GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How many points will Chabot get?

+3
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How many points will Chabot get?

How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 1 ]
How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_lcap238%How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 3 ]
How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 1 ]
How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_lcap225%How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 2 ]
How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:37 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They learned that the young guys aren't ready if they learned anything at all in the last 3 games. Glad to see them assign them to Belleville. They need veteran NHLers right now and Dorion's inaction is getting really frustrating.

No Karlsson to start the season, No CMac (maybe ever), No Brassard to start the season, the loss of Methot a while ago. He's been quoted as saying he wanted more offense before he even knew he'd be without all of those guys. WTF is he waiting for? 3 or 4 more guys to get injured?

17How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:53 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

They learned? Far as I know Formenton and Brown are still here.

18How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:They learned that the young guys aren't ready if they learned anything at all in the last 3 games.  Glad to see them assign them to Belleville.  They need veteran NHLers right now and Dorion's inaction is getting really frustrating.

No Karlsson to start the season, No CMac (maybe ever), No Brassard to start the season, the loss of Methot a while ago. He's been quoted as saying he wanted more offense before he even knew he'd be without all of those guys.  WTF is he waiting for?  3 or 4 more guys to get injured?

Brassard is ready. Karlsson will most likely be back in the next week or so. That's why Chabot was sent down. I dont think play in preseason games shows if Chabot is ready or not, but with Karlsson back he wouldn't get much ice time

I dont see any inaction here. Its just a case of brassard and karlsson ready to return

19How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:They learned? Far as I know Formenton and Brown are still here.

and neither showed they arent ready. But Brown would need to play wing if brassard is back

20How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:They learned that the young guys aren't ready if they learned anything at all in the last 3 games.  Glad to see them assign them to Belleville.  They need veteran NHLers right now and Dorion's inaction is getting really frustrating.

No Karlsson to start the season, No CMac (maybe ever), No Brassard to start the season, the loss of Methot a while ago. He's been quoted as saying he wanted more offense before he even knew he'd be without all of those guys.  WTF is he waiting for?  3 or 4 more guys to get injured?

Brassard is ready. Karlsson will most likely be back in the next week or so. That's why  Chabot was sent down. I dont think play in preseason games shows if  Chabot is ready or not, but with Karlsson back he wouldn't get much ice time

I dont see any inaction here. Its just a case of brassard and karlsson ready to return

He assumed those guys would be in the lineup and still said he needed more offense. Guys like Brown and White is a poor excuse of an answer to that question if that's his game plan.

- Unknown Author

21How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

and neither showed they arent ready. But Brown would need to play wing if brassard is back

Before the last game, Boucher was quoted as saying this was the players last chance to show us what they could do and challenge for a spot. The last 3 games were terrible. Outscored 22 to 6. No one showed anything in those last three games especially when two of them would arguably be tossed out completely as games to just move on from.

- Unknown Author

22How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ev wrote:

Brassard is ready. Karlsson will most likely be back in the next week or so. That's why  Chabot was sent down. I dont think play in preseason games shows if  Chabot is ready or not, but with Karlsson back he wouldn't get much ice time

He assumed those guys would be in the lineup and still said he needed more offense.  Guys like Brown and White is a poor excuse of an answer to that question if that's his game plan.

sorry I'm not sure I'm following. The sens are capable of providing more offense without adding anything to the roster. They were a top 10 offensive team two seasons ago. That is what he's referring to.

23How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ev wrote:

Before the last game, Boucher was quoted as saying this was the players last chance to show us what they could do and challenge for a spot.  The last 3 games were terrible. Outscored 22 to 6.  No one showed anything in those last three games especially when two of them would arguably be tossed out completely as games to just move on from.

Even Boucher knows preseason games are meaningless. A guy like Brown already showed he deserves to play regular season games and really show his worth. Boucher isn't going to say it, but it's not like it matters how they played or how many goals they gave up in the preseason.

24How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Brown will have to play wing when Brassard is back then doesn't it follow that Chabot would have to play the left side? We still haven't seen what he can do playing on his natural side.

I'm ok with this move, I really am. But don't tell me that Brown us more ready than Chabot when he got to play with Ryan and Stone. When he was put on a line with Dzingel and Burrows he did plenty of nothing.

25How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:If Brown will have to play wing when Brassard is back then doesn't it follow that Chabot would have to play the left side?  We still haven't seen what he can do playing on his natural side.  

I'm ok with this move, I really am.  But don't tell me that Brown us more ready than Chabot when he got to play with Ryan and Stone.  When he was put on a line with Dzingel and Burrows he did plenty of nothing.

Chabot had plenty of opportunity in the preseason lol. It's just a numbers game on D rn

26How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I know he had opportunity, but not like Brown.  If Brown had spent all his icetime with Dzingel and Burrows, do you think he would have been anywhere near that productive?

27How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think this is an indicator that karlsson is ready. Chabot won't be down long imo

28How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:21 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is the poll for how many points he'll get in the NHL?

His performance, and the performance of the big club, will dictate how long he's down in the AHL for. I think our D will be fine without him, and he can get big minutes in the AHL.

29How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:40 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I think this is an indicator that karlsson is ready.  Chabot won't be down long imo

Don't overthink this. With Chabot Ottawa would have carried 8 d-men to start the year. Chabot was -5 against the Habs. He's an offensively-minded defenseman in a defensively-minded system. He needs to work on that aspect of the game.

As for Brown, that's more of an interesting scenario. I can see Ottawa having White play in the AHL on what they will call a 'rehab' stint when in reality they will let him develop too. I see McCormick or Paul being the call-up before White. Just my opinion.

30How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Unfortunately White's injury wiped out most of his training camp. But he was in the lineup against Pittsburgh in the ECF so I think he has earned more of Boucher's trust than an early and a late cut from this year's camp.

31How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:36 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What I'm trying to say is, when he's medically ready, he'll be the first call up.

32How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

With puck moving being such a premium in this league and Chabot's amazing ability to both pass the puck and rush the puck (a la Karlsson), he really won't be away from the league long. They, rightly, want him to ride the bus for a while, while being the number 1 D-man and learning from the coaches down there before they call him up. For the most part, I was stunned at how good he is judging by pre-season. Really made things happened - forced good things to happen - and you can't really teach that. Gonna be an interesting year for him.

33How many points will Chabot get? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many points will Chabot get? Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was pleasantly surprised by Chabot, but he was pretty bad in that ugly loss to the Habs. His first two games were home games; his last two were away games (Winnipeg/Montreal). The Jets were missing their entire top line and couldn't do anything except score on powerplays. But in the Habs game Chabot was -5 and while you can't blame the loss on a 19 year old kid, he wasn't very good, to put it mildly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum