GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Anthem singers generally wear a Sens jersey. Not today. Guess they're cutting back on the giveaways.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hmm. Looks like it won't take too long to get out of the parking lot.
Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Img_2013

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Hmm. Looks like it won't take too long to get out of the parking lot.
Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Img_2013
Looks more like it won’t take too long for Melnyk to run out of money

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess the question is, how much more damage will Uncle Euge do to the team before he sells? Duchene could easily be gone and I wouldn't be too surprised if Stone leaves as well....

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I guess the question is, how much more damage will Uncle Euge do to the team before he sells?  Duchene could easily be gone and I wouldn't be too surprised if Stone leaves as well....

At this point I’m torn. I think it would be great to resign both but it might be better for the team to get a return for both. We aren’t close to contending in the near future.
It’s wether Dorion mucks it up with whatever draft picks/players he’d get in return.
In the near term it’s apparent to me that we lost value trading for Dushene and we won’t recoup the same assets or near trading him away.

Waiting to trade both of them at the trade deadline furthers diminishes what could have been had in the summer since they could have possibly been dealt for picks of teams that might miss the playoffs.

But taking the sunk costs away, what is best going forward? We aren’t likelydone with Melnyk anytime soon so if we’re stuck with him for the next couple of years maybe it’s best trying to draft some good picks.

Dorion already Cussed it up by not having this year’s draft 1st but maybe he can get us more for future draft

Also, any other team and this GM would be fired.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Any other GM would have quit rather than implement Melnyk's marching orders.

I don't remember who it was or where, but a recent article tried to estimate how long Melnyk could continue to hang on. In two years' time there will be more expansion money coming in (probably even sooner). Anyhow, the article estimates that Melnyk could survive another 4 years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Honestly, I'm a huge fan and I cant watch this right now, so imagine if you're only a casual fan? Who would care right now.

Dorion Cussed up not getting a real backup when Condon crapped the bed and our season is over because of it.

I see balcers scored and I see wolanin is doing well, but I cant watch. Time is too precious

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Honestly,  I'm a huge fan and I cant watch this right now, so imagine if you're only a casual fan?  Who would care right now.

Dorion Cussed up not getting a real backup when Condon crapped the bed and our season is over because of it.

I see balcers scored and I see wolanin is doing well, but I cant watch.  Time is too precious

Our season was long over before Condon Dung the bed. Condon was another hamburgler. Not a true NHL goalie.
Don’t mistake wolanin and balcer having good games trying to secure a spot “doing well” as them being ready. Young guys will do well on the short term. It’s througout a whole season that you have to do well.

I’m not watching as many games I should. The Dung show has started tuning me out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Any other GM would have quit rather than implement Melnyk's marching orders.

I don't remember who it was or where, but a recent article tried to estimate how long Melnyk could continue to hang on. In two years' time there will be more expansion money coming in (probably even sooner). Anyhow, the article estimates that Melnyk could survive another 4 years.

My worry is that with no Arena downtown, Betman figures it might be a ok to allow Melnyk to sell the team to outside investors to relocate the team if it means that Melnyk can sell it for a larger amount than what any Ottawa investors would be offering therefore securing the value of what franchises are really worth.

It would make sense from a league point of view. Especially with dwindling audiences. It’s a Dung show in Ottawa

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Audience will be back. They certainly won't be I. Florida, Arizona, Carolina, Jersey. Any one of those 4 is a better candidate for relocation.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's no way the NHL let's the Sens leave, especially with the prospects of a downtown arena.  It's quite clear to the entire universe that poor attendance right now is the result of Melnyk and the management of the team.

What will happen eventually is that Melnyk will have to sell and the NHL will approve the sale to a new group based on keeping the team in Ottawa.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I still think Stone will stick around, maybe not Duchene though. I would trade Dzingel even if they want/can afford to sign him. I'd like to get a D in return for him.

I'm just hoping we can finish better to win my over 71 bet haha.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dzingel is so useless out there when he's not being set up by better players. Here's hoping we get a nice return from a GM who's blinded by the sizzle. Because there's no steak, there.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:There's no way the NHL let's the Sens leave, especially with the prospects of a downtown arena.  It's quite clear to the entire universe that poor attendance right now is the result of Melnyk and the management of the team.

What will happen eventually is that Melnyk will have to sell and the NHL will approve the sale to a new group based on keeping the team in Ottawa.  
What prospect of a downtown arena? It’s off the table for this ownership group it seems. The city is moving on,they want to null the agreement and aren’t interested in going back to the table.

And as for relocation, what if the best deal Ottawa can get is for 400 mill and there’s an ownership in Quebec City willing to pay 600 with a brand new arena? Don’t you think the NHL will want to maintain franchise value? They won’t let anything be sold for less than what Vegas paid.

I’m not saying this is the course of action but I’m saying it’s no longer impossible now that Lebreton is in complete jeopardy.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Audience will be back. They certainly won't be I. Florida, Arizona, Carolina, Jersey.  Any one of those 4 is a better candidate for relocation.

Arizona will only relocate out west but the NHL seems deadest on keeping them there.

Florida isn’t moving. The ownership is keeping it put. Carolina just got a new ownership and won’t budge for at least 3-4 years. And there’s never been serious talk of Jersey moving.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I still say those teams are more likely to relocate than Ottawa.

There B-Sens VP just announced he will resign at the end of this season.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I still think Stone will stick around, maybe not Duchene though. I would trade Dzingel even if they want/can afford to sign him. I'd like to get a D in return for him.

I'm just hoping we can finish better to win my over 71 bet haha.

I took the under 72.5

Way back then, I wish Bodog had a Who will draft Hughes or Kakko future?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Oh, man, I love the 20/20 retro-analysts. People in Pompei really should have taken their vacation up north. I mean, what were they thinking?!

Why don't we wait until the season is over and the lottery balls drawn.

Hindsight only counts when it wasn’t said before. I only know of three people that actually thought and tried to defend an opinion of using the 2018 draft pick.

And no, I won’t wait until the lottery balls have been drawn because doing that would basically be a literal example of hindsight in this case. Thanks though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum