GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RedBlacks 2019 Season

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:36 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ugh! Chance to win and with a 4 point lead they concede the safety. Then lose when Calgary scores a field goal.

The defense held them out of the end zone the whole night. Why not trust them?

17RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:47 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ugh! Chance to win and with a 4 point lead they concede the safety. Then lose when Calgary scores a field goal.

The defense held them out of the end zone the whole night. Why not trust them?

Yeah. I wouldn't have chose to concede the safety. That said, if you elect to punt out of your endzone and it gets blocked or whatever, then you look like an idiot too...it was a tough spot and just so happened that Campbell's decision blew up in his face.

18RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:41 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

That's more like it. Win a game against a division opponent and knock out their starting quarterback at the same time.

Davis must be leaving the league in interceptions by now.

19RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Aaand we're back.

20RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oof! I actually started flipping to the Toronto-Montreal MLS game. Boring as hell but at least it didn't provoke me to screaming obscenities at the tv.

21RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jennings taking over for Davis. At 3-7 it's likely too late to salvage the season. Gotta pass either Montreal (5-4) or Edmonton (6-5).

22RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think we can lock this thread down. They are done.

23RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Campbell getting the axe for all of Desjardins' mistakes.

24RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:01 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Campbell getting the axe for all of Desjardins' mistakes.

It's now being reported that this was Campbell's decision to step down...which almost never happens with a coach still under contract, so I'm guessing Campbell has something else lined up somewhere?

25RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hank said Desjardins was throwing Campbell under the bus for this season. If ownership backed three GM Campbell may have seen the writing on the wall. Or maybe he said him or me. In any case, if there was any truth in what Hank said this would have been a bad work environment.

But I would not be surprised if Edmonton suddenly had an opening.

26RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:24 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So if it IS Campbell quitting (i.e. his own decision), then he loses his salary for the upcoming season. He obviously wouldn’t do this unless he had other employment lined up (or the working environment was really that bad, but I don’t see that being the case).

If the Redblacks fired him, he gets paycheques for the upcoming season, unless he was hired on somewhere else. You rarely see coaches with term left on their contracts quit.

27RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:53 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So if it IS Campbell quitting (i.e. his own decision), then he loses his salary for the upcoming season.  He obviously wouldn’t do this unless he had other employment lined up (or the working environment was really that bad, but I don’t see that being the case).  

If the Redblacks fired him, he gets paycheques for the upcoming season, unless he was hired on somewhere else.  You rarely see coaches with term left on their contracts quit.  

Not that anyone really cares at this point, but it appears that he WILL be paid unless he gets another job, which 100% means that this was the team’s idea to have him “step down” and he’s not doing this as his own decision (although he might agree that its best for him and the team).

28RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hank on TSN1200 says Campbell could still come back to Ottawa, pending "changes that would have to happen". JR send clarification (confirmation, really), asking "Are you saying...that Marcel Desjardins would no longer be the general manager?" And Hank replies "I'm saying that without saying that, yes I am."

Probably not gonna happen, but that's a great quote, yes it is.

29RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maas is out in Edmonton and Campbell is available. Hmmmm.

30RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

BC Lions hire Rick Campbell as their new HC.

31RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

RedBlacks to hire Paul Lapolice as their head coach. Lapolice was Winnipeg's Offensive Coordinator (he's also been their head coach).

32RedBlacks 2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

RedBlacks aquire rights to Calgary backup Nick Arbuckle (he did pretty well when BLM was injured early on the season).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum