GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #56: Sens @ Leafs, Feb 18, 2017, 7:00pm

+4
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:We can't keep losing to the leafs. Hopefully having Anderson back gives us what we need

We're 2-1 against them this year.
Are we? I thought it was the opposite.

I guess that original loss left a very sour taste in my mouths

If you're talking about the opening game, we won that one. The win was overshadowed by Matthews's goals, but the Sens won in OT.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Why do you throw in "Perron has been playing better, of late." at the end?

If Hoffman is on the mend Perron could be a logical replacement.

I don't think they would call anyone up since they're already carrying an extra forward.

You can carry a 23 man roster during the regular season (prior to roster expansion). That's 4 lines, 3 defensive pairings, 2 goalies *and* three extra skaters. Right now they have two (7th D and 13th F).

But the spare is there was insurance against injuries, so if someone can't go the extra skater will play. No call-ups unless we have two injuries.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Why do you throw in "Perron has been playing better, of late." at the end?

No chance.  He needs another year after this in the ahl, maybe 2.

Not talking about a regular spot but a game on the fourth line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

He has 14 points in 47 games. It isn't his time yet. Also, like someone else said (Tim?), they already have an extra forward. No need to call anyone up.

As I mentioned, he has been playing better of later.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:We can't keep losing to the leafs. Hopefully having Anderson back gives us what we need

We're 2-1 against them this year.
Are we? I thought it was the opposite.

I guess that original loss left a very sour taste in my mouths

We won the preseason game and the first regular season game in OT. So not sure what you meant by "original" game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like Lazar and Claesson will sit. Methot returns to action.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson starts.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really saw and felt that coming a mile away

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Free goals! Get your free goals!!!!"

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It was a lot closer than the score is now letting onl

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, what composure they showed!   Way to go!!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone got three assists before they pulled the goalie, then added a goal and an assist with the empty net for the first five point game from a Senator since Kovalev (he did the moon walk when he skated out for the first star; I was at that game).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looking at Canadian born right wingers Stone was tied for the lead with Simmonds before the game started. He is now 5 ahead, having played 3 fewer games. Perry, Eberle, everyone else are all further down the line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is this the season someone finally passes Karlsson on team scoring? Stone is 3 points back.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Stone got three assists before they pulled the goalie, then added a goal and an assist with the empty net for the first five point game from a Senator since Kovalev (he did the moon walk when he skated out for the first star; I was at that game).

Holy cow,  didn't notice he had 5 points!    Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This clearly isn't the team we've had in recent years, because I totally wrote them off at 3-2. Feels so good. Time to smokeweedeveryday and CHILL

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We sure missed Lazar in that one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:We sure missed Lazar in that one.

Neil played less than 4 minutes. These aren't your father's Battle of Ontario games.

Lazar has a better chance to keep up with Laine. But for all we know they'll go back to playing 7D.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum