GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:Top notch hockey asset? You do realize that he had been the Bingo/Belleville GM the last 3-4 seasons. And prior to that he was in charge of player development, including they likes of JOB, Cowen, Lehner, Lazar, Wiercioch, Puempel.

If only the job was just running Bingo/Belleville. There's a lot more to it than that, and yes I call him a top notch NHL mind. He was instrumental for the development of the team that went to the Stanley Cup, and I don't remember anyone Wing Dang Doodle about him then. Losing Randy Lee will have a huge affect on this frachise, he's been around for 20 years, and in charge of development for more than 10 years...

So I guess the sens haven't developed players for the last 20 years... Don't be so short sighted. Just because he isn't in the paper every day or on the Radio doesn't mean he isn't a big part of the team.

I stand by my stance that if he's guilty, he'll be sent away on administrative leave for however long to get "help" and then he'll be back. This isn't as big a black eye for the association as you might think. It's not even an offense that will go on his record...hell Melnyk himself has been found guilty or more egregious actions by the OSC and was banned from holding board positions for more than 5 years.

Is it reprehensible what he did, yes...but why would you fire a good employee because of something that doesn't result in a criminal record.

Fire him because he's not doing his job...but don't use this as an excuse.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I had an incredibly vivid dream that Eugene sold the Sens. I opened up tsn.ca and there was a big picture of The Alfie speaking at a podium announcing the sale of the team to a group that included Minto and a couple other companies (not the Cirque de Soleil group from what I remember). In my dream, I cried tears of joy…it was so ridiculous. The worst part was waking up and coming to the realization that it was just a dream. Oh well, hopefully dreams do come true and the rumours of the NHL holding off announcing anything until after the Stanley Cup Finals are true.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

If found guilty, he probably won’t be allowed to work around kids or boys, so there’s that. His leave won’t be an excuse, it would probably be ordered by a judge. I’ve been around the court system, it is not a surprise to me that he won’t be allowed to attend the draft without major inconveniences.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I had an incredibly vivid dream that Eugene sold the Sens.  I opened up tsn.ca and there was a big picture of The Alfie speaking at a podium announcing the sale of the team to a group that included Minto and a couple other companies (not the Cirque de Soleil group from what I remember).  In my dream, I cried tears of joy…it was so ridiculous.  The worst part was waking up and coming to the realization that it was just a dream.  Oh well, hopefully dreams do come true and the rumours of the NHL holding off announcing anything until after the Stanley Cup Finals are true.

Please happen

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:If found guilty, he probably won’t be allowed to work around kids or boys, so there’s that. His leave won’t be an excuse, it would probably be ordered by a judge. I’ve been around the court system, it is not a surprise to me that he won’t be allowed to attend the draft without major inconveniences.

Not to say that you don't know what you're talking about, but technically the "harassment" wasn't against a minor, it was against an adult. So any punishment/restrictions (unless proactively imposed by the Sens) would have nothing to do with minors/kids.

Also, if he's convicted, he will no longer be allowed to travel to the States, so yeah, he won't be at the draft.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:If found guilty, he probably won’t be allowed to work around kids or boys, so there’s that. His leave won’t be an excuse, it would probably be ordered by a judge. I’ve been around the court system, it is not a surprise to me that he won’t be allowed to attend the draft without major inconveniences.

Not to say that you don't know what you're talking about, but technically the "harassment" wasn't against a minor, it was against an adult.  So any punishment/restrictions (unless proactively imposed by the Sens) would have nothing to do with minors/kids.

Also, if he's convicted, he will no longer be allowed to travel to the States, so yeah, he won't be at the draft.

Without getting into the Criminal Code and language within it, harassment is becoming more and more serious each and every day. It depends what facts come out when they do. If this gets deemed to be sexual harassment, there will mostly likely be a condition that limits his involvement and interaction with “kids or children” just to err on the side of caution.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did you guys hear that rumour of karlsson being traded for Subban? Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Did you guys hear that rumour of karlsson being traded for Subban? Facepalm

Yeah, I'd love that if we were gonna lose Karlsson. If Karlsson agreed to an extension there, but wouldn't here, that would be a great trade. I'm so afraid of losing him for nothing, or getting a crap return. So afraid...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

No thanks. I'd much prefer futures and prospects than subban

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Not to say that you don't know what you're talking about, but technically the "harassment" wasn't against a minor, it was against an adult.  So any punishment/restrictions (unless proactively imposed by the Sens) would have nothing to do with minors/kids.

Without getting into the Criminal Code and language within it, harassment is becoming more and more serious each and every day. It depends what facts come out when they do. If this gets deemed to be sexual harassment, there will mostly likely be a condition that limits his involvement and interaction with “kids or children” just to err on the side of caution.

But he's not charged with anything sexual...just general harassment.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Did you guys hear that rumour of karlsson being traded for Subban? Facepalm

Yeah, I'd love that if we were gonna lose Karlsson.  If Karlsson agreed to an extension there, but wouldn't here, that would be a great trade.  I'm so afraid of losing him for nothing, or getting a crap return.  So afraid...

I don’t want Subban! I’d much rather have a mix of picks and prospects!

If we trade Kalrsson we are gonna get some heavy duty offers. That to me is not an offer I’d like the Sens to accept.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Yeah, I'd love that if we were gonna lose Karlsson.  If Karlsson agreed to an extension there, but wouldn't here, that would be a great trade.  I'm so afraid of losing him for nothing, or getting a crap return.  So afraid...

If we trade Kalrsson we are gonna get some heavy duty offers. That to me is not an offer I’d like the Sens to accept.

That's mostly my fear, that the offers won't be good enough because he's a pending free agent.

Subban is incredible, what could you possibly not like about him? The dude is nominated for a Norris and he got limited pp time on pp2. Think about that one.

He's a tank. If we lose karlsson he'd be perfect here, in fact, what would Nashville even be thinking on that one?

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

You realize this isn't a criminal charge, and no one would know if they didn't know the history. There's nothing going on his record about this even if he is guilty, and at worst it's a fine and 15 days in jail. This offense is considered less than drinking and driving.

There is no reason he couldn't continue, now whether you want him as part of the team is another thing, but this offense by no way prevents him from being able to work around kids or continuing to go to the states.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

That's mostly my fear, that the offers won't be good enough because he's a pending free agent.

Subban is incredible, what could you possibly not like about him?  The dude is nominated for a Norris and he got limited pp time on pp2.  Think about that one.

He's a tank.  If we lose karlsson he'd be perfect here, in fact, what would Nashville even be thinking on that one?

I’ve never liked his attitude and if we are rebuilding then why would you want to Center the team around him, and why would you not want the multitude of assets you’d get in return for Kalrsson to build the new teM with. Kalrsson for Subban is a step backwards.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Subban is incredible, what could you possibly not like about him?  The dude is nominated for a Norris and he got limited pp time on pp2.  Think about that one.

He's a tank.  If we lose karlsson he'd be perfect here, in fact, what would Nashville even be thinking on that one?

I’ve never liked his attitude and if we are rebuilding then why would you want to Center the team around him, and why would you not want the multitude of assets you’d get in return for Kalrsson to build the new teM with. Kalrsson for Subban is a step backwards.

You know what might be a monumental step backwards? The package we receive back for Karlsson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not only is Dorion not being charged with anything sexual or anything against a minor, it's also not a criminal offense, so it should not prevent him from getting into the US.

That said, what 18-20 year old will want to have anything to do with him? He would not be able to carry out the duties of his position so they would have to either move him to something else (video coach -- just be careful where you place those cameras) or push him into a resignation.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

The police have released their report and confirmed for me that Lee is a piece of Dung and should be fired immediately.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Do you have the link?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum