GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I heard Brannstrom interviewed on the Home Tour or whatever it's called saying he prefers the left. Maybe he knows there are more opportunities playing on the right - especially on the last pairing with someone like Hainsey. I just don't see where Wolanin and Brann both fit in with Boro, Chabot, Hainsey, Zaitsev, De Melo all on one-ways and Jaros having a full NHL season under his belt.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I heard Brannstrom interviewed on the Home Tour or whatever it's called saying he prefers the left. Maybe he knows there are more opportunities playing on the right - especially on the last pairing with someone like Hainsey. I just don't see where Wolanin and Brann both fit in with Boro, Chabot, Hainsey, Zaitsev, De Melo all on one-ways and Jaros having a full NHL season under his belt.

Yeah, there's no room until there are injuries and he needs some time in the AHL IMO. He had what would be considered a really strong 50 games in the AHL last season, but it certainly wouldn't hurt him to get another 30 under his belt after his injury last year.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Dorion also confirmed in that interview  that Brannstrom prefers the right side. Maybe the Sens rather have him on the left side but maybe Brannstrom slides up faster on the right. Or so he hopes.

Dorion's such a windbag though, I don't believe a word he says anymore.  Smug little smile that I'd love to erase from his mouth.  Boxing

Well I heard Brannstrom say the same thing though. So I wonder if there’s a point where they might try that. Could there be a world where we have a Chabot - Brannstrom pairing one day?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Dorion also confirmed in that interview  that Brannstrom prefers the right side. Maybe the Sens rather have him on the left side but maybe Brannstrom slides up faster on the right. Or so he hopes.

Dorion's such a windbag though, I don't believe a word he says anymore.  Smug little smile that I'd love to erase from his mouth.  Boxing

Well I heard Brannstrom say the same thing though. So I wonder if there’s a point where they might try that. Could there be a world where we have a Chabot - Brannstrom pairing one day?

Yeah, by the trade deadline imo. Clearly they're the two best in the system, let em go. And then wolanin bolstering line 2. Beauty.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so apparently the sens are gonna go with no captain and 3 older guys will wear the A's?

my bets are on Pageau, Hainsey and Boro. anyone has anything different?

I doubt they give one to Ryan and I can't see Anisimov walking into town and getting an A. Hainsey they are gonna lean on a lot for te young D so it makes sense.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd guess boro, Ryan and pageau .

My guess is tkachuk will be named captain at the draft next year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Definitely Pageau and Boro. Ryan over Hainsey because he's been here longer and will stay here longer.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

They posted on twitter it's Boro pageau and Hainsey. Does it concern anyone else that by making Boro the Alternate that they are less likely to sit him in favor of the younger guys

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

ya it's upsetting that Dorion seems to hire the same type of coach. Always preaching accountability whereas I'd like a coach that let's the kids off the leash a little.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I also think Boro plays way too many games this year. I personally think vet leadership is overrated. They have Boro, Ennis, Ryan, Hainsey, Boedker, Anderson. That's way more 'vets' than this team needs right now. I'll be really upset if Boro plays more than 40 games if it means Wolanin, Jaros or Brannstrom are scratched.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

my bets are on Pageau, Hainsey and Boro.  anyone has anything different?

Ha, good call.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I also think Boro plays way too many games this year. I personally think vet leadership is overrated. They have Boro, Ennis, Ryan, Hainsey, Boedker, Anderson. That's way more 'vets' than this team needs right now. I'll be really upset if Boro plays more than 40 games if it means Wolanin, Jaros or Brannstrom are scratched.

Such a double edged sword though (all IMO). I think a team will wilt and die without seasoned veterans to pat young players on the shoulder when the going gets bad and say to relax and how to work through it - and maybe more importantly to calm them down when they've won 6 straight (lol) or whatever to center them. It can't always fall on the coaching staff. It's like an owner/manager of a store can't always be telling the employees when they've done well or when they've screwed up - soon there's a resentment no matter what, so you have assistant managers do it, I feel this is similar.

Ryan needs to be one of the leaders and I'm personally stunned Smith gave the A to Hainsey - who is only here for a year or less in theory - over a guy who still has 3 more years and over 22 million owed and who also has a history of being a quiet leader on the team, but I guess Smith really loves Hainsey - and that's fine by me.

Again, I have several acquaintances who are friends and who didn't give a Dung about Zaitsev or Ennis, but really cared about Hainsey, so perhaps we don't understand here yet what he brings.

Who knows...early morning musings though for sure in what is an exciting time for hockey fans.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wolanin is out 4 months with a torn labrum.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brannstrom is paired with Hainsey which points at the possibility of him stocking with the team and playing on the third pairing.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

That's awful for wolanin. Gives Brannstrom a better chance to make the team

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Wolanin is out 4 months with a torn labrum.

Aw for Diddle sake. Diddle it all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's Pageau all over again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle that really blows. I wanted Brannstrom in the AHL until at least December too. Diddle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum