GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #78: Sens @ Wings, Apr 3, 2017, 7:00pm

+3
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
tim1_2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of the latter part of the game, White had one shift in the last 23 minutes while Ryan didn't play second half of the third.

White didn't play simply because the 4th line didn't play. Should have used him for fresher legs.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The difference between 1 point and 2 was the goaltending. Simple as that. Sens dominated the Wings in 3rd and OT

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Speaking of the latter part of the game, White had one shift in the last 23 minutes while Ryan didn't play second half of the third.

White didn't play simply because the 4th line didn't play.  Should have used him for fresher legs.  

They dominated the 3rd so benching the 4th line worked out perfectly.

Ryan was injured.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:The difference between 1 point and 2 was the goaltending. Simple as that. Sens dominated the Wings in 3rd and OT

Mrazek wasn't great either, so the difference wasn't really goaltending. You always blame Anderson though, so I get that it's your schtick and you're going to stick to it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ryan not in a long shootout?

Injured.

Also, it's amazing how much better a Ceci-less overtime looks.

GDT - Game #78: Sens @ Wings, Apr 3, 2017, 7:00pm - Page 3 852933671
Not sure that's Ceci's fault as much as boucher for plugging him out there all the time in ot

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:The difference between 1 point and 2 was the goaltending. Simple as that. Sens dominated the Wings in 3rd and OT

Mrazek wasn't great either, so the difference wasn't really goaltending.  You always blame Anderson though, so I get that it's your schtick and you're going to stick to it.

it's not a shtick. Anderson before injury was great. After injury he has been letting in stinkers.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

Mrazek wasn't great either, so the difference wasn't really goaltending.  You always blame Anderson though, so I get that it's your schtick and you're going to stick to it.

Mrazek had one brain-fart goal, Anderson had two. That's 100% worse if you believe math. Mrazek was also better in the shootout as several of the attempts on Andy were simply misses, not stops. But that is also on the shooters -- how many of them tried to go five-hole? Stone had the right idea with that deke but a rightie going in on the left side has nothing to shoot for if he goes forehand-backhand; you've got to come in right-to-left or maybe straight in (or you have to be able to skate like Kane and make the goalie believe you are going to cut across to the right and tuck it in far side on the forehand).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum