GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Blue Jackets - Nov 24, 2017, 7:00pm

+2
Ev
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Senators finish their 3-game road trip with tonight's game in Columbus. The Jackets are on a 5-game winning streak while the Senators have lost 4 straight. If they lose tonight, then the first game home could make it 6 straight losses. Already out of a playoff position (with 4 teams between them and the 2nd wildcard spot) the Senators can ill-afford extending this losing streak. This year's draft is not one that gets you excited about tanking (odds of getting Dahlin won't be great).

DiDomenico has been waived and sent to Belleville, so Dumont will draw. Both Chabot and Harpur will play, which means Oduya sits. While that's a move I can't disagree with, that's a pretty significant shake-up to an already shaky defensive corps. Three regulars out (Oduya joining Wideman and Boro) means pretty much everyone is getting used to a new partner.

Duchene is still looking for his first point as a Senator. I have not see any "www.hasduchenescoredyet.com" websites yet, but this is getting a little worrisome. Maybe he should use Paul MacLean's ageless advice and get into a scrap to get out of a slump.

Go Sens!

P.S. Bruins (one of the teams we're chasing) are playing the Penguins at 1pm. We'll know, soon-enough, if we can catch them (currently same point total, same games, more ROWs). The Redwings hold down the 3rd place in the Atlantic, 1 points up on the Sens/Bruins having played 2 more games. If they lose (7PM versus Rangers) it will only take 1 points to pass them in the standings.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The Senators finish their 3-game road trip with tonight's game in Columbus.  The Jackets are on a 5-game winning streak while the Senators have lost 4 straight.  If they lose tonight, then the first game home could make it 6 straight losses.  Already out of a playoff position (with 4 teams between them and the 2nd wildcard spot) the Senators can ill-afford extending this losing streak.  This year's draft is not one that gets you excited about tanking (odds of getting Dahlin won't be great).

DiDomenico has been waived and sent to Belleville, so Dumont will draw.    Both Chabot and Harpur will play, which means Oduya sits.  While that's a move I can't disagree with, that's a pretty significant shake-up to an already shaky defensive corps.  Three regulars out (Oduya joining Wideman and Boro) means pretty much everyone is getting used to a new partner.

Duchene is still looking for his first point as a Senator.  I have not see any "www.hasduchenescoredyet.com" websites yet, but this is getting a little worrisome.  Maybe he should use Paul MacLean's ageless advice and get into a scrap to get out of a slump.

Go Sens!

P.S. Bruins (one of the teams we're chasing) are playing the Penguins at 1pm.  We'll know, soon-enough, if we can catch them (currently same point total, same games, more ROWs).  The Redwings hold down the 3rd place in the Atlantic, 1 points up on the Sens/Bruins having played 2 more games.  If they lose (7PM versus Rangers) it will only take 1 points to pass them in the standings.

DiDo was claimed by Tampa

Oduya isn't sitting, Claesson is.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:The Senators finish their 3-game road trip with tonight's game in Columbus.  The Jackets are on a 5-game winning streak while the Senators have lost 4 straight.  If they lose tonight, then the first game home could make it 6 straight losses.  Already out of a playoff position (with 4 teams between them and the 2nd wildcard spot) the Senators can ill-afford extending this losing streak.  This year's draft is not one that gets you excited about tanking (odds of getting Dahlin won't be great).

DiDomenico has been waived and sent to Belleville, so Dumont will draw.    Both Chabot and Harpur will play, which means Oduya sits.  While that's a move I can't disagree with, that's a pretty significant shake-up to an already shaky defensive corps.  Three regulars out (Oduya joining Wideman and Boro) means pretty much everyone is getting used to a new partner.

Duchene is still looking for his first point as a Senator.  I have not see any "www.hasduchenescoredyet.com" websites yet, but this is getting a little worrisome.  Maybe he should use Paul MacLean's ageless advice and get into a scrap to get out of a slump.

Go Sens!

P.S. Bruins (one of the teams we're chasing) are playing the Penguins at 1pm.  We'll know, soon-enough, if we can catch them (currently same point total, same games, more ROWs).  The Redwings hold down the 3rd place in the Atlantic, 1 points up on the Sens/Bruins having played 2 more games.  If they lose (7PM versus Rangers) it will only take 1 points to pass them in the standings.

Laughing3 Facepalm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Go Sens!

Laughing3 Facepalm

Good for him, since he gets to keep his NHL salary. He's not part of our future and it's clear he wasn't wanted league wide.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Go Sens!

Laughing3 Facepalm

Good for him, since he gets to keep his NHL salary. He's not part of our future and it's clear he wasn't wanted league wide.
I’m not sure grabriel Dumon is not a downgrade from DiDo. I think DiDo had probably a better nose for the net than Dumont.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Columbus and specifically Bobrovsky have been red hot lately. This is a tough one for sure. Interesting to see Claesson getting scratched, but Boucher likes his vets (and Harpur apparently).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I have a feeling Duchene will get his first point as a Senator in a loss tonight.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson stinks this year wow

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So.... do I need to be my usual pessimistic self about how this team is playing or are some of you coming around to seeing what we really are?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So.... do I need to be my usual pessimistic self about how this team is playing or are some of you coming around to seeing what we really are?

I’m not. Sens will win tomorrow. This team is good, it’s all about confidence and goaltending.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This will define their season right here. Can they bounce out of this and put together a long stretch of great play or do they fall further out.

They're a good team, this might help later in the year and help them really gell.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Really surprised he sat out Claesson. He hasn't been great but he hasn't been worse than Oduya or Harpur or Phaneuf. I understand but sitting Phaneuf, but Oduya is little more than PTO kind of player and Harpur needs more time learning to be aggressive (they said he'd been playing with more of an edge in Belleville, but he hasn't tried to do that yet in the NHL).

Very odd decision making.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That said, Oduya and Harpur were 0, as was the regular shipping boy, Ceci. The other 3Dv were all varrying shades of minus (-3 for EK, -3 for Chabot and -1 for Dion).

Of course Freddy Boom-Boom Claesson would have been +4.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This PP is not ticking. It looked a lot more fast and effective at the start of the year. Maybe there’s too much on karlsson be ping the productive guy on the PP

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Everyone knows the puck is going back to EK.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum