GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Sharks - Dec 9, 2017, 10:00pm

+2
wprager
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

We were sitting pretty before the Turris trade. Since then, sure, we beat Colorado twice, but that's not saying much.

Dorion needs to step in and say to Boucher that they tried it his way, with his players (Pyatt, DiDo, Dumont, Thompson - all players not drafted by Dorion); now it's time to try it with the players they actually drafted and developed.

Let's lose big. Sir the vets and play the kids. Oduya out, Chabot and Claesson playing a regular shift. I like Pyatt, but I want to see what White and Chlapik can do. They will be a pain in the rear to play against. Dumont can be the other one who sits. I never understood that pick up.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Someone at work was selling front row tickets to the Winter Classic, $250 each or all did for $1250. Have a feeling it'll be well short of a sellout.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Someone at work was selling front row tickets to the Winter Classic, $250 each or all did for $1250. Have a feeling it'll be well short of a sellout.

It's already sold out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:We were sitting pretty before the Turris trade. Since then, sure, we beat Colorado twice, but that's not saying much.

Dorion needs to step in and say to Boucher that they tried it his way, with his players (Pyatt, DiDo, Dumont, Thompson - all players not drafted by Dorion); now it's time to try it with the players they actually drafted and developed.

Let's lose big. Sir the vets and play the kids. Oduya out, Chabot and Claesson playing a regular shift. I like Pyatt, but I want to see what White and Chlapik can do. They will be a pain in the rear to play against. Dumont can be the other one who sits. I never understood that pick up.

Yeah. I think it’s time to ship out a few disposables and let the kids run with it a little. They’ll be growing pains but they might be needed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Seriously, they have 3 points in 11 games? How much worse would it be if the kids were playing?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Someone at work was selling front row tickets to the Winter Classic, $250 each or all did for $1250. Have a feeling it'll be well short of a sellout.

Front row seats are the worst and cheapest seats in the house, FYI

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:We were sitting pretty before the Turris trade. Since then, sure, we beat Colorado twice, but that's not saying much.

Yeah. I think it’s time to ship out a few disposables and let the kids run with it a little. They’ll be growing pains but they might be needed.

There's not really anyone worth trading other than maybe Ceci.  Apparently other teams are showing interest in Brassard, Hoffman, and Pageau, but I can't see dealing those guys...yet.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

There's not really anyone worth trading other than maybe Ceci.  Apparently other teams are showing interest in Brassard, Hoffman, and Pageau, but I can't see dealing those guys...yet.

Smith is the guy with positive value I think should get traded. Makes room for white or another youngster. Pyatt would get interest but the return isn’t worth it. Obviously Burrows isn’t going anywhere.

Apart from that it’s tough to say who else could be traded that would be a positive thing. And as garrioch noted, non of these trades make any sense unless they’re an improvement for the Sens.

So I just don’t see it.

Brass, hoff or pageau traded is just stupid at this point. Doesn’t help us.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I haven't heard yet of a players only, closed doors meeting. IMO that should have already happened.

Losing in Buffalo would be hitting bottom - their third in a little over a week. Even if they win, they have gone from being one of 3 teams left standing to being the third worst.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum