GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Batherson recalled since Balcers is sick why bother since he is only going to get 8 minutes of ice time

I don't have a clue how many guys they are currently carrying because I'm not paying much attention.  They probably need an extra guy, and Belleville doesn't play until Saturday, so he can be called up, get his 8 minutes, and then be sent down tomorrow to play for Belleville on Saturday.

Belleville plays tomorrow. I know because I’m going.

Right, my bad. So Batherson can be returned tomorrow and still play. Doesn't change my point.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Batherson recalled since Balcers is sick why bother since he is only going to get 8 minutes of ice time

I don't have a clue how many guys they are currently carrying because I'm not paying much attention.  They probably need an extra guy, and Belleville doesn't play until Saturday, so he can be called up, get his 8 minutes, and then be sent down tomorrow to play for Belleville on Saturday.

Belleville plays tomorrow. I know because I’m going.

I expect an extensive scouting report on Erik

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I'm not pumped that the next season or two will be terrible but I'm pumped to get a better coach. I think Mann would do quite well from what I've seen. Hopefully it's a junior/AHL coach who works well with young guys, or a legit NHL vet with proven track record of winning (unlikely)

it's gonna be a someone that wont cost an arm and a leg and pretty much be at minimum salary you can bet on that.

Dorion already played the part of hiring an NHL coach with Boucher and he can fall back and say "it didn't work out"

i'd like someone with a track record of development and i'm not sure if Mann is that guy but continuity might not be a bad idea. anyways, i'll be surprised if anyone hired lasts a full three years in ottawa.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think we'd be able to get any available "A" list coaches, given the reputation of the org. and the volatility of Melnyk/Dorion. So it'll be someone willing to take any vacant NHL coaching gig, which likely means a first-timer.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I don't think we'd be able to get any available "A" list coaches, given the reputation of the org. and the volatility of Melnyk/Dorion.  So it'll be someone willing to take any vacant NHL coaching gig, which likely means a first-timer.

Maybe check LinkedIn this summer. there may be somewhere where they’ve posted a job opening where you can send in your CV. They could get “an Ottawa native” Sarcasm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Didn't see the game but apparently Duclair and White were very good

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Boucher fired. Crawford takes interim status.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Boucher fired. Crawford takes interim status.
I think I called it earlier in the season. If Boucher was gored they’d give Crawford the first look.

I don’t mind this. This way you get to see what Crawford is made of and how the team reacts. This is a longer term job interview for him. If he does alright I’d extend him for a year. Keep Mann down in Belleville and help him develop. He seems to be doing a good job where he is. Crawford could be expendable in the short run anyways.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, Edmonton is just as bad as we are. At least we now know it all starts with defence and you cant just plop a couple of star forwards there and hope. Edmonton's d is abysmal. Even worse than ours, wew!

And yeah, Boucher sucked but you cant make a silk purse

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Makes sense to me. They weren't going to re-hire Boucher. Crawford isn't the guy either but no sense canning him now either.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Crawford will 100% finish the season here and then he's out too. He's nuts.

I guess Guy's constant excuses and unwillingness to challenge goals gave Dorion the impression he was fed up.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I will forever remember Guy's first year. Say what you want about him, but that first year was a success and 1 out of 3 ain't the worst. I thought it made all the sense in the world to not fire him after last year, but it's clear that he isn't the right person at this stage.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I too hope Crawford is just a place setter.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Crawford will 100% finish the season here and then he's out too. He's nuts.

I guess Guy's constant excuses and unwillingness to challenge goals gave Dorion the impression he was fed up.

not sure if it was mentioned but EDM scored a goal last night where they were clearly offside. boucher didn't challenge it again

batherson also had almost no ice time. 4th least behind Boedker, Lindberg, and Gibbons. Paajarvi had more than Tkachuk

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Boucher had last the plot a little. Tough to see where his decisions came from.

Probably tried to limit the ice time and match ups of some rookies to allow them to opportunities but we don’t have the players in front of them to make that work. At this point we need players to play. But I don’t want that situation next year where our team is too green. We are gonna need a few veterans to be brought in to guide this young team or else we’re gonna wind up like Edmonton 6 years ago.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I keep saying it can't be worse next year, and this time I might be right...until Seattle comes in, and then there's 32nd.

Boucher and Dorion were in constant disagreement:
- rest is a weapon
- devotion to AC who went from league worst run PP (with Karlsson, Hoffman, Stone, Turris in the lineup) to league worst PK
- continuing to play Pyatt who had zero points and zero +s (on the ice when a goal was scored) for *30* games
- meanwhile younger players would get benched for one wrong move
- publicly stating he disagreed with Smith getting waived
- publicly stating he was not told about keeping players out of the lineup
- benching Wolanin and not giving "steak" to the young guns after the trades

You could say he was fired for subordination.

Meantime Dorion should get the door for saying stupid things and lying.
- today was my proudest day as a GM: this alone should be grounds for dismissal
- what disconnect? I don't see a disconnect: that's the very definition of a disconnect
- that "job description" for a new coach: did anyone rise think of Mary Poppins when the kids wrote their own nanny ad?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I keep saying it can't be worse next year, and this time I might be right...until Seattle comes in, and then there's 32nd.

Boucher and Dorion were in constant disagreement:
- rest is a weapon
- devotion to AC who went from league worst run PP (with Karlsson, Hoffman, Stone, Turris in the lineup) to league worst PK
- continuing to play Pyatt who had zero points and zero +s (on the ice when a goal was scored) for *30* games
- meanwhile younger players would get benched for one wrong move
- publicly stating he disagreed with Smith getting waived
- publicly stating he was not told about keeping players out of the lineup
- benching Wolanin and not giving "steak" to the young guns after the trades

You could say he was fired for subordination.

Meantime Dorion should get the door for saying stupid things and lying.
- today was my proudest day as a GM: this alone should be grounds for dismissal
- what disconnect? I don't see a disconnect: that's the very definition of a disconnect
- that "job description" for a new coach: did anyone rise think of Mary Poppins when the kids wrote their own nanny ad?
I’m about to disconnect from the sens. I’ve watched at most 25 games this year? I have a nauseous feeling every time I see the owners face and to be honest Lebreton falling apart pretty much killed any hope I had of him selling the team any time soon.

It’s sad because I’ve bled this team even in hard times but there was something to bleed for. I feel we are trapped in a cycle from management where there is no honesty, direction or competence.

It’s hard to put down the love for your team but I can now see the day coming where I either put hockey on the back back burner or decide to do something I never thought possible. Cheer for another team. (No it won’t be the Habs). This is sensless, I cannot just stand by this idiocy. And it’s going to get worse. Mark my words.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You dont have to stop loving the team, you hate the owner and the situation, but it will eventually right itself. Just don't spend money on the team until he's out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum