GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
spader
Ev
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
wprager
22_4_ever
Lagoon
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm surprised there hasn't been a trade yet. Given all of this I sort of assumed that he'd be gone today. I'm sure the majority of NHL execs already knew about this so if there was a market for Hoffman I am sure it hasn't changed. Maybe they are waiting for the draft - I don't know - but I'd be surprised to see the NHL wait until then at this point.

I think they knew about it and were offering very little and I don't think this changes anything. Who would want to acquire this guy anyway? At least until this has been looked into and his part in it either cleared or confirmed. He's owed 25 million or whatever, this is a HARD trade.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm surprised there hasn't been a trade yet. Given all of this I sort of assumed that he'd be gone today. I'm sure the majority of NHL execs already knew about this so if there was a market for Hoffman I am sure it hasn't changed. Maybe they are waiting for the draft - I don't know - but I'd be surprised to see the NHL wait until then at this point.

I think they knew about it and were offering very little and I don't think this changes anything.  Who would want to acquire this guy anyway?  At least until this has been looked into and his part in it either cleared or confirmed.  He's owed 25 million or whatever, this is a HARD trade.

He's owed closer to $10M over the next two seasons. This has nothing to do with him and everything to do with his fiancé. This doesn't change the fact that he's a potential 30+ goal, 60+ point scorer with a lethal shot. I wouldn't even consider this much of a distraction to whatever team acquires him. His girlfriend, whether proven innocent or guilty, will be told by his agent to stay off of social media. This is Hoffman's career and livelihood. If she can't respect staying off of social media and getting help then Hoffman shouldn't be with her. It's as simple as that. Maybe she needs to be institutionalized? Maybe she's suffering from mental health issues? We don't know all of the details. I can't help but feel that Hoffman's trade value should not be impacted by this. Hoffman managed to still play with Karlsson and perform at the end of the season. I think his value will remain unchanged. It will suck to have an on-going NHL investigation around the team but there is no reason to think this investigation cannot be resolved over the course of the summer.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I actually feel bad for Hoffman. I once dated a girl tha, let’s just says, had some mental health issues that made her bring toxicity in and around her. She thrives on talking, bringing up and getting negativity out. This kind of behaviour is very often part of borderline disorder. Now I’m not gonna advance that this is the case but there is treatment and therapy for this type of behaviour. In my case after dealing with it for years I put an end to the relationship and was much better off for it.

If the poor guy loves her then I feel really bad for him since it’s a toxic environment to be dragged in.

We’ll see what happens but as it’s been mentioned, he’s probably played his last game here.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I think they knew about it and were offering very little and I don't think this changes anything.  Who would want to acquire this guy anyway?  At least until this has been looked into and his part in it either cleared or confirmed.  He's owed 25 million or whatever, this is a HARD trade.

He's owed closer to $10M over the next two seasons. This has nothing to do with him and everything to do with his fiancé. This doesn't change the fact that he's a potential 30+ goal, 60+ point scorer with a lethal shot. I wouldn't even consider this much of a distraction to whatever team acquires him. His girlfriend, whether proven innocent or guilty, will be told by his agent to stay off of social media. This is Hoffman's career and livelihood. If she can't respect staying off of social media and getting help then Hoffman shouldn't be with her. It's as simple as that. Maybe she needs to be institutionalized? Maybe she's suffering from mental health issues? We don't know all of the details. I can't help but feel that Hoffman's trade value should not be impacted by this. Hoffman managed to still play with Karlsson and perform at the end of the season. I think his value will remain unchanged. It will suck to have an on-going NHL investigation around the team but there is no reason to think this investigation cannot be resolved over the course of the summer.
Precisely.
Mental health isn’t only depression and suicidal. There’s a very ugly toxicity sometimes.
Like I said I feel bad for Hoffman also in all this.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:

It ALL depends on whether he was a part of this. If he was, he's a piece of Dung that's not worth a thing, if he legit didn't know and breaks up with the psycho, his career might be salvaged.

That's my opinion....

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I actually feel bad for Hoffman. I once dated a girl tha, let’s just says, had some mental health issues that made her bring toxicity in and around her. She thrives on talking, bringing up and getting negativity out. This kind of behaviour is very often part of borderline disorder. Now I’m not gonna advance that this is the case but there is treatment and therapy for this type of behaviour. In my case after dealing with it for years I put an end to the relationship and was much better off for it.

If the poor guy loves her then I feel really bad for him since it’s a toxic environment to be dragged in.

We’ll see what happens but as it’s been mentioned, he’s probably played his last game here.

I'm with you Flo. I've been with someone in the past with similar issues. You want to do everything you can to help them. For all we know he is well aware of what's been happening and being with her is his way of trying to help her and prevent her from committing physical harm to others or herself. All this to say everyone is quick to judge Hoffman and his fiancé but we don't know all the details. It seems from the other wives that she's bat-$hit crazy but stalking and this type of behaviour usually stems from some sort of psychological disorder or imbalance. Personally speaking, I am going to stop talking about this as I don't want to form any prejudices or opinions without knowing the true story. All this to say I hope everyone involved finds their peace and moves on from this amicably. I hope this doesn't end Hoffman's career - he's a talented hockey player and don't think it's fair to derail the rest of his life if he is not involved in it. If he's involved and an active participant that's a different story. But until I know the story I am going to sit back and watch this play out opinion free. I just hope the Sens do get something in return for him as I am still rooting for the success of the team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I actually feel bad for Hoffman. I once dated a girl tha, let’s just says, had some mental health issues that made her bring toxicity in and around her. She thrives on talking, bringing up and getting negativity out. This kind of behaviour is very often part of borderline disorder. Now I’m not gonna advance that this is the case but there is treatment and therapy for this type of behaviour. In my case after dealing with it for years I put an end to the relationship and was much better off for it.

I'm with you Flo. I've been with someone in the past with similar issues. You want to do everything you can to help them. For all we know he is well aware of what's been happening and being with her is his way of trying to help her and prevent her from committing physical harm to others or herself. All this to say everyone is quick to judge Hoffman and his fiancé but we don't know all the details. It seems from the other wives that she's bat-$hit crazy but stalking and this type of behaviour usually stems from some sort of psychological disorder or imbalance. Personally speaking, I am going to stop talking about this as I don't want to form any prejudices or opinions without knowing the true story. All this to say I hope everyone involved finds their peace and moves on from this amicably. I hope this doesn't end Hoffman's career - he's a talented hockey player and don't think it's fair to derail the rest of his life if he is not involved in it. If he's involved and an active participant that's a different story. But until I know the story I am going to sit back and watch this play out opinion free. I just hope the Sens do get something in return for him as I am still rooting for the success of the team.  

I just can’t see how he can be an active participant in something like this. To me this reaks of the action of bat$hit cray cray. And yeah. There’s likely a mental health issue.
It’s just sad. For everyone involved. Because even his gf can’t be happy in herself to be behaving this kind of way.

It’s just mess after mess for this organization. Seems like whenever we reach a new high we must come crashing down as an org. Same thing after the finals with players using drugs and the team falling apart.
This will take its toll as we will lose a franchise player. This time the whole organization should bear responsibility.

Still the person I want the most to go away is melnyk. Then you work your way down.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Melnyk has been quiet lately. A little too quiet for him. As has Dorion. On the draft, Randy Lee, and Hoffman front. I'm certainly speculating that we will have a new owner soon. Hopefully before the draft but time is running out to make that large an announcement before then

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Melnyk has been quiet lately. A little too quiet for him. As has Dorion. On the draft, Randy Lee, and Hoffman front. I'm certainly speculating that we will have a new owner soon. Hopefully before the draft but time is running out to make that large an announcement before then

Interesting proposition but their lack of appearances could be to minimize damages already done. They haven’t been able to do anything right without shoving their foot back in their mouth.

Seems like the org is getting a new COO. Likely that’s the big move.

Now the big question is. Why would they get a COO if a sale was imminent.
Im beginning to suspect that a sale imminent is just a bad case of the telephone game amongst rumour propagators. There isn’t anything coming. This is it. We are looking at what will be for the next few years. Until a Melnyk bankruptcy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

While this situation will not detail his career - Hitman will still get paid to play somewhere - you better believe other GMs will try to use the situation to their advantage. It's like when Heatley demanded to be treated, his value dropped immediately even though his salary did not.

I also don't think other GMs knew anything about this until now. Things were kept very private until April.

Even if Hoffman leaves her they're not going to be teammates anymore. Even if it turns out to be that it was someone else and not Caryk I don't see how this relationship can be repaired. Even if Karlsson is moved the other hockey wives would never welcome her back.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If the Sens knew of the Hoffman situation and other teams were calling on Hoffman, the Sens would likely be obliged to disclose this info to the other team.

Anyway, doesn't matter now. The trade value for Hoffman is lowered because of this, Karlsson must be counting the days until he can leave town, and our team generally stinks.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Trade Karl at the draft at this point. Get all that you can. It is obvious this team is a shell of its former self. May as well scrap everything and restart.

Just wait until the fan-base explodes when we extend Ceci to some ludicrous contract. That will be the end for those who haven't already given up on this team

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Trade Karl at the draft at this point. Get all that you can. It is obvious this team is a shell of its former self. May as well scrap everything and restart.

Just wait until the fan-base explodes when we extend Ceci to some ludicrous contract. That will be the end for those who haven't already given up on this team

Yeah I feel like this may be the only solution. I think you have to pretty much sell on every important player also that won’t resing to a long extension. If you can’t get duchene or stone to extensions over the 4 year mark you have to trade them.
Everybody else over the age of 24 should be gone in the next 2 years.
Something stinks at CTC and it’s time to take out the garbage.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.Do everything in your power to re-sign Karlsson - including offering him 12 X 8.

2.Re-sign Duchene to an 8 year extension

3.Re-sign Stone to an 8 year extension

4.Acquire a D-man using Hoffman if possible.

5.Investigate the availability of O'Reilly out of Barfalo

6.Try to swap Smith for a comparable D-man.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

The Sens and Karlsson will be fine moving forward in my opinion. It sucks that the Karlsson’s had to take this step because management didn’t trade Hoffman fast enough, but the Sens should show their loyalty and all will be forgotten. The Sens are not far off in my opinion. Their owner is a piece of Dung, but we all know that and he won’t be around much longer I don’t think.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:The Sens and Karlsson will be fine moving forward in my opinion. It sucks that the Karlsson’s had to take this step because management didn’t trade Hoffman fast enough, but the Sens should show their loyalty and all will be forgotten. The Sens are not far off in my opinion. Their owner is a piece of Dung, but we all know that and he won’t be around much longer I don’t think.

We need a new owner and everything else will fall into place, but...trading Karlsson or not being able to re-sign him is a massive step back IMO. Not only for the organization's on ice product, but also for perception of the franchise.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Im with PT on his six steps and agree with all of them, though I think O'Reilly may not be required due to cap constraints and assets.

- Ceci+Harpur+Hoffman for Klebom and 10th overall (I think his value still remains unchanged)
- Smith+Claesson (RFA) for Connor Murphy
- Bury Gaborik in minors (force him into retirement)

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Trade Karl at the draft at this point. Get all that you can. It is obvious this team is a shell of its former self. May as well scrap everything and restart.

I'm not sold that the team is that bad...

If you can resign Karl, Stone and Duch long term with the prospects coming we could be good next year. Trade Hoffmann and get something decent then we're in better shape.

BUT!!

If they do trade Karl (or plan on it) then give Colorado the 4th pick this year. The team will be a shell of itself and next years draft is much better especially the top 4 players. I'd rather one of them or even get the top pick than give it to Colorado.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum