GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:The Sens have loved Harpur's size for years, but the problem is he doesn't use it.  I could have a 10" Richard, but if I ain't filling any holes with it, it kinda goes to waste.

I thought he was really good a year ago so hopefully he returns to form. If not, he'll be in the AHL just at a higher salary.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Size isn't as important in the modern day NHL. It's all about speed and skill. But if you're a big guy you better use your size. I'd much prefer Jaros over Harpur. Jaros plays with an edge. Harpur plays with a long stick.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
If there is a Karlsson trade to be had, I don't want Sergachev. I agree our left-side is already incredibly strong with Chabot and Wolanin. I'd much prefer getting Point and Foote. Our right side is atrocious if/when Karlsson get traded.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If there is a Karlsson trade to be had, I don't want Sergachev. I agree our left-side is already incredibly strong with Chabot and Wolanin. I'd much prefer getting Point and Foote. Our right side is atrocious if/when Karlsson get traded.

Finally.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If there is a Karlsson trade to be had, I don't want Sergachev. I agree our left-side is already incredibly strong with Chabot and Wolanin. I'd much prefer getting Point and Foote. Our right side is atrocious if/when Karlsson get traded.

Finally.

Finally what? I posted on here a few weeks ago that Chabot over a full 82 games was only a few point behind Sergachev who was on a stacked team with a good pp. There is no reason Chabot can't hit 40 points this year if he's PP1 QB. My concern is he doesn't have Karlsson's shot, and Boedker doesn't have Hoffman's shot. This could be a reason they decide to keep Tkachuk around. But I expect White to score a lot of garbage goals around the net. And maybe, just maybe Gagne gets a look too (he's got a booming shot)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Id want to sergachev in a big way. But then again I’d want point and Foote too.

I think if a deal had to involve point Or sergachev I’d still want sergachev. He’s got first pairing Dman written all over him. But that’s no slight on point who might be a first liner.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wouldn’t mind a if tkachuk started in the AHL. I’d rather he play in a lesser league where he has a chance to develop his scoring touch more and play first line minutes than a league where Boucher will have him focus on being defensively adequate.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Point > Sergachev > Foote > Raddysh.  Having help on the right will be huge in a few years.

Chabot-Foote
Wolanin-Jaros
Tychonik-JBD

As for forwards you're hoping for this in the next 2-3 seasons:

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Formenton-Point-Batherson
Tkachuk-Brown-White
Perron-Chlapik-Gagne

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I’d be willing to put Cirelli ahead of Foote in your strength chart just because of the game we already know he plays.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Friedman reporting Karlsson wants to stay but does not want to wait out management

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Friedman reporting Karlsson wants to stay but does not want to wait out management

I'm not sure exactly why people are treating this as news...I'm pretty sure we all knew Karlsson would like to stay except detests Melnyk?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Friedman reporting Karlsson wants to stay but does not want to wait out management

I'm not sure exactly why people are treating this as news...I'm pretty sure we all knew Karlsson would like to stay except detests Melnyk?  
I think that’s the general feeling between fan base and players. I mean, unless you’re EV or Neely who kept repeating ad nauseaum that players did not cared who they played for as long as they got payed.  Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Most don't. Owners tend to not meddle in the team's affairs. Melnyk and a few others are different.

Trust me, the history of bad owners does not begin with Ballard and end with Melnyk.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I think that’s the general feeling between fan base and players. I mean, unless you’re EV or Neely who kept repeating ad nauseaum that players did not cared who they played for as long as they got payed.  Sarcasm

I see what you did there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
But they were right.

They don't care about the owner - they would play for Hitter, so long as they got paid and the team had the budget necessary to compete.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Please wait him out Karl, please.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:

It is my opinion he will. The only snag is I we need a new owner by the deadline or I think he will get traded. That’s my only caveat. I’ve been hoping for a new owner for awhile. The picture in my mind has always been clear about this situation.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

It is my opinion he will. The only snag is I we need a new owner by the deadline or I think he will get traded. That’s my only caveat. I’ve been hoping for a new owner for awhile. The picture in my mind has always been clear about this situation.

And yet Ottawa came close several times to making a trade - according to some fairly knowledgeable media people. I mean...it sounds like Dorion kept to his price and no one blinked or this would have been done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum