GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:I get what you are saying but Gaborik has had an injury plagued career don't know if you could count on him staying healthy for even 75%of a season

I also question Gaborik’s dedication to wanting to play past this current contract. He may want to collect his pay checks from injured reserve.

I’m not questioning his love of the game but I know personally what it feels to have back problems that limit your mobility. I’m not sure I would like to risk further mobility by putting myself out there with further risk of injury. Especially if I had already earned millions of dollars.

All this to say that he may never really be cleared for play again.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I threw out my back the first time when I was in my kid 20s. I've gotten to a point where I can tell when it's coming and lay off enough to keep it from going out again. Whenever it flares up it's quite painful, I can't stand it walk for more than a few minutes before I have to sit down. But I haven't considered going under the knife.

All that to say the decision to have surgery was very likely cause by a desire to continue playing.

And don't forget that he's two years younger than Alfie was.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love it when people relate their own back problems to others'. Back problems come in all different shapes and sizes...who knows what Gaborik is actually going through. It's tough to think that there's any upside to having him here though.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Sens appoint Chris Kelly as a Development coach.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The Chris Kelly signing is smart. Someone who knows the organization, loves the city, etc.

I think they should be reaching out to former players with ties to Ottawa and should hire someone like Chris Neil in a community outreach position where his job would be to reconnect the team to the community and the fan base. Probably the best thing this new Marketing VP could do. A good way (not the best way) to sell the on-ice product is to help mend the off-ice problems.

Next step is to hire an A/GM. This will be difficult given the Melnyk issue but if an A/GM can be brought in to manage Belleville with Dorion as a buffer I don't see it being an issue.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If Gaborik opted to get back surgery then he has every intention of playing. No one goes under the knife to sit out for the season. In the lineup I expect him to score 0.5 ppg. 40 points over an 82 game season. Doesn't seem that unreasonable. But I only see him playing 20-40 games. I honestly don't see where he fits in with this lineup though considering all the one-way contracts they have in addition to all the young guys pushing for positions. If he's healthy he'll play and when he gets injured they may just shut him down depending on the severity of the injury.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I also can't help but think this is the week Karl gets traded. We're now entering camp distraction territory.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They already have Neil and Phillips in "ambassador" roles. Shean Donovan is involved in player development already. There may be others.

Todd White is in town so they could get him involved as well. Alfie, of course.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot says he put on 10lbs during the summer. To be honest I was hoping for 12-15, but this will help.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I also can't help but think this is the week Karl gets traded. We're now entering camp distraction territory.

I think media is making it a distraction but is it really? Until we see players (like karlsson) making comments regarding their status in Ottawa then it’s just what it is.

I do think he winds up being traded also but I don’t know when. And this stems from my lack of trust in Dorion and the management team knowing how to handle this situation.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Finally, right now Team1200 finally clues in to why Karlsson will remain a Sen in my opinion until at least the deadline. Crystal clear. Always has been.

Last edited by Lagoon on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I also can't help but think this is the week Karl gets traded. We're now entering camp distraction territory.

And then I just read this. Nope. Not sure how anyone can still believe this.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Finally, right now Team1200 finally clues in to why Karlsson will remain a Sen in my opinion until at least the deadline. Crystal clear. Always has been.

Care to share what they were talking about?

Also, it sounds like Shawn Simpson might have interviewed for the AGM position? LOL?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Finally, right now Team1200 finally clues in to why Karlsson will remain a Sen in my opinion until at least the deadline. Crystal clear. Always has been.

Also, it sounds like Shawn Simpson might have interviewed for the AGM position?  LOL?

Oh, just everything I’ve said since I joined here. The instant Ottawa decided to use this years pick, they also decided to keep Karlsson until around this years deadline. During that time, they have to ability to hope for Karlsson to enjoy the game again, clear his head and want Ottawa to be his forever team.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I hope the best for Simmer. Most of his haters are just jealous I assume.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Also, it sounds like Shawn Simpson might have interviewed for the AGM position?  LOL?

Oh, just everything I’ve said since I joined here. The instant Ottawa decided to use this years pick, they also decided to keep Karlsson until around this years deadline. During that time, they have to ability to hope for Karlsson to enjoy the game again, clear his head and want Ottawa to be his forever team.

I want nothing more than this to come to fruition but that is a high risk game to be playing and nothing you hear from management or from rumours of ongoing trade discussions seems to point to this being the scenario the sens are going for.

did Shawn Simpson really interview for the position or are they making fun of him again like last week because they would asked him on the show if he would join the sens front office.

personally I've changed my opinion on Shawn over the last two years. I think he's a decent guy and is no worse a hockey guy to have an eye on things. I'm not sure if he's the best candidates to be AGM but in a front office I could see a position for him.

he certainly gets more flack than he deserves on TSN radio

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I want nothing more than this to come to fruition but that is a high risk game to be playing and nothing you hear from management or from rumours of ongoing trade discussions seems to point to this being the scenario the sens are going for.

did Shawn Simpson really interview for the position or are they making fun of him again like last week because they would asked him on the show if he would join the sens front office.

personally I've changed my opinion on Shawn over the last two years. I think he's a decent guy and is no worse a hockey guy to have an eye on things. I'm not sure if he's the best candidates to be AGM but in a front office I could see a position for him.

he certainly gets more flack than he deserves on TSN radio

In reply to your entire post, I can respond with this, the media have a job to do. Nothing more and nothing less. Some people believe everything they hear, some think for themselves.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I like Simmer, but he's probably better in hockey ops than on the air. He can probably make the right decisions but explaining how he arrived at then is not his forte. His biggest contribution would be as an outsider. He's quite blunt in saying that he is not a Sens fan, and he gives his honest assessment on the prospects.

That said, I think they were just joking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum