GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#27: Sharks @ Senators: 1:00 PM, Dec 1

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's December. You can now go ahead and turn on your Christmas lights. After 26 games the Senators can't seem to figure out what they want to do when they grow up. After winning two games and finally getting above .500 they went on a 4 game slide, giving up 23 goals in that span while sliding to the bottom of the Conference.

The something happened. First three improbable third period come back in Philadelphia, fueled by Tkachuk's pair and Duchene's wizardry. Then in the dreaded "first home game after a road trip" they completely dominated the Rangers, soup to nuts, playing their first full 60 minutes game and giving #41 his 41st career shut out.

Who were these guys? Where have they been the first 20-odd games? Can we see some more?

Another thing to make you go hmm: other than the fighting major to Harpur (coincidental) they have not taken a penalty in the last 2 games (plus half period). That's even more amazing than Duchene's goal!

Go Sens!

Oh, yeah, that guy who used to play here is back. Let's see how they really felt about him. I'm expecting Tkachuk to welcome him back.

P S. Don't forget the 1PM start.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Duchene scored 22 points in November. 7 multiple point games. He was briefly top 5 in the league. Playing with a rookie.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson is quietly sitting tied for 4th in wins.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, it should be a pretty full house for this one. I don't expect anyone to do anything to EK (Tkachuk included) outside of what might normally occur during a game. EK is an emotional guy, and I expect him to play his absolute best.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of rookies, the Sens have 5 in the top 50 rookie scoring. That included 2 defensemen and a forward who's still leading his AHL club by 5 points. If not for that pesky torn ligament Tkachuk could be in first place. I still expect Pettersson to drop off after 50 so it's still a distinct possibility the Sens could finish 1-2 in rookie scoring. Maybe even 1-2-3 with Batherson climbing quickly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, we need to be so focused this afternoon. This has all the elements of a 8 goal loss if we lose focus at all. Tkachuk will have to make sure to get on burns and Karlsson and do his thing, but the team will have to be super aware as a 5 man unit.

I don't see good things in this one at all. I'll pvr and watch tonight so I can forward when what I think is gonna happen happens

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Oh, we need to be so focused this afternoon.  This has all the elements of a 8 goal loss if we lose focus at all.  Tkachuk will have to make sure to get on burns and Karlsson and do his thing, but the team will have to be super aware as a 5 man unit.

I don't see good things in this one at all.  I'll pvr and watch tonight so I can forward when what I think is gonna happen happens

You might underestimate how much some of the Sens players want to stick it to Karlsson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Surprisingly they have pretty much left him alone. Even after he snowed Andy.

Good for Harpur. He's been playing well. Had a monster hit earlier in the game.

Need one more period. Sharks have done very little outside of that 5-on-3, and I think Andy is one of the players who *does* want to stick it to Karlsson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Andy is dialed in!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm calling it now. Back to .500 and 1 point out of a wildcard spot. If even only for a few hours.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Definitely now. First 3 game win streak, right?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boedker with 4 points including the eventual GWG.

Harpur with his first goal in the NHL.

Some with the dagger to make it 4-1.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot with 2 more points, and another 4 points by the Sens D-corps to pad their league leading totals.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Oh, we need to be so focused this afternoon.  This has all the elements of a 8 goal loss if we lose focus at all.  Tkachuk will have to make sure to get on burns and Karlsson and do his thing, but the team will have to be super aware as a 5 man unit.

I don't see good things in this one at all.  I'll pvr and watch tonight so I can forward when what I think is gonna happen happens

You might underestimate how much some of the Sens players want to stick it to Karlsson.

Who are these guys??? Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Andy, for one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum