GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:How about them Raptors though!  Win game one of the finals!!

I did not watch a second of the game because I assumed they'd be outplayed like they normally are in game 1s. I had very little faith in them coming into the Finals. I will likely watch the rest of the way though, as they're making believers out of everyone. What a cool thing...and they earned it, not like Vegas last year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Asset management in Raptors land. Only one of their starters was drafted by the Raptors (Siakam) and he was a late 2nd rd pick. Van Vleet was undrafted, Norman Powell was a late 2nd rd pick, McCaw was picked up off waivers, etc. Ujiri took gambles via trade, stockpiled assets, and their coaching staff/player development has been off the hook. They deserve to be where they are absolutely.

As for the Sens, no reason they can't follow this model. They have all the assets in the world now to make big moves, lots of cap space, etc. If only they had good player development, a competent GM, and an owner committed to winning. Sigh

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Asset management in Raptors land. Only one of their starters was drafted by the Raptors (Siakam) and he was a late 2nd rd pick. Van Vleet was undrafted, Norman Powell was a late 2nd rd pick, McCaw was picked up off waivers, etc. Ujiri took gambles via trade, stockpiled assets, and their coaching staff/player development has been off the hook. They deserve to be where they are absolutely.

As for the Sens, no reason they can't follow this model. They have all the assets in the world now to make big moves, lots of cap space, etc. If only they had good player development, a competent GM, and an owner committed to winning. Sigh  

they have money, owned by Canada's media monopoly. They'll probably be like the Jays and only spend it when they are good, though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So what's with all the rumors that the Sens are in negotiations with DevCor and that all decisions have to go through Bettman? I know nothing is official until Bobby Margarita tweets about it, but there's always hope.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
How about them Raptors? And how about the fact that Other Sports forum only has topics for soccer and baseball? Tried to add one for the NBA but can't figure it out. Did the forum have to be put "under construction" to add topics?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:So what's with all the rumors that the Sens are in negotiations with DevCor and that all decisions have to go through Bettman? I know nothing is official until Bobby Margarita tweets about it, but there's always hope.

I heard it too. In fact it's all over reddit. But I won't believe it until I see it. I hope it happens before 01 July so we can attract some free agents this summer.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Maybe it's everywhere where you guys are but here in Fredericton this is the first I have heard of it any links. I would like to read some

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
yeah ive heard nothing in mtl about it.

sometimes i feel like theres a snowball effect from people wanting something so much that tiny rumors started by well wishers take grand proportions. even though i hope something like this could happen. at least sell a majority portion of the team

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
All it is is a reddit post. Probably nothing. He was apparently right about a helicopter though.

https://reddit.com/r/OttawaSenators/comments/bv85gd/a_guy_at_work_plays_thursday_night_hockey_with/

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Wow, do I ever not care for these rumours to kick up again. I'll hope they're true, but I'll assume they're BS.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:How about them Raptors? And how about the fact that Other Sports forum only has topics for soccer and baseball?  Tried to add one for the NBA but can't figure it out. Did the forum have to be put "under construction" to add topics?

Done!

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:How about them Raptors? And how about the fact that Other Sports forum only has topics for soccer and baseball?  Tried to add one for the NBA but can't figure it out. Did the forum have to be put "under construction" to add topics?

Done!

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-off-season-watch-too-early-to-panic-on-patrik-laine-rumours-1.1316352

I for one, would welcome back our Swedish overlord back. Mtl.... not so much. Although that might finally shut them up about who’s better, him or PK.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-off-season-watch-too-early-to-panic-on-patrik-laine-rumours-1.1316352

If this could actually happen it would be great. They should also push hard for the pair of Panaren and Bobrovski. Then dump Anderson/buy out whatever.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The only way I see EK65 back in a Sens jersey is with a new owner. Imagine a new owner swooping in this summer and signing EK65 back. It might be a mistake long-term, but man...it'd certainly be a great way to ingratiate yourself to fans! Oh, and he can sign Duchene at the same time. Oh, and Bobrovsky. Cool.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:The only way I see EK65 back in a Sens jersey is with a new owner.  Imagine a new owner swooping in this summer and signing EK65 back.  It might be a mistake long-term, but man...it'd certainly be a great way to ingratiate yourself to fans!  Oh, and he can sign Duchene at the same time.  Oh, and Bobrovsky.  Cool.

Don't forget about Panerin!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Good on Marc Crawford for joining the Blackhawks.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Good on Marc Crawford for joining the Blackhawks.

Good spot for him

As for EK, I wouldn't bet on it but stranger things have happened. Maybe being away for a year changes things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum