is heading into "bust" territory.  If he doesn't start putting up decent AHL #s pretty quickly, he's getting buried in the depth chart in a hurry.

Brown?  I don't see who will bury him in depth personally.  And 42 points in 56 AHL games in his first pro season, which was unfortunately mired with injury for Brown, is very solid IMO.

Yeah I don’t see how Brown is buried as we do not have a legit top line C prospect in the system. There could be a case made for Norris but he’s likely capped at 2C at best.

But he might bust. If he never finds that second gear and speed that’s needed at the NHL.
It’s still why I feel we lack an elite/star C prospect in the system. Picking number 2 would be great this year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Brown?  I don't see who will bury him in depth personally.  And 42 points in 56 AHL games in his first pro season, which was unfortunately mired with injury for Brown, is very solid IMO.

Yeah I don’t see how Brown is buried as we do not have a legit top line C prospect in the system. There could be a case made for Norris but he’s likely capped at 2C at best.

But he might bust. If he never finds that second gear  and speed that’s needed at the NHL.
It’s still why I feel we lack an elite/star C prospect in the system. Picking number 2 would be great this year.

Brown is Spezza. Everyone was knocking Spezza for the exact same reasons. And if we're knocking Brown because of speed, look at Thornton. He put up 51 points last year. He's slow as molasses. He'll find his way into the lineup the second there is an injury if not he'll finish the year up here when Pageau/Tierney is traded. He's not suited for a bottom-six role and we're seeing in Toronto what fitting an offensive player into a checking role does. He will be fine. He may never put up 80 points, but 50-60 points on a second line isn't bad and that's his ceiling.

I agree that picking #2 is best case for Ottawa. Unless they're serious about moving Tkachuk to C. Then #1 all the way!

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
White will also get hurt at some point this year. He's the best bet for Brown to crack the lineup. Sabourin will be used sparingly and injuries happen

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Quote: 50-60 points on a second line isn't bad and that's his ceiling

Umm, what? 6'6" with hands, moved and hockey IQ, and you think 50-60 points is his ceiling? Tierney put up 55!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

But he might bust. If he never finds that second gear  and speed that’s needed at the NHL.

Brown is Spezza. Everyone was knocking Spezza for the exact same reasons. And if we're knocking Brown because of speed, look at Thornton. He put up 51 points last year. He's slow as molasses. He'll find his way into the lineup the second there is an injury if not he'll finish the year up here when Pageau/Tierney is traded. He's not suited for a bottom-six role and we're seeing in Toronto what fitting an offensive player into a checking role does. He will be fine. He may never put up 80 points, but 50-60 points on a second line isn't bad and that's his ceiling.

I agree that picking #2 is best case for Ottawa. Unless they're serious about moving Tkachuk to C. Then #1 all the way!

I disagree, speed counts more than it used to. Brown is gonna have to develop a lot more to reach Thornton. And he wouldn’t get the amount of respect Thornton does. If he doesn’t up his tempo and intensity he won’t last long on this team and will wind up getting traded when his value is down.

Again, I’m not saying he busts, I just think the distance he has to reach his ceiling is a lot bigger than Dorion is letting on. He’s just not showing that drive that all other rookies do when they are trying to make the team. Chlapik showed some he was ready in the pre-season. Brown did not.

I don’t see tkachuk getting moved to the C. He’s better suited as a hard Donkey winger.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Quote:  50-60 points on a second line isn't bad and that's his ceiling

Umm, what? 6'6" with hands, moved and hockey IQ, and you think 50-60 points is his ceiling? Tierney put up 55!

65 points? I had Brown as a 20 g 40 a type of guy. Ottawa gets a lot of scoring from the dmen and I don't expect that to change. He'll get a lot of PP points but not that many off the rush because of his speed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum