GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It depends on need. I think people underrate how important a good goalie is. A key save or two could be the difference between winning and losing a game

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It depends on need. I think people underrate how important a good goalie is. A key save or two could be the difference between winning and losing a game
Sure, but a guy that comes that high and will likely wind up on a
High contract is gonna eat away money that usually isn’t necessarily associated with goalies. Take a bow Carey price.
Of course he’ll be on a smaller contract first but show me the goalies that were legitimate stars on their entry level contracts? Montréal had maybe 1 or two good years before he cashed in? Carter heart is proving he’s not ready either.

Vasilevsky played the backup role for a while.

I’d just rather spread my eggs into different baskets than have a superstar goalie (at the cost of another possible superstar forward which will be available at that spot) of course if he falls to our lap later on maybe, I’m quite satisfied with our Goalie depth for now. Nothing wrong with picking another on the later rounds but I think we’ve got bigger fish to fry.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I’ve never seen a goalie that skates that well on their knees. His pushes and coverage are incredible. He is extremely athletic and agile. I want him. He could easily go 5th and depending on the team, 3rd or 4th.

This draft class is mind boggling.
You would take him above the plethoras of forwards that would be available?
I certainly wouldn’t.
I think he’s great but it’s an area of need that hasn’t been hard to address in years via low priced trade or FA if need be.

Yes. Only Lafreniere and Byfield have no questions in their game that can’t be addressed. Askarov is no different than Raymond, Lundell or Holtz. He’s in that group, with Raymond having the slight advantage. Distinguishing between them, I could agree with you for hours about.

Well just in terms of needs I would pass on him.

I’m a strong believer that you do not waste a top pick on a goalie. They develop differently and can be had at a lower cost outside of the top 10(especially on a draft like this one)

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ottawa should not take him that high, I agree. All I’m saying is whoever lands in 3,4,5 and 6 might. He’s worth it to that franchise.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Ottawa should not take him that high, I agree. All I’m saying is whoever lands in 3,4,5 and 6 might. He’s worth it to that franchise.

SJ is making quite the charge, and realistically speaking Ottawa will probably draft in the 4-8 range. If the top three is Laf, Byfield, and Raymond, do you take him at 4-6? The answer is probably no, but if he's available at 7-8 then it's a maybe. But if Ottawa has two top-eight picks I'd certainly do it.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

3 points each for abramov and Batherson. Norris and formenton with goals. Bsens win

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:3 points each for abramov and Batherson. Norris and formenton with goals. Bsens win

Nice night all around!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

4 points for Batherson and Abramov. Batherson 4th in ahl scoring now with 21 with 4 games in hand on the leader who has 25.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:4 points for Batherson and Abramov.  Batherson 4th in ahl scoring now with 21 with 4 games in hand on the leader who has 25.

T'was an excellent night for the entire organization.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm still surprised at how aggressive lajoie was. Good stuff

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Pinto, JBD, Gruden and Tychonik all having nice starts to the season

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I'm still surprised at how aggressive lajoie was.  Good stuff
I don’t watch him in Belleville but maybe his style is better suited to the NHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It wasnt before he was sent down. I assume Mann has worked hard to get him prepared to be an nhler. We'll see though, such a tiny sample size and the rangers looked disinterested

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The right people are scoring down in Belleville. Formenton and Balcers each with two points (1g, 1a) as they win a 2-1 game. Norris and Formenton are putting up great numbers for rookies - Batherson top five in scoring.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Belleville came back to beat the rocket. That’s as good as it’s gonna get for us.
Formenton with 2 goals and the GWG. I’m glad they are letting him develop down there. Es the type of player that will probably become more offensive staying down there.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Belleville came back to beat the rocket. That’s as good as it’s gonna get for us.
Formenton with 2 goals and the GWG. I’m glad they are letting him develop down there. Es the type of player that will probably become more offensive staying down there.

Colin White could use a bit of AHL time, but I doubt it actually happens. Great to see Belleville rolling.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Norris really showing well in his rookie pro year. Very impressive.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Belleville came back to beat the rocket. That’s as good as it’s gonna get for us.

Colin White could use a bit of AHL time, but I doubt it actually happens.  Great to see Belleville rolling.

I think there's no chance of that happening, it would be unprecedented and IMO make no sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum