GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:2 year extension for Boro, $1.2M per (same as now).

Ok, I guess.

Yeah...I mean, the usual Sens Twitter suspects are having a meltdown about it, but spending $1.2M for two seasons on a 6th/7th defenseman who is also tough as nails is not going to have a negative effect on the team.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Ok, I guess.

Yeah...I mean, the usual Sens Twitter suspects are having a meltdown about it, but spending $1.2M for two seasons on a 6th/7th defenseman who is also tough as nails is not going to have a negative effect on the team.

I think that's an important designation for this deal to really work. He has to be a 6th or 7th D-man on any given night, so a healthy scratch from time to time. Otherwise, it's good. I'm falling into the category of wanting all D-men to have size and mobility and be able to outlet pass. Boro has the size and some mobility, but can't really make the breakout passes we all want. But then there's the fact that he leaves it out on the ice every single shift.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

2 year extension for Boro, $1.2M per (same as now).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's a little surprising. He should get passed on the depth chart fairly soon. You hope he's tradeable within the next two years.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ThisJustIn!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

ThisJustIn!

That's weird. I must have reloaded a page and it was on the "post" URL still? Anyhow, keeps me still in the hunt to eventually catch PTFlea Smile

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Ok, I guess.

I think that's an important designation for this deal to really work.  He has to be a 6th or 7th D-man on any given night, so a healthy scratch from time to time.  Otherwise, it's good.  I'm falling into the category of wanting all D-men to have size and mobility and be able to outlet pass.  Boro has the size and some mobility, but can't really make the breakout passes we all want.  But then there's the fact that he leaves it out on the ice every single shift.
I just wonder how expandable he'll be once Jaros makes the team. I'm not sure Jaros fights but he hits like a mot$&@+*^%ker!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

ThisJustIn!
Laugh1 I was gonna use the same smiley.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All this TSN talk about possibly trading Turris. I don't like it. Why don't we give him 6mill x7Y? He'll be a damn fine 2nd line C towards the end of that contract. He's still young. I don't get it. I doubt we keep brassard past his contract. This better be posturing

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:All this TSN talk about possibly trading Turris. I don't like it. Why don't we give him 6mill x7Y? He'll be a damn fine 2nd line C towards the end of that contract. He's still young. I don't get it. I doubt we keep brassard past his contract. This better be posturing

Because that's a ridiculous contract. 7 years should only be reserved for true star players. We signed Ryan because the team would have been shredded for letting him go, but he didn't really deserve a 7 year deal either. IMO 7 year deals should only be given to players in or entering their prime.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:All this TSN talk about possibly trading Turris. I don't like it. Why don't we give him 6mill x7Y? He'll be a damn fine 2nd line C towards the end of that contract. He's still young. I don't get it. I doubt we keep brassard past his contract. This better be posturing

He's getting older and his body could give out at any time. 7 or 8 years is too long. If he wants that length, I'd like it down to 5 million.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Because that's a ridiculous contract. 7 years should only be reserved for true star players. We signed Ryan because the team would have been shredded for letting him go, but he didn't really deserve a 7 year deal either. IMO 7 year deals should only be given to players in or entering their prime.
I compare the value of Turris to that of Krejci. And krejci is way overpaid. But if he can get a long Donkey deal like that then 7 years for Turris at 6 mill is exactly what he’s worth

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

He's getting older and his body could give out at any time.  7 or 8 years is too long.  If he wants that length, I'd like it down to 5 million.

Hes had injuries but nothing to suggest he won’t be able to last. For a matter of fact anybody can go down to injuries. If he does then you have LTIR. We’ll have a new owner by then anyways Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

I compare the value of Turris to that of Krejci. And krejci is way overpaid. But if he can get a long Donkey deal like that then 7 years for Turris at 6 mill is exactly what he’s worth

Krejci is better though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Krejci is better though.

Not by much if any.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Krejci is better though.

Not by much if any.

Krejci routinely puts up 60 points, where Turris has done it once. Over a longer period of time Krejci also has a high .ppg hy.15 and he's a playoff beast.

It's not outlandish to compare the two, but I don't know if Turris is really quite there

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tonight's second pairing... "boro wideman"... ouch

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Tonight's second pairing... "boro wideman"... ouch

2nd pairing? No Karlsson?

Sponsored content