GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kelly is such a perfect 4th liner. I really think he'll make the team

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Kelly is such a perfect 4th liner.  I really think he'll make the team

Especially if the PK continues to struggle.

I also think Boedker is waived at the end of camp

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Kelly is such a perfect 4th liner.  I really think he'll make the team

Waived and not claimed and put back on Ottawa's roster.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, at least he won't get an 'A'.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That Swartz major hurt. Not just the 2 goals but it screwed up the lines. And he took another minute before that so 7 minutes of the first 12 were shorthanded. Out best PKers were not dressed (Pageau and Brown) and the ones who did play got tired out quickly.

And our PP went 0 for 5 without the top line.

I'd say if our top lineup was out there we would a different outcome.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:

Maybe Anaheim would be interested?

Makes that Hoffman trade even worse.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:That Swartz major hurt. Not just the 2 goals but it screwed up the lines. And he took another minute before that so 7 minutes of the first 12 were shorthanded. Out best PKers were not dressed (Pageau and Brown) and the ones who did play got tired out quickly.

And our PP went 0 for 5 without the top line.

I'd say if our top lineup was out there we would a different outcome.

7 PK goals against in the last 2 games.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

that's the most likely outcome though.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

It looks bad if Dorion buries him after the Hoffman deal so yes I agree that it is the most likely outcome. But it wouldn't hurt to have him in the minors. But there is a small chance that someone like San Jose or Arizona pick him up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

It looks bad if Dorion buries him after the Hoffman deal so yes I agree that it is the most likely outcome. But it wouldn't hurt to have him in the minors. But there is a small chance that someone like San Jose or Arizona pick him up.

He's not that bad, it's not like he's a horrible, lumbering, Lucic-style player. He's okay, but unfortunately that's absolutely all he is. When he first came over, I liked what I saw, then he regressed into a blah player.

Still, he'll be fine here. We've got a heck of a bad team, but with a lot of spirit. We'll be last in the league and we'll trade him for a 4th or something at the deadline and call it a day.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I still think he's more useful as a buyout and cap hit over two years

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I still think he's more useful as a buyout and cap hit over two years
Not if we utilized the money on a FA that might help this team(note that I didn’t say star FA, no one amazing is coming here in a hurry).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think we bring in players via trade. There is too much organizational depth to be signing mediocre FAs long-term. We're better off trading some players and acquiring someone more elite.

Chlapik, Lajoie, Paul, Tychonik, Gruden, Abramov, Davidsson, Veronneau, Rodewald, Carcone, Alsing probably don't have a future here. If we're looking at upgrading the RHD spot, I would add Jaros to that list too. Then we have Pageau, Anisimov, Tierney, Duclair, Ryan, Boedker, Ennis, Hainsey that could be added as well - some worth more than others. 2 1st rd picks, 3 2nds. If a good player with term is made available at the deadline, Ottawa should inquire. But until then, they should stay the course and hope for a top 5 pick.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

The number of players with some sort of trade clause limiting who we can acquire via trade and only the bottom talent players willing to sign with Ottawa, the only way we can improve until Melnyk and Dorion are gone is through prospect development.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think we need to do anything for at least a year, probably 2.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What an absolutely boneheaded hit from behind by Tierney on Boeser - who is hurt.

What are you doing?

https://twitter.com/passittobulis/status/1176349531081867265?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1176349531081867265&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231176349531081867265

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:The number of players with some sort of trade clause limiting who we can acquire via trade and only the bottom talent players willing to sign with Ottawa, the only way we can improve until Melnyk and Dorion are gone is through prospect development.

Disagree. I think by locking up White and Chabot it sends a message to the rest of the league on where Ottawa is headed. I also don't think Dorion is a problem. I don't like him but he's not the reason why people won't sign here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:The number of players with some sort of trade clause limiting who we can acquire via trade and only the bottom talent players willing to sign with Ottawa, the only way we can improve until Melnyk and Dorion are gone is through prospect development.

Disagree. I think by locking up White and Chabot it sends a message to the rest of the league on where Ottawa is headed. I also don't think Dorion is a problem. I don't like him but he's not the reason why people won't sign here.

Plus we don't need to be bringing people in.

Lafrenniere-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Formenton-Norris-Abramov
Kelly-Chlapik-Balcers

Chabot-JBD
Brannstrom-Thomson
Wolanin-Jaros

Hogberg
Gustavsson

This is the future. And man does Brown ever remind me of Spezza..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum