GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 61 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:is Melnyk now working off a teleprompter or maybe Garioch fed him lines? (i didn't hear any soundbites).
this is the first time in recent memories that I've actually seen anything half sensible coming from him. but it is an admission that Dorion needs help.
https://www.tsn.ca/melnyk-on-president-search-think-of-murray-1.1279137

Who knows? It was likely screened through someone that edited Melnyk's normal drivel. It's nice that they're adding someone to hockey ops, but I ain't holding my breath that it's going to solve any problems.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Just what is wrong with Boedker? The Sharks brought him in for speed, but I don't see much of that. Ignoring his paycheck size, what is wrong with him as an NHL player?

He started out looking good, but has nosedived. Perhaps the classic player who is not in great shape and fades as the season progresses? Also, his work on the PK was nothing special at all and he's not talented enough to get top 6 icetime.

Too bad, when he first came over I really liked him.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

He’s always been terrible. Getting him back in a trade was nothing more than the lowest salary of an aging player from the Sharks combined with least years locked up. There was no skill assessment or pro scouting involved. It was money. This is my opinion.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:He’s always been terrible. Getting him back in a trade was nothing more than the lowest salary of an aging player from the Sharks combined with least years locked up. There was no skill assessment or pro scouting involved. It was money. This is my opinion.

I agree 100%. And we took less in a trade to get him out of the conference. Funny Hoffman ended up back in the same division. He's exactly what we all thought he was. A one-dimensional goal scorer: 35 goals, 69 points, -21

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That will always be there trade that exposed Dorion as inexperienced if not outright incompetent. He needed to get Hoffman out of there and he clearly did not want to deal with another Eastern Conference team. So he gets killed in the actual trade and then Hoffman the up not only in the Conference but in the same Division! If there was a hope in hell of keeping Karlsson it went up in flames right then and there.

And then, to make matters even worse, the player we got back is bad *and* overpaid. And if all that want enough, his salary pretty much message he had to stay in there lineup ahead of, say, Chlapik.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:He’s always been terrible. Getting him back in a trade was nothing more than the lowest salary of an aging player from the Sharks combined with least years locked up. There was no skill assessment or pro scouting involved. It was money. This is my opinion.

I agree 100%. And we took less in a trade to get him out of the conference. Funny Hoffman ended up back in the same division. He's exactly what we all thought he was. A one-dimensional goal scorer: 35 goals, 69 points, -21

I will just argue that Barkov is one of the best two-way players in the game and he is around -20 too. That stat means nothing to me. What does mean something is scoring 35+ goals in an NHL season on 74 points. And we traded that for nothing because our management is completely inept. The NHL game is not for them.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

I will just argue that Barkov is one of the best two-way players in the game and he is around -20 too. That stat means nothing to me. What does mean something is scoring 35+ goals in an NHL season on 74 points. And we traded that for nothing because our management is completely inept. The NHL game is not for them.

Yeah the hoff trade is terrible, no other way to slice it. Worst part is you knew it was bad the minute he got traded again. The only way that fiasco could have turned around was to have Boedker turn and have a career year and traded him for a first . That was not gonna happen. Freaking Dorion

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No one else was offering any more, the problem was he didnt trade him when even the hint of a problem arose. What in the Diddle were you waiting for moron?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Then they should have taken *less*. A pick would have been better.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Honestly, if they waived Hoffman and someone claimed him for nothing it would have been better.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Duclair seems every bit as good as Dzingel.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Duclair seems every bit as good as Dzingel.

Duclair's fighting for a contract and his NHL life right now. I would exercise extreme caution with this guy...there's a reason he's bounced around as much as he has.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It would make no sense not to sign Duclair to 1-2 years. The skill is obvious and it looks like he is trying hard. A short term contract would still ensure he needs to work hard.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:It would make no sense not to sign Duclair to 1-2 years. The skill is obvious and it looks like he is trying hard. A short term contract would still ensure he needs to work hard.

Yeah definitely. I see no problem at all with that and he definitely has the skills to score 20 plus.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also..
Whje was the last time the sens coaching staff outcoached other staffs? Not once now, but two games in a row.

What's happening? Chaos! Ahhhhh!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm hoping we can sign Duchene or Hayes in the summer to add a bonafide Top 6 centre. The only reason I mention Duchene is because hockey people think he might come back. And Hayes is Tkachuk's cousin, maybe he has some pull. I doubt it would happen, just my hope.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:I'm hoping we can sign Duchene or Hayes in the summer to add a bonafide Top 6 centre. The only reason I mention Duchene is because hockey people think he might come back. And Hayes is Tkachuk's cousin, maybe he has some pull. I doubt it would happen, just my hope.

I doubt that happens the more I think about, although, what a mistake Duchene made IMO not listening to the Sens offer more seriously and signing it. He was the GUY here and would have been long term and put up excellent numbers here, but now...he certainly doesn't look as good across the league.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:

The NHL game is not for a lot of teams/GMs.

Who would have ever thought that Duclair would be legit as good as Dzingel? Not me personally because I never watch Columbus. Tororella really Cussed that up, and then the GM in Columbus REALLY Cussed that up offering Duclair and 2 2nd rounders (lol) for the same player. I was stunned at the time and now that I've seen Duclair, what a Diddle up.

I'm sure this happens all the time, I wouldn't put it as an Ottawa thing. Plus, Hoffman had to go, the stupid part of all this was that he didn't go at the deadline because Dorion is a lazy fool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 61 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum