GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
When does the Sens main camp open?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:My guess is 4 x 7.5M. Sens retain his RFA right and he decides to sign a one year deal or longer term deal to stay with the Sens. The sens won't take his contract to UFA. There's no way.

Huh? Why not? They just did that with White.
They went one year past UFA. They bought an extra year. So technically they aren’t taking him to his first UFA year. (Which I think it’s what he means)

No they are, he’s a UFA at the end of the deal. If you sign chabot for 5-8 years he’s a UfA at the end of the deal

I think the Sens try to sign him to deal that expires while the Sens still own his RFA rights. Similar to what they did with Stone

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:My guess is 4 x 7.5M. Sens retain his RFA right and he decides to sign a one year deal or longer term deal to stay with the Sens. The sens won't take his contract to UFA. There's no way.

They went one year past UFA. They bought an extra year. So technically they aren’t taking him to his first UFA year. (Which I think it’s what he means)

No they are, he’s a UFA at the end of the deal. If you sign chabot for 5-8 years he’s a UfA at the end of the deal

I think the Sens try to sign him to deal that expires while the Sens still own his RFA rights. Similar to what they did with Stone

I don’t see it like that since Chabot is far more proven /better at the same age. Stone wasn’t thought about as a max deal kinda guy then

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

had they gone 5 years with white he would have been a UFA. They got an extra year. Is that clearer?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

I don’t see it like that since Chabot is far more proven /better at the same age. Stone wasn’t thought about as a max deal kinda guy then

Doesn't matter. It gives Ottawa the same opportunity to trade him before losing him to UFA if they feel they can't get a deal done. They may overpay him slightly in order to keep him under contract until his last year of RFA eligibility. I just see Dorion trying to do something like this, and Chabot being okay with it so he can get another big contract down the road. I am not sure you see a lot of players signing these 8 year contracts until they are in their mid-to-late 20's.

Vegas is going to hate that Stone contract in 5 years when he's making that kind of money at 33/34 years old. I think they're already starting to see it with Pacioretty and he's only 30.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
Lagoon wrote:When does the Sens main camp open?

Medicals on Sept. 13th and first pre-season game on Sept. 17th.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:When does the Sens main camp open?

Medicals on Sept. 13th and first pre-season game on Sept. 17th.

Thank you.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So, as well as kyprios Doug Maclean is also leaving? Is this xmas or something? Here’s hoping they bring in some talented guys (or girls) Instead of a bunch of blowhard talking heads. I for one can’t say I’m disappointed. It’s been a long time coming. So much Dung coming out of both of those guys mouths.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:So, as well as kyprios Doug Maclean is also leaving? Is this xmas or something? Here’s hoping they bring in some talented guys (or girls) Instead of a bunch of blowhard talking heads. I for one can’t say I’m disappointed. It’s been a long time coming. So much Dung coming out of both of those guys mouths.

Yeah, they were dinosaurs.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Lassi likes to shoot the puck. He reminds me lot of Dougie Hamilton that way. Big differences between them are Hamilton hits more, but Lassi has the harder shot. That’s about it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Lassi likes to shoot the puck. He reminds me lot of Dougie Hamilton that way. Big differences between them are Hamilton hits more, but Lassi has the harder shot. That’s about it.

I knew nothing about him before the draft but have been impressed when I have seen him since. Great shot and can move well, is skating all over the ice.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Lassi likes to shoot the puck. He reminds me lot of Dougie Hamilton that way. Big differences between them are Hamilton hits more, but Lassi has the harder shot. That’s about it.

I knew nothing about him before the draft but have been impressed when I have seen him since. Great shot and can move well, is skating all over the ice.

I'm personally disappointed that he won't be at the rookie camp, but happy for his choice to develop over in Finland. Brannstrom better stand out in camp this year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Rookie%20camp%20roster_one_pager.pdf

For some reason I felt that the rookie tournament would have more of our Belleville prospects. That D looks shakey. Haven’t seen the other teams prospects but can’t say that’s overly exciting.

Oh and I know, it’s about evaluating not necessarily winning games. But it’s always fun.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Rookie%20camp%20roster_one_pager.pdf

For some reason I felt that the rookie tournament would have more of our Belleville prospects. That D looks shakey. Haven’t seen the other teams prospects but can’t say that’s overly exciting.

Oh and I know, it’s about evaluating not necessarily winning games. But it’s always fun.

The D is bad because their top 3 prospects are not there.

The forwards and goalie are stacked.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Rookie%20camp%20roster_one_pager.pdf

Never mind, Winnipeg and Montreal’s roster looks worse.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
by 3 best I meant next 3 after Brannstrom lol

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:

Everytime I watch him, he seems to be behind the opposition net more than he is on the offensive blueline. Ahhhhh!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Only 2 of our D at the camp are actually ours. The rest are tryouts (well except if you consider mike’s Gendron ours or not).
That’s a little weak. I still believe that we should be drafting some more D next year with our second rounders.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum