GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:I’m warming up to the idea of Brown because Leafs fans are losing their Dung about him being traded lol

Brown is a good energy and role player. But it’s not enough to take on Zaitsev and help the Leafs sign Marner IMO.

Maybe not, but I didn't think Marner was about money unless I interpreted that incorrectly. I thought it was just term

The Marner situation is about lots of things, cap room, money and term. Now that the Leafs have cap room, a clearer picture can assist in negotiating and compromise.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:I’m warming up to the idea of Brown because Leafs fans are losing their Dung about him being traded lol

Brown is a good energy and role player. But it’s not enough to take on Zaitsev and help the Leafs sign Marner IMO.

Maybe not, but I didn't think Marner was about money unless I interpreted that incorrectly. I thought it was just term

The Marner situation is about lots of things, cap room, money and term. Now that the Leafs have cap room, a clearer picture can assist in negotiating and compromise.

I'd have to ask again - who are you replacing Zaitsev's over 20 minutes a game with? It's not cap space until the Leafs can answer that internally. That cap space is reserved for...Zaitsev's replacement.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Or maybe they have a deal for Nylander for a D-man on the table. I guess we'll see. Certainly free agency and July 1st is always an interesting time in the NHL.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:at least I can finally stop hearing about ceci. Man, he wasn’t good but he was attacked way too harshly IM9

Was he ever attacked.  If I was him I'd be glad to get out.  I'd also be praying to get away from Toronto

If you think ceci had it bad in Ottawa he’s about to meet his maker in TO

Ceci won’t play a single minute for the Leafs in my opinion. I said it about two pages ago. It will go the way of Doug Wilson and Dubas will embarrass Dorion by flipping Ceci for actual useful picks, or if Ceci files for arbitration, the Leafs will walk away and Ceci can be a UFA and he can eventually retire when nobody wants him in the NHL.

a) are you allowed to trade a player coming off arbitration - if it goes to arb?

b) what kind of a pick are you getting for Cody Ceci - legitimate question.

c) he becomes a UFA and you clear the salary - although Condon should be going their way IMO, but still, you clear the salary and then what?  You try to trade for a good D-man?  You try to sign one (good luck there)?  You promote a rookie into top 4 minutes?  Risky, risky, risk.  I get the trade from a Toronto POV, but they're looking terrible on the back end.  A clown run organization for different reasons than Ottawa in that they have too much money and make stupid decisions - quite regularly.

A) once he files, if he does, he can’t be traded. They’d either have to sign him or walk away from the ruling. The deadline to file is July 5, so the Leafs will have 5 days to trade him. This is a very abbreviated answer to a very detailed proper response however. Between qualifying offers and arbitrated awards there are many more rules. For now, yes, he can be traded before July 5th at 5pm.

B) Don’t know this market.

C) Yes, I think the Leafs love Sandin and Liljegren, but Rosen is ready now.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Or maybe they have a deal for Nylander for a D-man on the table.  I guess we'll see.  Certainly free agency and July 1st is always an interesting time in the NHL.

Meh, I doubt they deal Nylander.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dubas hasn’t shown that he’s anything better than Dorion. Good drafting but he’s somewhat overpaid on trades. Still a little young in his tenure to really say anything but at least his coming from a position where’s he’s not disadvantaged by ownership.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Or maybe they have a deal for Nylander for a D-man on the table.  I guess we'll see.  Certainly free agency and July 1st is always an interesting time in the NHL.

Meh, I doubt they deal Nylander.
I do too. I think they keep Marner also. They are going to be that team that scores a lot of goals during the season with an average D and it will all fall apart in the off-season.
They’re trying for the Pittsburgh model. Just unsuccessfully.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The Pittsburgh model had Crosby. Who was, is and will be a better leader than Matthews.

Circling back on Zaitsev, 2 times KHL all-star, led all D-men in playoff scoring. He is not a shut down guy by any stretch. His first year in Toronto he got 36 points. That's good first year playing NA hockey. His second year he was injured and missed 17 games, so who knows.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dreger seems to think leafs would sign ceci

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I’m not saying Zaitsev is a bad player, I’m saying don’t help Toronto without making them pay. I will continue to be a fan of Ottawa albeit a pissed off one until I see what the + Dorion was able to get from Toronto is, as this deal allows them to sign Marner.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:Dreger seems to think leafs would sign ceci

I think he is wrong unless Ceci only wants to be paid 3 million AAV. His QO alone is 4.3 I think. I haven’t checked because I hate Ceci.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Toronto is not making this trade to save $200K.  The only reason for this trade is Ceci's 0 years term.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I also feel that helping the Leafs achieve their team building goals is a *good* thing. Let them try to win with four forwards taking up nearly half of the cap. Just let them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I really cant understand who would play d for Toronto next year. It could get laughable

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:I really cant understand who would play d for Toronto next year.  It could get laughable

Ceci, Reilly, muzzin, Dermott, rosen my guess. Just terrible. I'd take Ottawa's d over Toronto's any day of the week

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Any chance Ottawa flips Zaitsev to Edmonton since they have been rumoured to be trying to get him

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Any chance Ottawa flips Zaitsev to Edmonton since they have been rumoured to be trying to get him

That would be hilarious, but Smith apparently has been lobbying for this player so I doubt it

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I really cant understand who would play d for Toronto next year.  It could get laughable

Ceci, Reilly, muzzin, Dermott, rosen my guess. Just terrible. I'd take Ottawa's d over Toronto's any day of the week

Horrific

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum