GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 36]

61TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:15 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:McKenzie thinks they're both gone.  Cant stand melnyk.  I hate him more than I hate the leafs, which is a lot.

Cant cheer for this team until he's gone

I remember expressing great concerns about the "budget" and ownership years ago on this very forum, and getting some pretty harsh comments back about how it's not an issue. Not sure if anyone presently posting was involved, and ultimately it doesn't matter. Things are totally f'd right now because of Melnyk. He will sell, and the fans will return.

62TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:54 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully something occurs with lebreton before the trade deadline

63TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:12 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:McKenzie thinks they're both gone.  Cant stand melnyk.  I hate him more than I hate the leafs, which is a lot.

I remember expressing great concerns about the "budget" and ownership years ago on this very forum, and getting some pretty harsh comments back about how it's not an issue.  Not sure if anyone presently posting was involved, and ultimately it doesn't matter.  Things are totally f'd right now because of Melnyk.  He will sell, and the fans will return.

Yeah well I think quite a few people complained about the budget early on. I think it was pretty obvious early on how this would develop in this exact situation we are living in. In talent exodus. This notion that players don’t care who is an owner as long as they get paid is false. Players are smarter than that. If they can’t be surrounded by other talent and have a real opportunity to win, and if they can get paid in another environment. They will leave.

This is all on Melnyk.

64TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Hopefully something occurs with lebreton before the trade deadline

I doubt that would change anything at this point. Short of the owner announcing the team is sold, I think we’re Cussed.

65TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:45 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Today would have been my deadline for Stone and Duchene to accept their deals. 3 weeks exactly to the 25th. Sorry guys, but I think the Sens franchise is going to fall on even darker times. They better hit home runs with Stone and Duchene. Top forward, or top d-man coming back. Nothing else is acceptable.

66TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:46 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Today would have been my deadline for Stone and Duchene to accept their deals. 3 weeks exactly to the 25th. Sorry guys, but I think the Sens franchise is going to fall on even darker times. They better hit home runs with Stone and Duchene. Top forward, or top d-man prospect coming back. Nothing else is acceptable.

67TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:53 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Hopefully something occurs with lebreton before the trade deadline

I doubt that would change anything at this point. Short of the owner announcing the team is sold, I think we’re Cussed.

It would change a ton especially if a partner is involved somehow. The Lebreton stuff has way more impact than any signing/trade will. If this gets resolved, we will get a downtown arena and either a) new money into the team from a partner or b) Melnyk selling completely. It would change the value of the team considerably.

I'm just hoping we get something positive before the deadline and then we can sign Stone. That's my hope. I don't think he wants to leave at all.

68TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:44 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Melnyk's best bet is to lock himself in as a lease holder on a new stadium at LeBreton and sell the CTC land and arena. But that's a short-term financial gain and he doesn't stand to make money at LeBreton if he's leasing. Not sure why he hasn't sold yet. He's clearly holding on to the team for some reason.

69TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:

I remember expressing great concerns about the "budget" and ownership years ago on this very forum, and getting some pretty harsh comments back about how it's not an issue.  Not sure if anyone presently posting was involved, and ultimately it doesn't matter.  Things are totally f'd right now because of Melnyk.  He will sell, and the fans will return.

You were shot down pretty hard with both fancy English and constant spelling mistakes respectively.

70TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:56 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Melnyk's best bet is to lock himself in as a lease holder on a new stadium at LeBreton and sell the CTC land and arena. But that's a short-term financial gain and he doesn't stand to make money at LeBreton if he's leasing. Not sure why he hasn't sold yet. He's clearly holding on to the team for some reason.

It's no secret why he's holding on. The team is worth way more with a Lebreton arena confirmed, and also the sweet Seattle expansion money is coming in a year and a half.

71TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:57 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

You were shot down pretty hard with both fancy English and constant spelling mistakes respectively.

You're not kidding! Laughing3

72TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

anyone wanna take bets on who's the first to go?

I'm going to go for Duchene. seems like the whole NHL is waiting for him to go for the Dominos to start falling on anyone else.

I was reading the other day that Dorion is asking for a first round pick for Ceci or Dzingel.
He might get it for Ceci because RHD are a nice commodity but I doubt he gets it for Dzingel

73TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like momentum has been gaining over the last 24 hours for Duchene to be signed.

74TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:18 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Looks like momentum has been gaining over the last 24 hours for Duchene to be signed.

Hard to say. Could be a last ditch effort on both sides to find common ground. As I stated earlier, yesterday would have been my deadline to sign Stone and Duchene allowing ample time to orchestrate a trade. If I were Dorion I'd want to be the first to make a trade now that the Muzzin trade set the market.

75TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:42 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Nashville just paid a 2nd for Brian Boyle.

76TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:08 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Nashville just paid a 2nd for Brian Boyle.

If that’s the price for Boyle we might be able to get more than that for Dzingel.

I wonder if this means Nashville won’t be searching for more impact forward.

77TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boyle is *not* an impact forward.

78TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 5 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Boyle is *not* an impact forward.

That’s not at all what I meant. I’m just wondering if their done shopping and if the might still have interest in one of OUR impact forward.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum