GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Not only is Dorion not being charged with anything sexual or anything against a minor, it's also not a criminal offense, so it should not prevent him from getting into the US.

That said, what 18-20 year old will want to have anything to do with him? He would not be able to carry out the duties of his position so they would have to either move him to something else (video coach -- just be careful where you place those cameras) or push him into a resignation.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

The police have released their report and confirmed for me that Lee is a piece of Dung and should be fired immediately.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Do you have the link?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Do you have the link?

http://www.google.com

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/ottawa-citizen/20180609/281612421099861

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Do you have the link?

http://www.google.com

Thanks. I'm behind firewalls here which is making finding this info difficult. But appreciate the razzing

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ish.... that does reak of sleaze ball. Wouldn’t want such an individual part of my organization.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

@DWC what kind of firewall do you have that allows gmhockey but not Google?

Anyhow, given the positions he'd held in the organization for the last 23 years you would think this is not the first time such behavior would have been reported. Although hockey players tend to not be there whistleblower types (look how long it took Kennedy and Fleury to hey their stories out).

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the organization knew about this.

Blow it up.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I was overseas so it was defaulting to news in the area. It was hard to find the article . I didn't see it on the citizen. It also said the content I was searching for was blocked

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So in other words what you needed was not the link but the contents.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vegas nixed the Karlsson trade because of the prospect, cody glass or something. I assume Ryan was going too.

Even though we knew something was up, that's really not a positive on re-signing karlsson

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Vegas nixed the Karlsson trade because of the prospect, cody glass or something.  I assume Ryan was going too.

Even though we knew something was up, that's really not a positive on re-signing karlsson

You expect that they would turn down a trade that didn’t included a top prospect. Someone will send one if not two our way this summer.

We can’t have another Spezza trade happening.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So.... when is this sale going through?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Precisely.

So, trading season is upon us. What is everyone's predictions for what happens this off-season?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya Cody Glass is supposed to be very good so I can see why the Sens would be so insistent on having him included in a trade. Vegas unfortunately pissed their draft picks away on Tatar. Their prospect cupboards are pretty bare due to being an expansion team. Not sure Vegas has the assets anymore to make a trade. I'd want Glass and Theodore (who fell out of favour in the finals) plus some futures coming back. Not sure exactly what they have, but it ultimately depends on how badly Ottawa wants to get rid of Ryan.

I still think Philly makes the most sense for Karlsson. They have the assets and cap room to get something done and the need to do it (if they want to compete with Wash, Pitt, and Clb). This includes potentially adding Ryan as well (with the obvious Bobby Clarke linkages)

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Vegas has some nice prospects besides Glass, but yes, if Ottawa is trading Karlsson, Glass is the main prospect coming back I would assume. After that give me Theodore or Miller both of whom are RFA’s. McNabb is on a beautiful contract for the game he plays. Brannstrom is next. Their 2nd in 2018 and 1st in 2019 is a given.

Karlsson and Ryan for Miller, Tuch, Glass, 2018 2nd and 2019 1st. That’s close to a deal and would keep us competitive without Karlsson.

Vegas still gets a lot of perks when it comes to roster protection and benefits, over and above the other 30 teams for Seattle’s expansion and still has tons of cap space so they are fine going forward with this deal or without.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate this. I wish we could just sign the fing player. How many times do you get a player like this in your franchise? And Diddle you not giving up Glass or whatever. Ugh...I'll go hide under a rock until this is over

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Vegas has some nice prospects besides Glass, but yes, if Ottawa is trading Karlsson, Glass is the main prospect coming back I would assume. After that give me Theodore or Miller both of whom are RFA’s. McNabb is on a beautiful contract for the game he plays. Brannstrom is next. Their 2nd in 2018 and 1st in 2019 is a given.

Karlsson and Ryan for Miller, Tuch, Glass, 2018 2nd and 2019 1st. That’s close to a deal and would keep us competitive without Karlsson.

Vegas still gets a lot of perks when it comes to roster protection and benefits, over and above the other 30 teams for Seattle’s expansion and still has tons of cap space so they are fine going forward with this deal or without.
I don’t know that Vegas agrees to that deal.
I’m in the camp that believes our hands are a bit tied when it comes to karlsson, probably take tuch out of that deal to mKe it realistic and it still looks fairly good on our end.
Glass will likely be a number 1C

I’d ask for McNabb over Miller obviously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum