GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is the litmus test.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

at least I can finally stop hearing about ceci. Man, he wasn’t good but he was attacked way too harshly IM9

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Who was Zaitsev payers with in Toronto? This guy played several years for CSKA Moscow. That's like playing for the Rangers. When they were good. You don't play for the top team (standings as well as prestige) unless you've shown something. Smith is a former D-man. Maybe he knows something that's not readily apparent to others.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Who was Zaitsev payers with in Toronto? This guy played several years for CSKA Moscow. That's like playing for the Rangers.  When they were good. You don't play for the top team (standings as well as prestige) unless you've shown something. Smith is a former D-man. Maybe he knows something that's not readily apparent to others.

When zaitsev was being misused it was Smith as defensive coach though. The word seems to be he can be salvaged, but not as a shutdown d as he was being used.

Like ceci...basically exactly

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:at least I can finally stop hearing about ceci. Man, he wasn’t good but he was attacked way too harshly IM9

Was he ever attacked. If I was him I'd be glad to get out. I'd also be praying to get away from Toronto

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:at least I can finally stop hearing about ceci. Man, he wasn’t good but he was attacked way too harshly IM9

Was he ever attacked.  If I was him I'd be glad to get out.  I'd also be praying to get away from Toronto

If you think ceci had it bad in Ottawa he’s about to meet his maker in TO

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Was he ever attacked.  If I was him I'd be glad to get out.  I'd also be praying to get away from Toronto

Yeah, I think he needs to get as far away from Toronto as humanly possible. Which should be an option, if not this summer, the next - or in the year when they can trade him. He can't survive in Toronto, it's not even funny actually, he'll get eaten alive.

It's too bad too, he needs to really work on the details of his game if he's ever to get better - and statistically he simply must to stay in the league - and he can't do that in Toronto.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m warming up to the idea of Brown because Leafs fans are losing their Dung about him being traded lol

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Ceci won’t play a single minute for the Leafs in my opinion. I said it about two pages ago. It will go the way of Doug Wilson and Dubas will embarrass Dorion by flipping Ceci for actual useful picks, or if Ceci files for arbitration, the Leafs will walk away and Ceci can be a UFA and he can eventually retire when nobody wants him in the NHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:I’m warming up to the idea of Brown because Leafs fans are losing their Dung about him being traded lol

I see that, yeah. Really hoping Dorion can get a 2nd as well though.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I’m warming up to the idea of Brown because Leafs fans are losing their Dung about him being traded lol

Brown is a good energy and role player. But it’s not enough to take on Zaitsev and help the Leafs sign Marner IMO.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Ceci won’t play a single minute for the Leafs in my opinion. I said it about two pages ago. It will go the way of Doug Wilson and Dubas will embarrass Dorion by flipping Ceci for actual useful picks, or if Ceci files for arbitration, the Leafs will walk away and Ceci can be a UFA and he can eventually retire when nobody wants him in the NHL.

I don't see how that would be comparable to the Hoffman trade. It is irrelevant what Toronto does with CecI in my opinion. The sweetener they get will likely be better than any pick they get for Ceci

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

Brown is a good energy and role player. But it’s not enough to take on Zaitsev and help the Leafs sign Marner IMO.

Maybe not, but I didn't think Marner was about money unless I interpreted that incorrectly. I thought it was just term

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

a) are you allowed to trade a player coming off arbitration - if it goes to arb?

b) what kind of a pick are you getting for Cody Ceci - legitimate question.

c) he becomes a UFA and you clear the salary - although Condon should be going their way IMO, but still, you clear the salary and then what? You try to trade for a good D-man? You try to sign one (good luck there)? You promote a rookie into top 4 minutes? Risky, risky, risk. I get the trade from a Toronto POV, but they're looking terrible on the back end. A clown run organization for different reasons than Ottawa in that they have too much money and make stupid decisions - quite regularly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:

I would agree.  You need another prospect in there - a top 10 ranked Toronto prospect or a 2nd rounder.  I would stand firm on this if I was Dorion.  And I'd try to sneak Condon in there too.

I feel as if that's not gonna happen though. I think they get Brown and Zaitsev for Ceci's rights and Harper and that's that.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Maybe not, but I didn't think Marner was about money unless I interpreted that incorrectly. I thought it was just term

The Marner situation is about lots of things, cap room, money and term. Now that the Leafs have cap room, a clearer picture can assist in negotiating and compromise.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

The Marner situation is about lots of things, cap room, money and term. Now that the Leafs have cap room, a clearer picture can assist in negotiating and compromise.

I'd have to ask again - who are you replacing Zaitsev's over 20 minutes a game with? It's not cap space until the Leafs can answer that internally. That cap space is reserved for...Zaitsev's replacement.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or maybe they have a deal for Nylander for a D-man on the table. I guess we'll see. Certainly free agency and July 1st is always an interesting time in the NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum