GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Raptors

+4
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:28 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:People always remember the winner of a championship, not the players injured on the losing team. GS had a championship win against the Cavs where Irving and Love were both hurt. No one remembers that - they remember that GS won.

No excuses regarding the Durant, Looney, and Thompson injuries. Raps have been without OG all playoffs, Lowry has a broken finger that will need surgery, and Kawhi has knee soreness. Siakam had a leg contusion against Philly and played through it.

Raps beat the best team in the NBA, and I believe the best team in the NBA since Christmas or the deadline or something along those lines. They deserve to be where they are and think they could beat a healthy GS. They did it twice in the regular season.  

I mean it's a legit excuse if you don't have 2 of your top 3 players. Again it doesn't take away from a Raptors win if they go onto win, they play with what they're dealt with. I would have bet good money on GS in 4 or 5 if they were fully healthy.

17Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:People always remember the winner of a championship, not the players injured on the losing team. GS had a championship win against the Cavs where Irving and Love were both hurt. No one remembers that - they remember that GS won.

No excuses regarding the Durant, Looney, and Thompson injuries. Raps have been without OG all playoffs, Lowry has a broken finger that will need surgery, and Kawhi has knee soreness. Siakam had a leg contusion against Philly and played through it.

Raps beat the best team in the NBA, and I believe the best team in the NBA since Christmas or the deadline or something along those lines. They deserve to be where they are and think they could beat a healthy GS. They did it twice in the regular season.  

I mean it's a legit excuse if you don't have 2 of your top 3 players. Again it doesn't take away from a Raptors win if they go onto win, they play with what they're dealt with. I would have bet good money on GS in 4 or 5 if they were fully healthy.

It is just as legit an excuse as what the Raptors are playing through in terms of injuries.  In my opinion it's a saw off so really not relevant on either team.

18Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:39 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ev wrote:

It is just as legit an excuse as what the Raptors are playing through in terms of injuries.  In my opinion it's a saw off so really not relevant on either team.

It's absolutely relevant, it would be like taking Kawhi and Lowry out. I want the Raptors to win, so I don't care.

19Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ev wrote:

It's absolutely relevant, it would be like taking Kawhi and Lowry out. I want the Raptors to win, so I don't care.

We'll have to agree to disagree. A two time Championship, stacked team, that runs like a well oiled machine vs. the Raptors, first time in the show with Kawhi on one leg and Lowry with a busted finger evens it out IMO but you are entitled to your thoughts.

- Unknown Author

20Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:21 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ev wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ev wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree.  A two time Championship, stacked team, that runs like a well oiled machine vs. the Raptors, first time in the show with Kawhi on one leg and Lowry with a busted finger evens it out IMO but you are entitled to your thoughts.

Let's put it this way, if this was before the series started and we knew the Warriors were going to be without Durant and Thompson for the whole series, the Raptors would have been massive favourites to win the series. This isn't hockey; stars make all the difference in the world. Also, Kawhi being a bit hurt doesn't even out Durant not playing at all for at least the first four games.

21Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:48 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Great game by the raptors. Can’t believe how poorly curry played compared to Wednesday

22Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Curry had a great game 3. Kawhi had a similar first quarter, scoring something like 14 of the team's 17 at one point. The difference is the rest of the team stepped it up the rest of the way and Kawhi didn't have to do it all like Curry did. In G4 Curry was worn out (just 2 days between 3 and 4). He will be better in G5 on a 3 day rest. But if there rest of his yeah doesn't step up there won't be G6.

23Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:35 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ev wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ev wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree.  A two time Championship, stacked team, that runs like a well oiled machine vs. the Raptors, first time in the show with Kawhi on one leg and Lowry with a busted finger evens it out IMO but you are entitled to your thoughts.

Let's put it this way, if this was before the series started and we knew the Warriors were going to be without Durant and Thompson for the whole series, the Raptors would have been massive favourites to win the series. This isn't hockey; stars make all the difference in the world. Also, Kawhi being a bit hurt doesn't even out Durant not playing at all for at least the first four games.

Warriors beat the Cavs without Irving and Love
Warriors beat the Spurs without Kawhi (pre-injury)
Warriors beat the Rockets without Paul (were down 3-2 last year)

Injuries are huge in the NBA. Sucks to be GS but the Raps beat two of the best teams in the NBA to get to where they are. This is not a fluke. So Klay missed one game. They dominated game 2 with the exception of a slump that cost them the game. They are down Durant. They have Cousins and Bogut off the bench. They're stacked. Go Raps go.

24Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What a white knuckle 4rth!

25Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did someone else leave the game besides KD? 8 heard someone mentioning an upper-something injury (thought he said upper-thigh but it was very loud).

26Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Did someone else leave the game besides KD? 8 heard someone mentioning an upper-something injury (thought he said upper-thigh but it was very loud).

Looney

27Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2019/06/11/nba-cousins-fouled-gasol-final-minute-game-5

Why can't other leagues be as open and honest about mistakes?

- Unknown Author

28Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Did someone else leave the game besides KD? 8 heard someone mentioning an upper-something injury (thought he said upper-thigh but it was very loud).

Looney

Is it a life threatening ligament injury or is it ok to cheer a little?

29Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy crap, that's awesome!!!

30Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seeing the leafs chairman lifting the trophy before players is gross

31Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:50 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Seeing the leafs chairman lifting the trophy before players is gross

Isn’t that something that’s common in the NBA? I don’t know.

Well I guess one team can win in Toronto Sarcasm

32Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Toronto. What a deplorable city. Multiple separate shootings during the parade. Speeches and celebration continue as the sports media ignores the violence of so-called great city.

33Toronto Raptors - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Raptors Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd bet it's gang related. We've got that in Ottawa, too. Just an order of magnitude less.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum