GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm hoping we can sign Duchene or Hayes in the summer to add a bonafide Top 6 centre. The only reason I mention Duchene is because hockey people think he might come back. And Hayes is Tkachuk's cousin, maybe he has some pull. I doubt it would happen, just my hope.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:I'm hoping we can sign Duchene or Hayes in the summer to add a bonafide Top 6 centre. The only reason I mention Duchene is because hockey people think he might come back. And Hayes is Tkachuk's cousin, maybe he has some pull. I doubt it would happen, just my hope.

I doubt that happens the more I think about, although, what a mistake Duchene made IMO not listening to the Sens offer more seriously and signing it. He was the GUY here and would have been long term and put up excellent numbers here, but now...he certainly doesn't look as good across the league.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:He’s always been terrible. Getting him back in a trade was nothing more than the lowest salary of an aging player from the Sharks combined with least years locked up. There was no skill assessment or pro scouting involved. It was money. This is my opinion.

I agree 100%. And we took less in a trade to get him out of the conference. Funny Hoffman ended up back in the same division. He's exactly what we all thought he was. A one-dimensional goal scorer: 35 goals, 69 points, -21

I will just argue that Barkov is one of the best two-way players in the game and he is around -20 too. That stat means nothing to me. What does mean something is scoring 35+ goals in an NHL season on 74 points. And we traded that for nothing because our management is completely inept. The NHL game is not for them.

The NHL game is not for a lot of teams/GMs.

Who would have ever thought that Duclair would be legit as good as Dzingel? Not me personally because I never watch Columbus. Tororella really Cussed that up, and then the GM in Columbus REALLY Cussed that up offering Duclair and 2 2nd rounders (lol) for the same player. I was stunned at the time and now that I've seen Duclair, what a Diddle up.

I'm sure this happens all the time, I wouldn't put it as an Ottawa thing. Plus, Hoffman had to go, the stupid part of all this was that he didn't go at the deadline because Dorion is a lazy fool.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Again, I think we're probably overrating Duclair here as he plays for his NHL life. On a one-year deal, I have no issue with him sticking around.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Again, I think we're probably overrating Duclair here as he plays for his NHL life.  On a one-year deal, I have no issue with him sticking around.

Well I have no issue with two years either because the money wouldn't be much. Worst case he is a fourth line winger.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Again, I think we're probably overrating Duclair here as he plays for his NHL life.  On a one-year deal, I have no issue with him sticking around.

Perhaps, but I see two things that can't be taken away (unless injured).

1.Speed
2.Skill

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hold your horses on Duclair. I agree he should be resigned but I’d push for a one year. Is what he’s doing maintainable with his past lack of consistency?

I won’t go overboard on anyone overachieving with the cast we’ve been putting out on the ice. Opportunity sometimes won’t reflect future performance when he’s pushed down the ladder to the3rd or 4rth Line.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Thé guys from the hockey news we’re say Karlsson said he’d like to play back in Canada next year. That was in reference to Vancouver though. But cap wise that leaves Montreal, Ottawa and Edmonton. The smart move would be Ottawa with a team that will seriously compete as Montreal looks to be average at best and Edmonton might be looking at another tear down appart from their stars. Vancouver obviously makes a lot of sense also.

Imagine Karl’s back in Ottawa... not under this ownership.

I think he saw d that anyway it’s to leverage it in negotiating with other teams this summer.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'd give him a 1 year deal without a question. If it was 2 years I'd have a few questions. I don't think 4 other coaches and GMs were all wrong. Maybe he finally "gets it" but why us, why now?



Last edited by wprager on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:Hold your horses on Duclair. I agree he should be resigned but I’d push for a one year. Is what he’s doing maintainable with his past lack of consistency?

I won’t go overboard on anyone overachieving with the cast we’ve been putting out on the ice. Opportunity sometimes won’t reflect future performance when he’s pushed down the ladder to the3rd or  4rth Line.


The speed and skill will be there, just make it a short term deal. 1 or 2 years maz

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Thé guys from the hockey news we’re say Karlsson said he’d like to play back in Canada next year. That was in reference to Vancouver though. But cap wise that leaves Montreal, Ottawa and Edmonton. The smart move would be Ottawa with a team that will seriously compete as Montreal looks to be average at best and Edmonton might be looking at another tear down appart from their stars. Vancouver obviously makes a lot of sense also.

Imagine Karl’s back in Ottawa... not under this ownership.

I think he saw d that anyway it’s to leverage it in negotiating with other teams this summer.

I really don't understand your comment about Ottawa being able to "seriously compete"? We're one new owner and a few years away from that happening.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Thé guys from the hockey news we’re say Karlsson said he’d like to play back in Canada next year. That was in reference to Vancouver though. But cap wise that leaves Montreal, Ottawa and Edmonton. The smart move would be Ottawa with a team that will seriously compete as Montreal looks to be average at best and Edmonton might be looking at another tear down appart from their stars. Vancouver obviously makes a lot of sense also.

Imagine Karl’s back in Ottawa... not under this ownership.

I think he saw d that anyway it’s to leverage it in negotiating with other teams this summer.

I really don't understand your comment about Ottawa being able to "seriously compete"?  We're one new owner and a few years away from that happening.
Well yeah, in two years we should be starting to make the playoffs with the right moves made(IMO). I just can’t imagine that Melnyk will still be around or at the very least a majority owner. And depending on how things pan out than I don’t think Montréal or Edmonton will be there. Vancouver might be.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I actually dont think even melnyk could Diddle up us being good in 3 years if some of these guys pan out the way we hope, it's after that imo.

Or it's this summer with stupid short contacts for chabot and white that turn into a mark stone contract all over again

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I actually dont think even melnyk could Diddle up us being good in 3 years if some of these guys pan out the way we hope, it's after that imo.

Or it's this summer with stupid short contacts for chabot and white that turn into a mark stone contract all over again

Well, I think both guys will get some sort of bridge contract. That's a pretty normal thing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I actually dont think even melnyk could Diddle up us being good in 3 years if some of these guys pan out the way we hope, it's after that imo.

Or it's this summer with stupid short contacts for chabot and white that turn into a mark stone contract all over again

Well, I think both guys will get some sort of bridge contract.  That's a pretty normal thing.

Dont do it for chabot! 8 years, 10 mil a year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I actually dont think even melnyk could Diddle up us being good in 3 years if some of these guys pan out the way we hope, it's after that imo.

Or it's this summer with stupid short contacts for chabot and white that turn into a mark stone contract all over again

Well, I think both guys will get some sort of bridge contract.  That's a pretty normal thing.

Dont do it for chabot!  8 years, 10 mil a year.

I'm not opposed to that. And then you're buying up a bunch of his GOOD free agent years.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
67s likely to face Quinton Byfield and Sudbury in the second round

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I actually dont think even melnyk could Diddle up us being good in 3 years if some of these guys pan out the way we hope, it's after that imo.

Or it's this summer with stupid short contacts for chabot and white that turn into a mark stone contract all over again

Well, I think both guys will get some sort of bridge contract.  That's a pretty normal thing.

Dont do it for chabot!  8 years, 10 mil a year.

I'm not opposed to that.  And then you're buying up a bunch of his GOOD free agent years.

Same with white. 5.25 x 8. These are the forward thinking contracts imo.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum