GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought it was all but a slam dunk that yzerman would go back to Detroit where his family is, but yeah hed be good

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Was it this site that some tried to pretend that Yzerman wasn’t an extremely good GM?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Probably, but no point talking about him as he's going to Detroit.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Probably, but no point talking about him as he's going to Detroit.

Maybe Uncle Euge will make him an offer he can't refuse!!!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I thought it was all but a slam dunk that yzerman would go back to Detroit where his family is, but yeah hed be good

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:The Rangers are terrible and tkathuck is a huge bunghole lol

That sums it up nicely.

There were a bunch of names mentioned yesterday in the media that the Sens are looking at for their new President...Dean Lombardi, Ron Francis, Steve Yzerman, etc.  Stevie Y would be my pick, hands-down, no contest.  That said, I can't see him working for Melnyk.  

It was interesting...back when Tampa hired Stevie Y as their GM, I thought what a great fit he would've been for the Sens, but Bryan Murray was still the GM at the time and then stepped down the following year as his cancer progressed.

yeah and Friedman yesterday pretty much said all those guys turned down the offer.

we are gonna wind up with a second rate applicant.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Was it this site that some tried to pretend that Yzerman wasn’t an extremely good GM?

Starting off with Hedman and Stamkos will never, ever hurt your stance as a GM, but he's a good negotiator.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Was it this site that some tried to pretend that Yzerman wasn’t an extremely good GM?

Starting off with Hedman and Stamkos will never, ever hurt your stance as a GM, but he's a good negotiator.

It didn’t help Dorion with Karlsson and Stone.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Duclair with another goal tonight. Really hope we sign him to a one year deal

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Duclair with another goal tonight. Really hope we sign him to a one year deal

I think it’s a no brainer at this point. He’s an RFA, we can use him and he might have some potential trade value next year if he continues on that swing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

It didn’t help Dorion with Karlsson and Stone.

Lol, I love Stone as much as anyone but come on...

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm not sure if having Condon come back would be a great idea. He will not have played against NHL caliber players for nearly a year while hoping his health holds up.

https://www.tsn.ca/condon-determined-to-return-to-the-nhl-with-sens-1.1285715

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:I'm not sure if having Condon come back would be a great idea. He will not have played against NHL caliber players for nearly a year while hoping his health holds up.

https://www.tsn.ca/condon-determined-to-return-to-the-nhl-with-sens-1.1285715

I'm pretty sure he'll be bought out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They could have saved a ton of money buying out Ryan, Smith, others. But they have not. This may be different, though, because they need room for a lot of goalies to develop. On the other hand they will need a goalie to expose in the expansion draft.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And a healthy Condon, playing like he did 2 years ago, could be a valuable trade chip.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think I’d rather have a healthy Condon playing in Ottawa next year as opposed to a buy out.

I’m not overly optimistic about just having Hogberg as a back up. I’d rather work him in throughout the season with injuries. We’ll see I guess.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Last game to the season... it’s painful. it’s going to be a long summer with probably little action apart from the draft. And even then. Next year’s draft is shaking out to be more exciting for us.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The one thing about keeping Condon is we'd have to let Nilsson walk.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum