GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm

+7
wprager
Hobiesens
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
spader
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 10:38 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Claesson is very good. Perhaps top 4 good next season.

I think we all know what has to happen to beat the Pens/Caps. We need contributions from Burrows and the rest of the 'bottom six'. Stone and Turris appear to be rounding into form, Hoffman looks very good, Brassard is Brassard, Ryan is playing well, but without Burrows, Smith, Stalberg (who is always injured lol), Pyatt etc. chipping in, we'll be in trouble.

Feels good right now. Karlsson is the King - no questions there.

32R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 11:01 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson is the King of the North! What. A. Game. Wow. Turris didn't end up with any points, but man did he play great. And dragging his foot to keep the Stone goal onside....brilliant. Bobby R with some giant shot blocks too...amazing. Scoring the first goal...who knew?

I think I'd rather face Washington as they like to collapse in the playoffs and Holtby has been oddly shaky, whereas Fleury has been in old Fleury form. So hard to pick though because both will be incredibly tough. Here's hoping for lots of injuries tonight!

33R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 11:09 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Claesson is very good.  Perhaps top 4 good next season.  

I think we all know what has to happen to beat the Pens/Caps.  We need contributions from Burrows and the rest of the 'bottom six'.  Stone and Turris appear to be rounding into form, Hoffman looks very good, Brassard is Brassard, Ryan is playing well, but without Burrows, Smith, Stalberg (who is always injured lol), Pyatt etc. chipping in, we'll be in trouble.

Feels good right now.  Karlsson is the King - no questions there.

Nah. Leave him with easier minutes.

We can take either of the two teams coming up. Rather player Pittsburgh.

34R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 11:43 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

I think we all know what has to happen to beat the Pens/Caps.  We need contributions from Burrows and the rest of the 'bottom six'.  Stone and Turris appear to be rounding into form, Hoffman looks very good, Brassard is Brassard, Ryan is playing well, but without Burrows, Smith, Stalberg (who is always injured lol), Pyatt etc. chipping in, we'll be in trouble.

I am for leaving Ceci unprotected at this point. Protect Methot, Karl, and leave Phaneuf's NMC alone. Vegas will take one of Ceci, Wideman, or Claesson who are all replaceable.

Methot-Karlsson
Claesson-Wideman
Phaneuf-Harpur
Extra: Boro

Chabot will get called up at some point and I can see Phaneuf playing on his off-wing

35R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 11:47 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I am also in the camp of hoping Pitt wins tonight.

- Crosby vs Pageau would be the match-up to watch
- Malkin vs Smith/Burrows should eliminate the 2C threat
- Weak goaltending in Pitt. High right on Fleury
- Poor defencemen. Ottawa definitely with the advantage

If Washington wins I don't think we have the match-ups to stop Wilson from running people over and their four line threat is way more dangerous than the Rags'

36R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

Might be an option. We might have to investigate a veteran right-handed D-man though.

37R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I am one step closer to my pre-season bet. $250 on Sens to win the East to win $6,250. I don't know if I'll keep riding it out...

38R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice haul if they win.

- Unknown Author

39R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 2:47 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

Might be an option. We might have to investigate a veteran right-handed D-man though.

Stone

40R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

I am for leaving Ceci unprotected at this point. Protect Methot, Karl, and leave Phaneuf's NMC alone. Vegas will take one of Ceci, Wideman, or Claesson who are all replaceable.

Methot-Karlsson
Claesson-Wideman
Phaneuf-Harpur

Chabot will get called up at some point and I can see Phaneuf playing on his off-wing
There is no way Ceci is not protected or traded.  They won't lose a 23 year old top 4 defence man for nothing.  That is asinine.

41R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 3:11 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Methot-Karlsson
Claesson-Wideman
Phaneuf-Harpur

There is no way Ceci is not protected or traded.  They won't lose a 23 year old top 4 defence man for nothing.  That is asinine.

Is it better to leave Methot unprotected? I think that's more asinine. And I am not saying don't trade Ceci. You may not be able to convince Phaneuf to waive hit NTC and if that's the case then you protect Karlsson and Methot. I was in the Ceci camp before, but I think what he brings to the table can be replaced via free agency. Methot's skill-set is harder to replace though I do understand the pros and cons with sticking with Methot over Ceci. Fact is, I think Claesson or Wideman are more likely to be taken than Ceci

42R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

If Widemsn got grabbed that would be great.   Method is 32 making 4.9M and is carried by the best player on the planet, not to mention he is somewhat injury prone.  He is quite replaceable.

43R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm - Page 3 Empty Re: R2GDT#6: Sens @ Rangers, May 9, 7:30pm Wed May 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah Ceci gets traded before he's exposed. No doubts about that.

Wiseman hasn't played great these playoffs. If he's picked up you have Harpur stepping into his spot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum