GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I pretty much agree with Bobs rankings almost bang on to be honest. Especially the top 6 but maybe swap Raymond and Perfetti

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I pretty much agree with Bobs rankings almost bang on to be honest. Especially the top 6 but maybe swap Raymond and Perfetti

We don’t put too much stock in a ranking system that had 2 of 10 scouts with Byfield ranked 6th and another 2 of 10 scouts with Sanderson ranked 3rd. That’s 3rd overall btw, not 3rd best Dman.

That’s Toronto level scouting bad.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

And should clarify that just because I love Rossi, doesn’t mean I don’t love Stutzle. Stutzle will be a highlight reel. We will be getting two elites players and maybe even a 3rd with the Isles pick.

If I had my choice, this is the combos I want in order.
With 1st overall
1 Lafreniere and Byfield
2 Lafreniere and Rossi
With 2nd overall
3 Byfield and Raymond
4 Byfield and Holtz
5 Byfield and Rossi

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Im good with any combination as long as Drysdale and perfetti are not included. We're walking out with a 1C and ankthtetelite forward.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Does Quinton Byfield play the full next season in the NHL?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Does Quinton Byfield play the full next season in the NHL?

No. He'll dominate the ohl for another year and be a leader at the world Juniors

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

No. I’m 100% committed to my opinion of that. I can’t see any lottery team doing that to him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Byfield is a freak athlete but from what I've read he's been slow to adapt and needs good mentorship. Another year in the O wouldn't hurt him

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think he needs a year to dig his heels in and learn how to compete

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think he needs a year to dig his heels in and learn how to compete

My signature stands, but I just don’t really like your wording. Players his size normally dominate the OHL with their physical gifts. Byfield is the rare creature that as big as he is, only currently dominates his peers with his skill alone. What he needs is to learn how to dominate with his size as well.

Hopefully he can get on a better team and just lay waste to the league in every aspect of his arsenal.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think he needs a year to dig his heels in and learn how to compete

My signature stands, but I just don’t really like your wording. Players his size normally dominate the OHL with their physical gifts. Byfield is the rare creature that as big as he is, only currently dominates his peers with his skill alone. What he needs is to learn how to dominate with his size as well.

Hopefully he can get on a better team and just lay waste to the league in every aspect of his arsenal.

Exactly. I went to see him hit, I want to see him lay it all out on the line and do what it takes to be the best player every night. I want to see him do what Laf did at the wjhc and be a presence in all three zones and be a leader

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

he could play Oct - Dec in the OHL and then finish the year in the NHL

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Yeah, that's a great point. All these other leagues could start well before the NHL. Interesting. I guess junior players can ditch their junior teams for a while to attend NHL training camps whenever they open, and then be sent back to junior or stick with the NHL clubs?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yeah, that's a great point.  All these other leagues could start well before the NHL.  Interesting.  I guess junior players can ditch their junior teams for a while to attend NHL training camps whenever they open, and then be sent back to junior or stick with the NHL clubs?

Yes, I think that's how it worked for the 2013 lockout half-season

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I mentioned this weeks ago as well, but some of these guys might sign overseas just to start playing again as well. Most of those leagues start a good month before I anticipate the CHL having their dung together.

Rossi, who by the way is the first ever Euro OHL scoring champion is one that may go back home for a little bit. Since we are on Rossi, let it be known that over the last decade, his 2.14 points per game for draft year eligibles is second to only Connor McDavid. That’s ahead of Marner, Hall, Strome, M. Tkachuk, Byfield, Perfetti and everybody else that ever played in the OHL during their draft year over the last decade. Decent.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tomorrow.... big day.
I can’t watch it live. Anyone know if there’s gonna be a live blog?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sure a few TSN regulars will be live tweeting. Plus it's going to be on TSN.ca, isn't it?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I'm sure a few TSN regulars will be live tweeting. Plus it's going to be on TSN.ca, isn't it?

I thought it was going to be on Sportsnet but I could be wrong. I am not sure if my stomach or heart can handle watching tonight

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum