GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guy Smiley

+3
PTFlea
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

16Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:43 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Get me a good deal on a Mustang convertible?

If we get one in I'll let you know.  We're a Chevy, GMC, Buick dealer.  I could get you a deal on a Convertable Camaro?  

2015, 3.6L V6
32,680kms
for $25,100

V8 or bust!

TableFlip

17Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:56 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fine!
2017 Camaro SS
6.2L 8 Cyl
for 39,500

Do we have a deal? Wink

18Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Fine!
2017 Camaro SS
6.2L 8 Cyl
for 39,500

Do we have a deal? Wink

Haha I would if I could. Although I probably prefer a Mustang GT. No offense!

19Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Fine!
2017 Camaro SS
6.2L 8 Cyl
for 39,500

Do we have a deal? Wink

Haha I would if I could. Although I probably prefer a Mustang GT. No offense!

None taken. I know we're just messin' around. We just only carry new Chev, GM or Buick. Anything we have that's not those brands are used and we get on trade or bought wholesale to fill our lot.

- Unknown Author

20Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let me know when you start dealing in pre-71 muscle cars Sarcasm

21Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Let me know when you start dealing in pre-71 muscle cars Sarcasm

If that happens you'll be the first to know Smile

- Unknown Author

22Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon May 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

April was a successful month! Managed to beat my guaranteed minimum by over $800!

Now to best that for May. 1 new sold and delivered already.

- Unknown Author

23Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue May 07, 2019 6:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm guessing spring will be better than winter, and then the push to get the 2019s out - incentives lead to volume.

24Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue May 07, 2019 2:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I'm guessing spring will be better than winter, and then the push to get the 2019s out - incentives lead to volume.

Expecting the 2020s in the fall so yeah. Push for 19s to go will be in full force.

- Unknown Author

25Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Wed May 08, 2019 7:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And we all know that when Ford hands out rebates to push out last year's models not all of the savings are passed on to the buyer.

26Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Someone at work posted a 2009 Rabbit 2-door hatchback with 105K km, perfect in/out, new brakes, rad/thermostat, winters on steel rims. Listed at $6990 but says negotiable.

Although this is someone from work they are also leaving the country.

What do you think would be a good counter offer.

27Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's the trim level and colour?
Power sunroof?
Auto or manual?

- Unknown Author

28Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If it's a fully loaded Rabbit I'd suggest countering with 6000. There's one in your area, fully certified and for sale by a dealer in Toronto for 6490 plus tax with 159,000kms.

See where he goes from there but, wouldn't pay more than 6500.

- Unknown Author

29Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The trim is not mentioned and I wouldn't know from the picture. It's got power doors, windows, mirrors (which is a step up from the junior in driving now) she he mentioned it being professionally detailed with an after market Bluetooth (radio, I assume).

The car in driving is on its last legs. Hit an ice pothole on our street back in the winter and the engine light came on. It's the timing chain, probably loose. For now it sometimes takes 2-3 tries to get it started. Would not want to rush that in winter since my commute is not long enough to recharge the battery if I'm cranking it 4-6 times. Mind you, on colder days it usually starts on the first try, so who knows. Bottom line the guy at the garage said not to bother doing anything to it and just look for a replacement.

30Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, another question. There are some SmartCar EVs in the same ballpark.  Their range is pitiful but it's fine for my commute (and we have charging stations at work). Would you recommend buying a used EV or is that asking for trouble? What's the life expectancy on these batteries?

31Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Hey, another question. There are some SmartCar EVs in the same ballpark.  Their range is pitiful but it's fine for my commute (and we have charging stations at work). Would you recommend buying a used EV or is that asking for trouble? What's the life expectancy on these batteries?

I wouldn't recommend a used one because the battery steadily loses it's ability to come to a full charge and after a few years you're at about 80 to 85% depending on how often they charged the battery.

If you do get a used get a year old with low kms so you don't pay the depreciation but you also know the battery is in decent shape. Batteries usually come with an 8 to 10 year warranty too so wouldn't worry too much.

- Unknown Author

32Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Another one. 2010 Mazda 3, standard with 178k. Excellent condition, new front brakes and rear shocks, oil sprayed, show tires on rims -- $4800.

33Guy Smiley - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:57 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey, how much is my 2005 Toyota Matrix worth?  It has 298,000km.  Oh, the rear wiper arm broke and fell off the other day when I closed the hatch.  Purrs like a kitten though!

Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum